Grado Fan Club!
Aug 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #9,046 of 65,695
Quote:
Very nice!  "Bur" it in good.
biggrin.gif

i just noticed you have a dactIT, i'm listening to one now, and have a bifrost coming, and will be deciding between the two,
i'm really liking the dacIT though, the bifrost is going to have to be really good !

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #9,047 of 65,695
Quote:

A pic of my new PS500 setup. 
biggrin.gif

Nice setup you have there, that Bren1 record weight really dresses up your turntable nicely, i have one on my Technics SL-1200 MK2, and i find that it tightens up the sound.

And good call on the Little Dot 1+, this amp punches way above it's weight class.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #9,048 of 65,695
Quote:

Nice setup you have there, that Bren1 record weight really dresses up your turntable nicely, i have one on my Technics SL-1200 MK2, and i find that it tightens up the sound.

And good call on the Little Dot 1+, this amp punches way above it's weight class.

i sold him that little dot, when i got the lyr, now i love the lyr, but that little dot is a lot cheaper if you want to roll some tubes, and it does sound damn good !

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #9,049 of 65,695
Quote:
i sold him that little dot, when i got the lyr, now i love the lyr, but that little dot is a lot cheaper if you want to roll some tubes, and it does sound damn good !

I used to run a Little Dot I along with the HRT Music Streamer II for my DAC.  It was really a pretty sweet combination.  Especially for the $220 or so total price.  Quite great sound quality could be produced from it.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #9,050 of 65,695
Quote:

I used to run a Little Dot I along with the HRT Music Streamer II for my DAC.  It was really a pretty sweet combination.  Especially for the $220 or so total price.  Quite great sound quality could be produced from it.

when i first got the LD I, my dac was the msii, followed by the msii+ , hrt products punch way above their also, not flashy to look at but sound very good, undigital !

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #9,052 of 65,695
Quote:
These RS1i's are so damn good! So hard to sit and listen to music with them because they make me want to get up and move. So much energy!

Yep.....I figured that you would more than likely love the sound of them.

The PRAT is just plain off the hook.

Sit back and enjoy some of the best guitar that you have ever heard.

Put some of your favorite music on that you have listened to for years and I bet you will hear much stuff you have never heard before....including fingers and guitar picks hitting strings.

Enjoy....you are in for a great ride.

Congrats on your purchase.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #9,053 of 65,695
Quote:
Quote:
Very nice!  "Bur" it in good.
biggrin.gif

i just noticed you have a dactIT, i'm listening to one now, and have a bifrost coming, and will be deciding between the two,
i'm really liking the dacIT though, the bifrost is going to have to be really good !

My first sabre dac was the original Peachtree NOVA.  Something about the dreaminess.  Peachtree must have improved something because the DacIT immediately sounded better.  I went all tube (again) so the NOVA went away and I'm very happy with the new piece.  Did have to put blue post it note cut outs over the lights, just too bright in a darkened room.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #9,054 of 65,695
Quote:

Thanks, yeah the Bren1 is a pretty awesome not only does the sound tighten up but it works great for making any warped records lay flatter and it looks cool while doing it!

The Little Dot is amazing with the PS500 and vinyl.  I really need to list my HD800 for sale b/c it's not getting any head time now.  Hmmm, if I sale my HD800 I could buy a RS1 also!!!

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #9,055 of 65,695
Quote:
My first sabre dac was the original Peachtree NOVA.  Something about the dreaminess.  Peachtree must have improved something because the DacIT immediately sounded better.  I went all tube (again) so the NOVA went away and I'm very happy with the new piece.  Did have to put blue post it note cut outs over the lights, just too bright in a darkened room.

i've got the "last years model" not the x, other than the additional supported sampling rates, which isn't all that big a deal for me at the present, are you aware of any other differences,
i'm tempted to keep this one, and save $50 bucks, but then again, its only $50 bucks lol(of course depending on how i like the bifrost)

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #9,056 of 65,695
Quote:
Quote:

i've got the "last years model" not the x, other than the additional supported sampling rates, which isn't all that big a deal for me at the present, are you aware of any other differences,
i'm tempted to keep this one, and save $50 bucks, but then again, its only $50 bucks lol(of course depending on how i like the bifrost)

I guess I have "last year's model" so no comment. Bought 1/2/13 so maybe that's the one I have.

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #9,057 of 65,695
Quote:
I guess I have "last year's model" so no comment. Bought 1/2/13 so maybe that's the one I have.

further investigation, the "newer model" also has asynchronous usb input, either way, it is smooth sounding, with plenty of detail

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #9,059 of 65,695
I've got an older pair of MS-1's whose handband has broken.  Anyone know any descent replacements for ~$20 or less?  Either OEM or third party?  Thanks!

If you mean headband, I would recommend the replacement sony 7506 headband. It works great and is comfortable. $19.99
http://www.trewaudio.com/store/Sony-7506-Replacement-Headband-and-Cups.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back