Grado Fan Club!
Aug 31, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #9,031 of 65,583
Quote:
The ms1 will do that! Lol

Yes, the sound is like that.  The MS1i has been compared to being more in the SR-125i range from Grado.  The exception being, Alessandro and Grado tipped down the highs a bit, and the mid-range is pretty healthy.

Quote:

despite my HE400's being vastly superior in all technical aspects, i can't get enough of the grado sound (sr80i) on a few different genres...including metal which is the highest percentage of my listening.  i'm already dreaming of ps500 (anything further up is beyond my desire LOL)

As I say, not all headphones can serve all purposes.  It's good to have options and go between them as your listening selection changes.
Quote:
Hi Mr.Wayne, I see you spend more time with your Grado now. What happened to your hifiman?
biggrin.gif

Oh, I still have them and use them.  I also have Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, etc., that I still use too.  But, it truly was with the Grados and the Magnums where I was my most active here on the forums a few years ago.  Which reminds me, I need to set up folder in my picture gallery to be able to display the previous collection of Grados and Magnums that I've owned.  Their numbers go higher than the HifiMans, and I've owned all the HifiMans with the exception of the HE-5 and the HE-6.  
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #9,033 of 65,583
Quote:

Oh, I still have them and use them.  I also have Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, etc., that I still use too.  But, it truly was with the Grados and the Magnums where I was my most active here on the forums a few years ago.  Which reminds me, I need to set up folder in my picture gallery to be able to display the previous collection of Grados and Magnums that I've owned.  Their numbers go higher than the HifiMans, and I've owned all the HifiMans with the exception of the HE-5 and the HE-6.  
wink.gif

I'm with you on that!
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #9,034 of 65,583
I am sitting here this morning listening to some REO Speedwagon from 1977 "Live...You get What You play For"

I started listening with my AKG Q701.....I like these cans, but use them mainly for gaming.

I switched to my RS1i and my LD1+......I am now listening to my 2nd playthru of this album......the difference in the guitar between these two headphones is unreal.
I have said it many times....but at times like this...it makes me want to say it again.   Grado's make guitars sing a song at a different level
L3000.gif

I am not bashing the Q701 in any way...I like them a lot....but my RS1i  just does something special to my ears.....I guess it is like your favorite old shirt, or pair of shoes that just feel right.

My RS1 just feels right, and this album sounds better to me than it ever has......man, I love Rock 'n' Roll and Grados.

The PRAT is off the hook.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #9,035 of 65,583
Quote:
I am sitting here this morning listening to some REO Speedwagon from 1977 "Live...You get What You play For"

I started listening with my AKG Q701.....I like these cans, but use them mainly for gaming.

I switched to my RS1i and my LD1+......I am now listening to my 2nd playthru of this album......the difference in the guitar between these two headphones is unreal.
I have said it many times....but at times like this...it makes me want to say it again.   Grado's make guitars sing a song at a different level
L3000.gif

I am not bashing the Q701 in any way...I like them a lot....but my RS1i  just does something special to my ears.....I guess it is like your favorite old shirt, or pair of shoes that just feel right.

My RS1 just feels right, and this album sounds better to me than it ever has......man, I love Rock 'n' Roll and Grados.

The PRAT is off the hook.

i really would like to ear the rs1i, but it may come at the expense of either the ms2, or the ps500
i tell you, if i had to pick one to let go, it very well may be the 500, when its right, its unbelievable
but its not unbelievable with everything, the ms2 is great with everything
the 500 to me is like a ferrari or something, when it can stretch its legs , there is nothing like it
but its just a car if you're stuck in traffic, or on city streets and can't hit the gas
the ms2 is maybe the bmw, it can do it all, and do it pretty good

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #9,036 of 65,583
^ Thanks is very interesting ^

I have the PS500 on my radar to compliment my RS1i

I loved my 325i, but got rid of them because I did not think they would get much head time because I liked the RS!i so much.

If I don't feel the PS500 will get much head time after I purchase them...I will sell them also and more than likely get a Mapletree Ear+HD and feel that I am set for my liking.

I am really hoping , however that I like the PS500 enough to warrant keeping both.

So far, no matter what I have bought....I end up just listening to the RS1....maybe I just have to realize that I am a one headphone type of guy.

Nothing wrong with that I suppose, as for me it is mostly all about the guitar
gs1000.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #9,037 of 65,583
i'd love to hear what you think the 'differences' are between those cans

despite my HE400's being vastly superior in all technical aspects, i can't get enough of the grado sound (sr80i) on a few different genres...including metal which is the highest percentage of my listening.  i'm already dreaming of ps500 (anything further up is beyond my desire LOL)

i'll get a demo session when i can find some 500's but what kind of 'upgrade' are we talking from the 225 to the 500?

personally I don't like metal with the PS500, the bass is too much and tge guitars can sound very scooped especially with more modern metal where the recording is already scooped. the RS1 and AD2KX (both can be found for less than $500 used) and even SR80 all sound better to me than the PS500 with metal. I had the 225 and I would choose it with the tape mod over the PS500. now for hip hop I'd choose the PS500.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #9,038 of 65,583
Quote:
^ Thanks is very interesting ^

I have the PS500 on my radar to compliment my RS1i

I loved my 325i, but got rid of them because I did not think they would get much head time because I liked the RS!i so much.

If I don't feel the PS500 will get much head time after I purchase them...I will sell them also and more than likely get a Mapletree Ear+HD and feel that I am set for my liking.

I am really hoping , however that I like the PS500 enough to warrant keeping both.

take my thoughts with a grain of salt, my experience is very limited, i've only been at this for a year or so, so not a lot to base my findings on

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #9,039 of 65,583
Quote:
that store can't ship to indonesia bro
frown.gif
any other stores or ebay sellers that sell it?

I'm not sure.  I don't live in Indonesia.  The store I linked to is the only one that comes up on a Google search.  You could take the item # from their site, and contact Sony Support to see if they can provide the part for you.

As to "bro" what if I were a lady?  
eek.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #9,040 of 65,583
Quote:
take my thoughts with a grain of salt, my experience is very limited, i've only been at this for a year or so, so not a lot to base my findings on

I like reading everybodys thoughts....ultimately I will make my decision with my own ears, as everybody hears things differently.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #9,042 of 65,583
Quote:

I like reading everybodys thoughts....ultimately I will make my decision with my own ears, as everybody hears things differently.

i try to live by "if i like it, its good"
same here, the only way we can get any idea other than hearing for ourselves is getting as many different opinions as possible, and go from there
ultimately though, its up to our own ears and the large organ between  those ears

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #9,044 of 65,583
Quote:

A pic of my new PS500 setup. 
biggrin.gif

hmmmm, haven't i seen that amp somewhere before ??
i have some new bugle boys buring in , in the lyr !

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #9,045 of 65,583

Users who are viewing this thread

Back