hd25-1 impressions thread
Mar 6, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #2,311 of 3,348
  If you're willing to flip the cups, you can also go with a heavier cable, then you can with one that travels through the headband.  I "settled" on 4 strand SPC so I didn't have to have upside down Adidas logos.  I know, I know.... its pure vanity reasons...

That's why I've been tempted to get a set of Amperiors at a great price these days, and do a cup flip and try my HD650 cable on them.  The logo on those don't look odd upside down.

If you're talking about the logo on the left cup of HD25-1 ii, I know you can  lever it off. (I used a scalpel blade)  You just wedge it underneath and pry it up. Whether it can then be put on 'reverse' I haven't tried. it might be possible. I had to so when I fixed the loose sliding mechanism  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665349/sennheiser-hd25-fixing-slipping-sliders#post_10194177

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #2,312 of 3,348
Just bought a pair of these with the intention to use them for monitoring in the studio & live events BUT I have been blown away by how good they sound for music!
after a 50 hour burn in I have found them to deliver a wonderfully 'honest' and down to earth sound. On occasion a tad too much bass for me but I was expecting this. They have a warmth that feels Im being given a hug! Very nice. Im usually into clear crisp sound...why I love the Grado sound so much but surprisingly the warmth here & the highs works so so well.
Yes, very impressed and happy with them. I have long been a Grado fanboy but Im very much enjoying the sound of these :D
I used to own the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone but I sold them as I didn't find anything special about the sound ?! 
A sound engineer friend of mind had a set of the HD 25 I on the mixing desk of a live event we were working at last year - I had a quick listen to check something and I remember saying to him how sweet they sounded! I recently saw them for a good price so I bought a set - I guess my intuition was right! 

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #2,313 of 3,348
Here's an awesome track that does HD25 Justice.

beerchug.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,314 of 3,348
Guys, when Juno.co.uk mention cable length 1.5 meter, I wondering if the measure from where the cable split or started from the left wire (black connector)? I'm thinking of getting my self HD25 cable but I don't know how is their measurement. 1.5 meter from left side cable will be too short.

I contacted them but no respond.

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #2,316 of 3,348
  I just measured my stock cable and it's 1.5 meters from the y split.

That should be enough long. But that's stock. I wondering the Juno Zomo replacement cable measurement:
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/zomo-replacement-straight-cable-for-sennheiser-hd25-black-1-5m/473514-01/

Thinking of getting along with that clamp.

Edit: Wondering if I should get the official to be safe:
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/sennheiser-hd25-replacement-cable-with-right-angle-jack-1-5m/350492-01/

According to my search, Zomo cable is thicker and better quality compared to stock cable.

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #2,317 of 3,348
There's limited space it the headband.  Any cable much larger then the stock won't fit...

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #2,318 of 3,348
  There's limited space it the headband.  Any cable much larger then the stock won't fit...

Ah, that's correct. I almost forgot that. Amperior and HD 25 basically use the same cable and headband right?

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,320 of 3,348

Ah, that's correct. I almost forgot that. Amperior and HD 25 basically use the same cable and headband right?

There are a few differences from the Amperior and HD25, but they do feed the cable along the same headband.

And you always have the option of flipping the cups for larger cables, like the ones used on the HD580/600/650...

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #2,323 of 3,348
It reduce the bass?

From what I remember, bass was slightly increased and tightened up. Haven't used them in a while though as my dad currently has them.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #2,324 of 3,348
Which amp do you use for portable purposes?

I have 2 portable setups that I use with the HD25s.  First is the ALO RxM3 b, paired with a Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo db, and the other is the DAC/Amp combo from the CEntrance, the HiFi-M8.  Both are fantastic, but I do prefer the first combo with the HD25s...

FYI, I want silver plated copper hoping for tighter bass.  I think it did the trick...

Mar 24, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #2,325 of 3,348

There are a few differences from the Amperior and HD25, but they do feed the cable along the same headband.

And you always have the option of flipping the cups for larger cables, like the ones used on the HD580/600/650...

But that will make it look less cool. Haha... Anyway, flipping the cups will not change the sound right? Juno records not responding to my inquiry too. Make me hesitated to buy from them. Three sent, one replied.

From what I remember, bass was slightly increased and tightened up. Haven't used them in a while though as my dad currently has them.

How long is the cable? 1.5m?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back