hd25-1 impressions thread
Feb 11, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #1,801 of 3,348
Try again on Monday.
Alternatively, build your own.  =X

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #1,802 of 3,348
I have both the HD-25's and the V-80's.. I love the nice tight base with the HD-25 and the highs are quite nice with a silver cable.. I love the V-80's openness, I find the highs a little better and more overall airy presentation but the bass is a little flabby.  They're both awesome with the FiiO E17.  If I had to choose one, it would be quite difficult..

Quote:
No, I haven't yet. I'm constantly teeter-tottering between the HD-25s and the V-Moda M-80's, and I definitely want to demo both out before I commit to a purchase. The last part of my post was sort of a joke, but I'm still considering buying one of them and then returning just for testing purposes. I'll probably call around shops here in SD and see if they have an HD 25 demo available.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #1,803 of 3,348

Quote:
I have both the HD-25's and the V-80's.. I love the nice tight base with the HD-25 and the highs are quite nice with a silver cable.. I love the V-80's openness, I find the highs a little better and more overall airy presentation but the bass is a little flabby.  They're both awesome with the FiiO E17.  If I had to choose one, it would be quite difficult..

As my audiophile uncle says, "Get both!". Maybe that'll be an option someday, hehe!

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #1,807 of 3,348
I am a proud owner of some HD25-1 II's and for anyone who feels that they are uncomfortable after a while should submerge the pads, both velour and pleather, in warm water and squish out all the air, let them re-inflate with water, then remove them from the water and squeeze out all the water and let them air dry (with fan for faster result). This really allows them to conform to your ears for comfortability and better seal.

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #1,809 of 3,348

Quote:
I must be one of the few that find the pleather pads comfortable. Then again I do have the head of a fish.

I find the pleather pads to be just fine, though I've yet to try the velour pads with my HD25 originals. Mostly because I want to keep the blue theme intact and the velours are white (yes, I admit it). Seems like white would get dingy looking before long, anyway.

I do not have the head of a fish, for the record.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #1,812 of 3,348
The right cup has a red connector on top with a big R on it.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back