hd25-1 impressions thread
Nov 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #2,191 of 3,348
damn, well thats your choice, I got them from best buy here in canada they were on special for 170 with taxes (aroud 120 euros) brand new :), the momentum[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]'s are very good though.

Its a damn tough choice.... :)

Thats why i was asking if the hd25s without the made in ireland print on the headband are not fale... Those are the onde i can get... :)

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #2,192 of 3,348
  Guys Help please!!! I am really thinking of buying a pair of hd25's or amperiors to join my momentums but there is one thing that is bugging me ans this is it...

The first image is from an ad here in Portugal and i am thinking of buying those. The second image is a random google picture...

As you guys can see both headbands are different and because of so i have only this question.... are the hd25's with only sennheiser writng on the headband fake??? 

Everytime i look on google or that i see someone with a pair of hd25's it always says made in ireland but i also have seen a couple of pair saying sennheiser only....

Can someone explain this to me please?

Thank u.... :)

Can anyone clarify me about this please? Owners of the basic editions raise your voices!!! XD

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #2,193 of 3,348
They're both the same headphone. One of them is a special edition however that comes with a canvas zip-up pouch. But yes I've had both in the past and they're the same headphones, not a fake.

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #2,197 of 3,348

I went with BTG Audio's "Midnight" series, but I'm willing to bet almost any cable upgrade will be greatly noticed in sound improvement:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/btg-audio-midnight-hd-25-cable/reviews/9603

I tend to thing the weak link in the HD25's chain, is the steel stock cable used...

http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/~/product/category=2609075&id=14054484

Besides the BTG stuff are there any others worth looking in to?
I don't mind postage from the US but if it's from the UK even better!

I love my HD25's and use 'em daily on a ~2hr bus journey but haven't been able to compare it with upgraded cables. Could be worth looking at.

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #2,200 of 3,348

Besides the BTG stuff are there any others worth looking in to?
I don't mind postage from the US but if it's from the UK even better!

I love my HD25's and use 'em daily on a ~2hr bus journey but haven't been able to compare it with upgraded cables. Could be worth looking at.

If I was in the UK, my first visit would be to Toxic Cables.  I really want to see what all the fuss is....
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #2,201 of 3,348
Cosmetically heres an idea - 

All cables you see are Toxic Cables items made by Frank.
You can see they look amazing!
The build quality and craftsmanship is second to none, And
IMO they do make a subtle & positive improvement to the sound.
Worth every penny in my book and I will keep going back to Frank for more :)

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #2,202 of 3,348
The basic edition comes with velours and a basic draw string bag.

Special edition comes with velours and zip-up canvas bag.

About the hd25's... it really seems to be a basic edition here in europe with only the adapter (no velour pads and no bag of any kind....)....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-Edition-Headphone-headband/dp/B00009ZSYG?SubscriptionId=AKIAJYDFGEV2HXBYEQJQ&tag=z0ec-21&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00009ZSYG

This is the version sold in europe on amazon and has you can see on ›        See more product details  This is the content....

Box Contains

Sennheiser HD25-1 headphones
screw on jack adaptor
3.5mm to 6.3mm

I've searched the U.S. amazon and it seems that this version is not sold there....  Here's an unboxing vid of the basic edition as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_UOS9L8YFA

This are the ones i can get in Portugal. The guy Has no box and no recipt (only the content) but fortunately i can try them before buying them. :)

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,203 of 3,348
Pedro, I did not realize they sold such a 'basic' version with nothing with the headphone and adaptor overseas! Well in the end, it is the headphone that counts and the HDs are pretty indestructible. That local deal you told me about is a great deal btw.

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #2,204 of 3,348
Pedro, I did not realize they sold such a 'basic' version with nothing with the headphone and adaptor overseas! Well in the end, it is the headphone that counts and the HDs are pretty indestructible. That local deal you told me about is a great deal btw.

I told ya.... :p
But what really was making me confused about being fake or not was the lack of the " made in ireland" and the "ce" on the headbands. But if you say they are real i trust you my friend.... XD
To be honest i think i vere saw anything pointing to fake hd25's online and believe me i googled a LOT!!! if it is true that there are no fake it is amazing how they stayed "fake free" for 25 years....

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2,205 of 3,348
Yeah IME I haven't come across any fakes and I remember having the same query when I saw those different headbands. All the ones I have had have been the same great headphone despite the different writing on the headband.

Btw in light of our convo, I took my HDs to work today and was enjoying my commute a lot. To me, they are some great cans with good timbre and a sound sig that once it becomes familiar to you, you never want to let it go. At least that has been my experience. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back