hd25-1 impressions thread
Apr 22, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #1,217 of 3,348

Quote:
Does anyone know a retailer that will ship HD25-1s to Canada (or sell in-store)?

Retailers were probably discussed in this thread, but there's so many pages! x.x

At lease in Toronto, you can try Moog Audio (where I bought mine) or Long & McQuade. I believe they both ship.  You probably wont find them in any regular audio retail stores but need to look at specialty DJ or music recording/instruments stores.  If I had to do it again, I'd just probably purchase them off eBay.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #1,219 of 3,348

Quote:
At lease in Toronto, you can try Moog Audio (where I bought mine) or Long & McQuade. I believe they both ship.  You probably wont find them in any regular audio retail stores but need to look at specialty DJ or music recording/instruments stores.  If I had to do it again, I'd just probably purchase them off eBay.

Thank you very much for the reply! I didn't even think of Long & McQuade, and both places seem to ship free.

I didn't take into account the change in price between Canada and US prices though... So the HD25-1 IIs could be a bit over my budget...

Maybe I'll settle for the HD25-SPs. They're bound to sound pretty similar to my ears.

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #1,220 of 3,348
These things are awesome! They were waiting for me when I got home from work. Bought them from J and R for $159. Great stuff! Still want to get an amp for them, but not bad at all straight out of an ipod. More comfortable and isolating than I expected. Sweet!

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #1,221 of 3,348

Quote:
Maybe I'll settle for the HD25-SPs. They're bound to sound pretty similar to my ears.

Reno.. my advice is not to get the SP's.  I was in the same quandry when I purchased the HD25-1's.  I listened to both side by side.  Because of the price difference, I really wanted to love the SP's.  I tried to convince myself for about half an hour, but the truth is the HD25-1's are far superior to the SP's. So I ended up with the good ones.
Off eBay, you can get the HD25-1's with shipping for less than the SP's in Canada with tax. (especially with the Canadian $ being a little better than the US $).  I purchase a lot off eBay and rarely get hit with duties and taxes.  May be worth your while.

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #1,222 of 3,348

Quote:
Reno.. my advice is not to get the SP's.  I was in the same quandry when I purchased the HD25-1's.  I listened to both side by side.  Because of the price difference, I really wanted to love the SP's.  I tried to convince myself for about half an hour, but the truth is the HD25-1's are far superior to the SP's. So I ended up with the good ones.
Off eBay, you can get the HD25-1's with shipping for less than the SP's in Canada with tax. (especially with the Canadian $ being a little better than the US $).  I purchase a lot off eBay and rarely get hit with duties and taxes.  May be worth your while.

Out of the listings for 'em, is there anything I should look out for? I mean, would this one be okay, or should I be looking out for any potential counterfeits?

edit: I guess 4705 cases of positive feedback answers my question...
biggrin.gif

edit #2: The seller is also on Sennheiser's USA authorized online dealers list!

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #1,223 of 3,348
Not to derail the thread, but...

Are you really from Sweden? If so, you've just creonfirmed my steotype (from watching Metalocalypse) that everyone from Sweden has long hair and/or dreads.

Quote:
Quote:
would someone please post pictures with people wearing the HD25?  I am in need of a public headphone that is not so enormous as my FA003...

or this page,Iḿ wearing mine, all the time
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #1,224 of 3,348

Are you really from Sweden? If so, you've just confirmed my stereotype (from watching Metalocalypse edit: and Family Guy) that everyone from Sweden has long hair and/or dreads.

Quote:
Quote:
would someone please post pictures with people wearing the HD25?  I am in need of a public headphone that is not so enormous as my FA003...

or this page,Iḿ wearing mine, all the time
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #1,225 of 3,348
Quick Question:

I am in love with the HD25-1. (Well infatuated...I've only had them a day!) They're not my "perfect"; a little bassy for me. But they do a lot of things really, really well. So much fun and I am loving them with jazz. Really nice headphones.

So the question: What have you all found is similar in open ear headphones? I just got the HD600, and am enjoying them, but wow the HD25 has shown me that the HD600 are not that much fun. I'm just curious, what do you find to be the ope ear, full-sized, amp driven version of the HD25-1?

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #1,226 of 3,348

Quote:
Quick Question:

I am in love with the HD25-1. (Well infatuated...I've only had them a day!) They're not my "perfect"; a little bassy for me. But they do a lot of things really, really well. So much fun and I am loving them with jazz. Really nice headphones.

So the question: What have you all found is similar in open ear headphones? I just got the HD600, and am enjoying them, but wow the HD25 has shown me that the HD600 are not that much fun. I'm just curious, what do you find to be the ope ear, full-sized, amp driven version of the HD25-1?

Thanks!

The trouble is there really aren't that many mid-forward full-size headphones that I can think of. One that I think sounds similar to the HD25 (with less bass) is the AD2000, very fast, detailed, agressive-sounding, and forward warm mids.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #1,227 of 3,348

Are you really from Sweden? If so, you've just confirmed my stereotype (from watching Metalocalypse edit: and Family Guy) that everyone from Sweden has long hair and/or dreads.

yes I am.. but I shaved my dreadies,now I look like a true viking, hair looks like i slept in a bush for a week and long beard :p

x1 for HD-25 over SP, did some listening to both before buying mine..
they dont sound the same at al to my ears--

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #1,228 of 3,348

Quote:
Quick Question:

Thanks!

Soundwise I like my Alessandro MS1 as much as my HD25, and the alessandro is more airy and has less bass body, but still nice punch.  but that would be like a candy for you since is cheaper than the HD25 and way way cheaper than the HD600. But i really do have fun with it, if isolation wasnt so bad Id use it for portable.

Apr 23, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #1,229 of 3,348

Quote:
The trouble is there really aren't that many mid-forward full-size headphones that I can think of. One that I think sounds similar to the HD25 (with less bass) is the AD2000, very fast, detailed, agressive-sounding, and forward warm mids.

Wow! The AD2000 were more than I expected, but I didn't say anything about price! I feel the HD25 is something really special and your post confirms that!

Quote:
Soundwise I like my Alessandro MS1 as much as my HD25, and the allesandro is more airy and has less bass body, but still nice punch.  but that would be like a candy for you since is creapher than the HD25 and way way cheaper than the HD600. But i ready do have fun with that, if isolation wasnt so bad Id use it for portable.

Those sound really interesting! I'm checking them out, and a nice price point too!

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #1,230 of 3,348
I've just started checking out the HD-25's and I was wondering if they can be recabled balanced and run through Ray Samuels' protector amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back