Grado modders go Magnum
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #3,436 of 4,994
  Now that is some exciting news
atsmile.gif

Waiting for Rhydon to elaborate a little more on the new drivers.

The website is indeed a little sparse on information...from what I can tell its a new coating used to treat the diaphragm and venting (holes in the felt).

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #3,437 of 4,994
A little from Rhydon when I emailed him...

This iteration has been two years in the making.

He has been using a variety of cups to test them. The aim was to have them work with anything and everything (within reason I am sure, of course).

They have increased transparency, less resonances and smoother high frequencies.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #3,438 of 4,994
A little from Rhydon when I emailed him...

This iteration has been two years in the making.

He has been using a variety of cups to test them. The aim was to have them work with anything and everything (within reason I am sure, of course).

They have increased transparency, less resonances and smoother high frequencies.
sounds good brother, I can't wait to get a hold of a pair of these drivers!

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #3,439 of 4,994
sounds good brother, I can't wait to get a hold of a pair of these drivers!

Be quick! he has 18 for the first run, then it will be a month before the next, bigger batch comes out. They are doing a ramp-up on production...so small start, gradual climb.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #3,446 of 4,994
fantastic price,they're sure to sell out quick .shame is i just spent my allotted headphone funds for the next 2-3 months on a pair of philps fidelio x2 (no regrets there,in fact i love them).i just hope i can catch the second or third batch of v6's and finally get in on the modding fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back