Grado modders go Magnum
Apr 13, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,052 of 4,994
All finished.wow these sound amazing.all alloy cups with alloy sleeves and Ypsilon drivers.7n solid core and cryo copper stranded four wire braid.still need to burn them in.

How did you get the cups?

Edit: nvm, saw they're from Spirit Labs.

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #4,055 of 4,994
There alloy and yes pretty heavy so I would make them for home use.
I have how ever used alloy sleeves that I bought of I think Ambchang and the Ypsilon drivers slot in perfectly.
The sleeves have threaded holes for grub screws and hold the drivers in about 4mm.

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #4,058 of 4,994
  does anyone here ever compare V6 with Grado line up like SR325e/RS2e/PS500e ? 

I didn't have the PS-500e, but had the original version.  To me, the bass on that version of the PS500 was too "artificial" and the headphone really tried.  Using the G-Cush pads on my Symphone's V6 , I really like how it sounds.  The bass is more natural to me - and plentiful.  I compared them to a pair of GS-1000i headphones last weekend.  The GS-1000i pair sounded good, but I'm not sure I'd trade my V6 Magnums for them as the V6 is making me smile.

I still want to hear another pair of GS-1000 (not the "I" or the "e" version) because I remember that it had an impressive and wide sound stage.  I'd love to compare them to the Symphone's V6 to see how they compare.

Enjoy the music!

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #4,059 of 4,994

I didn't have the PS-500e, but had the original version.  To me, the bass on that version of the PS500 was too "artificial" and the headphone really tried.  Using the G-Cush pads on my Symphone's V6 , I really like how it sounds.  The bass is more natural to me - and plentiful.  I compared them to a pair of GS-1000i headphones last weekend.  The GS-1000i pair sounded good, but I'm not sure I'd trade my V6 Magnums for them as the V6 is making me smile.

I still want to hear another pair of GS-1000 (not the "I" or the "e" version) because I remember that it had an impressive and wide sound stage.  I'd love to compare them to the Symphone's V6 to see how they compare.

Enjoy the music!

i haven't bought a pair of g's, but i was thinking the g cush would be really good with the v6

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #4,061 of 4,994

Omg I can't stop building lately. I suppose that's what happens when ur laid up with broken ankles.Any way here we have another part build. Hmmm so which drivers do I use for these wooden sleeved alloy cups ? :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Looks great!, congratulations. I also have a set of wooden sleeved alloy cups and a pair of drivers... if I could only get a set of Martin's gimbals and rodblocks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back