hd25-1 impressions thread
Apr 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #1,831 of 3,348
Quote:
I have recently purchased a pair of HD25-1 IIs for use with an iPod Claasic 160GB and an iBasso P4. Whilst it initially sounded excellent, after about 60 or so hours of intensive burn-in, the sound has deteriorated, the bass becoming overpowering. Will this bass bloat go away again after further burn-in, or are the HD25s merely revealing their true nature (making tweaks elsewhere necessary)?

Are you shure this was caused by the burn-in? Can't it be something else? If anything, mine just got better with burn-in (I think the bass got tighter and the treble settled down a bit). And I never found them to be bass heavy... 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,836 of 3,348

Quote:
please let us know how your experience is, I miss my HD-25's but am a little hesitant to order from there. 

I was set to order my HD25's from Dakmart's site back in the day, I read some feedback and decided on a different direction. When I contacted them to cancel my order their response was less than graceful, but to their credit the response was prompt and the order was cancelled.
Best of luck to randallm

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,837 of 3,348

Quote:
Anyone got their hands on the Amperior? Should be out some time now.

Soon, Soon....ordered and paid for already.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #1,838 of 3,348
They didn't include a shipping number natively, so I had to message them to get it. Nevertheless, they've assured me it will arrive on Monday.

A little unprofessional imo, but I'd recommend them to someone else just for the price--- at least for now.

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,839 of 3,348
Quote:
I have recently purchased a pair of HD25-1 IIs for use with an iPod Claasic 160GB and an iBasso P4. Whilst it initially sounded excellent, after about 60 or so hours of intensive burn-in, the sound has deteriorated, the bass becoming overpowering. Will this bass bloat go away again after further burn-in, or are the HD25s merely revealing their true nature (making tweaks elsewhere necessary)?

Are you shure this was caused by the burn-in? Can't it be something else? If anything, mine just got better with burn-in (I think the bass got tighter and the treble settled down a bit). And I never found them to be bass heavy... 
rolleyes.gif

It looks like I may have sorted out the bass bloat! I had initially been listening to them after a 13-hour flight, and it seems that the pressure change may have had the effect of reducing bass output. The cans have now settled down, and I have managed to "dial in" a more neutral sound by rolling op-amps and buffersin the P4. I'm now using AD797s, with discrete transistor buffers and a BUF634P WB on the first ground socket. It appears that the HD25s need plenty of current and a decent damping factor. Gain is currently set to 0dB!

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #1,840 of 3,348
Just got my Adidas HD25-1 II! I actually prefer the orignal more but I only paid $150 cad for these (new). The only thing that really bothers me are the white velour pads... I really wanted blue or even black pads.

I might sell them here then buy some regular ones online 
bigsmile_face.gif

Coming from my HD558's these things have a lot of bass. 

Other headphones I have in comparison:
HD558
SE215
EH250
Portapro's
KSC75

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,842 of 3,348
Ok, I'm absolutely loving my HD25, but now I wanna color up my collection, anyone know a pair of headphones with a fun sound similar to the HD25, but with an insane amount of bass and a better sound stage, like you were in a club per say. I was considering the pro700 mkii, but I heard from one person that it was a somewhat clinical sound just with a lot of bass. I'm also considering the LP2, but the treble is really a turn off to me. Any other suggestions? 

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #1,843 of 3,348

Quote:
Ok, I'm absolutely loving my HD25, but now I wanna color up my collection, anyone know a pair of headphones with a fun sound similar to the HD25, but with an insane amount of bass and a better sound stage, like you were in a club per say. I was considering the pro700 mkii, but I heard from one person that it was a somewhat clinical sound just with a lot of bass. I'm also considering the LP2, but the treble is really a turn off to me. Any other suggestions? 

Maybe Ultrasone HFI 580 or 780?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back