Flats and buttons.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was half right.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #2,073 of 2,110

@shigzeo Welcome and Congratulations!

Jun 17, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #2,074 of 2,110

@shigzeo Welcome and Congratulations!

Thank you. I joined camp Grado with the GR10 some years ago, having appreciated a pair of 325s earlier, but never having owned anything from New York. Then last year I purchased the PS1000 and loved them. (I purchase a generation behind to keep costs down.) 

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #2,075 of 2,110
The gs1000e might be considered an improvement over the gs1000i but with the rs1i you're having the best Grado in my book. Many people, myself included, consider the rs1e to be inferior to pretty much every other grado.

Jun 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #2,076 of 2,110
The gs1000e might be considered an improvement over the gs1000i but with the rs1i you're having the best Grado in my book. Many people, myself included, consider the rs1e to be inferior to pretty much every other grado.

My phones will arrive Sunday or Monday. Thumbs up!

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #2,080 of 2,110
hi guys, hope you don't mind...i asked this question in the general grado thread
but thought it best to ask more specifically in here, too as one option  i'm looking into is the RS1i.

have senn 650s...want something to compliment their sound
my music: rock, blues and jazz...instrumental

...considering meze 99 classic (the flavour of the day it seems)
or massdrop thx00...then my friend (who has a hard on for the grado looks ''those wood cups!!'')
suggested RS1i (and he doesn't even own a pair, lol)..or 325e. (that is what grado suggested in a reply)

still looking at options:
i'm seeking detailed, fun, musical, resolving...deep punchy bass (but not ovewhelming the other parts of the spectrum)

cheers, thanks

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #2,081 of 2,110

i'm seeking detailed, fun, musical, resolving...deep punchy bass (but not ovewhelming the other parts of the spectrum)

cheers, thanks

On this both will serve you well.

cheers, thanks

But this, the RS1i is better.

The meze I've not tried but the THX00 follows a completely different soundstage from that Grado signature sound, which both the 325e and the RS1i exhibits perfectly. In short the THX00 is bassy, spacious and have quite good details, but it has way more bass than any Grados with the only exception being the PS500.

IMO if you want something to complement the HD650 the best choice would be the RS1i. One is slow, smooth and very good for softer music, the other is fun and energetic. Can't go wrong with the RS1i :)

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #2,083 of 2,110
  On this both will serve you well.
But this, the RS1i is better.

The meze I've not tried but the THX00 follows a completely different soundstage from that Grado signature sound, which both the 325e and the RS1i exhibits perfectly. In short the THX00 is bassy, spacious and have quite good details, but it has way more bass than any Grados with the only exception being the PS500.

IMO if you want something to complement the HD650 the best choice would be the RS1i. One is slow, smooth and very good for softer music, the other is fun and energetic. Can't go wrong with the RS1i :)

thanks again...for the same price as the massdrop thx00 i can get the grado RS1i.

when i emailed grado themselves to make a suggestion of one of their cans to compliment the senn hd650
(punchy, balanced, resolving but still warm musical) they suggested the 325e....maybe they were doing $$ against $$... but others on headfi
have also suggested the RS1i...and i just got my mojo in so from what i have read on here it (or my mad ear+hd amp) would make for good pairings.

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #2,084 of 2,110
When you listen to this headphone you appreciate John Grados'philosophy and what he is trying to achieve sonically.

It's not until you put it down, listen to other Grados'and then come back to this one model, that you appreciate what it delivers.

For me it's a special headphone and aesthetically orgasmic.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #2,085 of 2,110
When you listen to this headphone you appreciate John Grados'philosophy and what he is trying to achieve sonically.

It's not until you put it down, listen to other Grados'and then come back to this one model, that you appreciate what it delivers.

For me it's a special headphone and aesthetically orgasmic.

For me, the RS1i is special. I bought it on a visit to Washington, the last visit to my Dad before he passed away. It was the SECOND Grado that I had gotten (the first was the PS500), and as my second Grado, it made me a Collector of Grados, setting my foot on a path of perdition that has caused me to accumulate over two DOZEN Grados to this point (and still looking!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back