Grado modders go Magnum
Mar 14, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #3,983 of 4,994
I screwed up one of my drivers by soldering it too many times. Tested too many cups.
Replaced Drivers and now they sound better than ever. Love the sound of these cans.

Hiw do you like the V6 drivers?

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #3,985 of 4,994
  These are the only ones I use these days. I'm really loving the new drivers. 

Nice! I was thinking, would it be a good idea to solder little extension cords onto the drivers? This way you're not constantly soldering/heating up the contact points on the drivers directly, thus lowering the chance of breaking the driver, I expect.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #3,987 of 4,994

These are the only ones I use these days. I'm really loving the new drivers. 

Nice! I was thinking, would it be a good idea to solder little extension cords onto the drivers? This way you're not constantly soldering/heating up the contact points on the drivers directly, thus lowering the chance of breaking the driver, I expect.

What happened was a little bead of solder rolled into the hole here.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #3,989 of 4,994
Just got the shipping confirmation from Rhydon, my V6 drivers will be here in 5 to 8 business days. Consider me stoked!

In the meantime listening to some Massive Attack (Mezzanine)

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #3,990 of 4,994

Well guys, they arrived! For now I have just desoldered my SR60e drivers and used my stock cable for the V6'es in the C6 casings.

I will have to try them in my Mahogany woodies, but for now that will have to wait. I first want to get used to the sound signature in the C6 casings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back