Grado Fan Club!
Sep 24, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #4,636 of 65,854
In my experience, the 325is are the brightest Grados, closely followed by the GS1000is.
Some might like the energetic treble but I couldn't listen to them for more than 10-15 minutes.

The PS500s are very similar to the HF-2s. Warmer than the models in the Prestige series and with better bass than the RS1/RS1i.
The PS500s are also very similar to the vintage PS1s.

The PS1000s are unique. 
Very detailed with nicely extended treble but without any shrillness of brightness. Bass is tight, textured and goes very deep. 
The headstage/soundstage has great depth and left/right width also goes beyond the shoulders.

The PS1000s are my favourite headphones. Period. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #4,638 of 65,854
Quote:

I've read many different reviews, but maybe you're not that lucky because mine are warm, too :wink:   - even more so than the AKG Q701. Also, how many different 'colors' did the IS come in? I saw a youtube review with a chrome finish - not the silver/pewter finish.

Mine are the Goldies which IMO are the best looking ones. I was pretty disappointed with the polished ones when they came out...

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #4,641 of 65,854
Quote:

I've read many different reviews, but maybe you're not that lucky because mine are warm, too :wink:   - even more so than the AKG Q701. Also, how many different 'colors' did the IS come in? I saw a youtube review with a chrome finish - not the silver/pewter finish.

according to grado: "the silver metallic powder coat is the current production, though the chrome is a rare finish, we only had a limited run of those as we found that it is extremely difficult to produce". This is the answer I got from grado not long ago (1 month) when I found the chrome and the powder version for sale in two different shops. I ended up buying the "powder" although the chrome were really beautiful, I mean really beautiful...

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #4,642 of 65,854
Quote:

according to grado: "the silver metallic powder coat is the current production, though the chrome is a rare finish, we only had a limited run of those as we found that it is extremely difficult to produce". This is the answer I got from grado not long ago (1 month) when I found the chrome and the powder version for sale in two different shops. I ended up buying the "powder" although the chrome were really beautiful, I mean really beautiful...

I believe the chrome also gets fingerprints easily and they don't come out easy.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #4,643 of 65,854
Quote:

I believe the chrome also gets fingerprints easily and they don't come out easy.

Problem solved, though I really use G-Cush with my 325is.

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #4,646 of 65,854

Users who are viewing this thread

Back