Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Aug 9, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #2,087 of 2,110
^  Great Deal  ^

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #2,088 of 2,110
I would just like to say .......................... RS1i RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L3000.gif

Love these headphones and I don't think I'll ever sell them.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #2,089 of 2,110
I would just like to say .......................... RS1i RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :L3000:

Wow! WHAT a tricked out RS1i. Hard to find in their native form, yours is more rare due to the special cable Andy shiny gimbals. Best wishes with them!

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #2,090 of 2,110
  I would just like to say .......................... RS1i RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L3000.gif

I find the difference between cheap and quality expensive cabling makes a huge difference in audio quality. When setting up a hi-fi, and when connecting my Chord Mojo to an amplifier.

Did you get a sonic boost with this cable, or anything you noted different?

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #2,092 of 2,110

I find the difference between cheap and quality expensive cabling makes a huge difference in audio quality. When setting up a hi-fi, and when connecting my Chord Mojo to an amplifier.

Did you get a sonic boost with this cable, or anything you noted different?

To be honest at the time of the cable upgrade I never really noticed a "wow" sonic boost. But what I can say is that when I took them along as a reference pair when I was considering adding to my collection the GS1000 and or the GH1. I walked out with just my RS1i's been disappointed with what I heard from the GS1000/GH1.
The only Grado that even came close in my mind was the PS1000i. If it was not for the price I would have got it. :)

I even compared it to the RS1e and was surprised by the Superior sound coming out of my headphones. What makes my RS1i stand out for me in the lovely bass I get out of them. In fact I would say it's the best bass I have ever heard on any headphone. I'm obviously no "expert" in the matter, far from it actually, but that's my take on it.

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #2,093 of 2,110
SirBenn21,

Lovely rs1i's and I share your sentiments on RS1i's.
Would never sell mine either and they are the best looking Grado's IMHO.

Could you please share cable details?

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #2,094 of 2,110
SirBenn21,

Lovely rs1i's and I share your sentiments on RS1i's.
Would never sell mine either and they are the best looking Grado's IMHO.

Could you please share cable details?

TWCu UPOCC cryo 99.999998% copper.

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/twcu-hook-up-wire.html

The very good mod was done by Twisted Cables in Brisbane Australia.

Cheers

Ben

Aug 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #2,095 of 2,110
To be honest at the time of the cable upgrade I never really noticed a "wow" sonic boost. But what I can say is that when I took them along as a reference pair when I was considering adding to my collection the GS1000 and or the GH1. I walked out with just my RS1i's been disappointed with what I heard from the GS1000/GH1.
The only Grado that even came close in my mind was the PS1000i. If it was not for the price I would have got it. :)

I even compared it to the RS1e and was surprised by the Superior sound coming out of my headphones. What makes my RS1i stand out for me in the lovely bass I get out of them. In fact I would say it's the best bass I have ever heard on any headphone. I'm obviously no "expert" in the matter, far from it actually, but that's my take on it.
I concur sir. The timbre of the bass in my RS1i's is the best I've heard in any Grado except for the PS1K's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back