Grado Fan Club!
Dec 17, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #63,436 of 65,796
Grado (RS1x) will also be used while traveling, I want it to play directly with my phone Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (Android13) playback from (Qobuz) is it possible that it will play well? and if not, will the combination of Note20 ultra+ Fiio Q5 (£329) + RS1x be suitable and good?

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #63,437 of 65,796
Grado RS1x będę używał także w podróży, czy te słuchawki są na tyle łatwe do zasilania, że będą grać w bezpośrednim połączeniu z samym telefonem? Mam go zainstalowanego (Qobuz) do otwarcia. Drugie pytanie: czy byłaby duża poprawa? gdybym podłączył mój telefon Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (Android13) + Fiio Q5 (329 GBP) +RS1x
Będziesz mieć większą szansę na uzyskanie odpowiedzi, jeśli zapytasz nas po angielsku :)

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #63,438 of 65,796
Grado RS1x będę używał także w podróży, czy te słuchawki są na tyle łatwe do zasilania, że będą grać w bezpośrednim połączeniu z samym telefonem? Mam go zainstalowanego (Qobuz) do otwarcia. Drugie pytanie: czy byłaby duża poprawa? gdybym podłączył mój telefon Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (Android13) + Fiio Q5 (329 GBP) +RS1x
I would say, for me, that I wouldn't do what you are proposing. They are an extremely open headphone and will have a high probability of annoying those around you. Also, they are not built as sturdy and ruggedly as other headphones, and I would be afraid of them being damaged when you are out an about.

My thoughts only. Let us know how things work out for you.

Leo

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #63,439 of 65,796
I’m ordering my first desktop amp from Schiit Audio. Prices and reviews are good so far. I’m trying to avoid tube amps though due to the cost, hassle, and the fact that I’m trying to avoid becoming a broke audio addict.
It's hard to go wrong with Schiit tbh. Most of their stuff is well regarded. The magni and modi are unbelievably good for how cheap they are. Great pairing with grado too, in my experience.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #63,440 of 65,796
Thanks for the reply. I'd prefer to spend under $1000 on the amp + dac. I really really like how they sound with the L pads, but I've seen a few people praise the F pads with these, so I might try that out. Thanks for the tip. I definitely agree about burn in. I've only used them for about 20 hours total at this point, but they're already sounding better and better. They were a little fatiguing when I first got them, but they've gotten a lot more forgiving and they definitely sound warmer too.
One more note: I did not like the L-pads which came with RS-1x. To me, they imparted a hollow, “cupped hands” quality to sound. Saxophones, in particular, became shrieky - and I was not listening to Albert Ayler !! In sum, with the F-pads …. 🎼 🙂 🎶.

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #63,441 of 65,796
One more note: I did not like the L-pads which came with RS-1x. To me, they imparted a hollow, “cupped hands” quality to sound. Saxophones, in particular, became shrieky - and I was not listening to Albert Ayler !! In sum, with the F-pads …. 🎼 🙂 🎶.
That's interesting. I find them to sound very balanced with the L cushions. Even the bass is pretty great. Then again, I mainly listen to rock and metal. I don't listen to a lot of music with brass instruments.

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #63,443 of 65,796
I'll Definitely keep this in mind. I do love the way the L pads sound. But I'm gonna have to try the F pads.

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #63,445 of 65,796
Any consensus on G pads with the RS-1x?
Tried that combination some time ago, did not work for me. But neither did the L or F pads make me like the RS-1x…

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #63,446 of 65,796
Grado (RS1x) will also be used while traveling, I want it to play directly with my phone Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (Android13) playback from (Qobuz) is it possible that it will play well? and if not, will the combination of Note20 ultra+ Fiio Q5 (£329) + RS1x be suitable and good?
You would need a DAC to play with newer phones without headphone jacks built in. Apple makes a cheap one that's well regarded. There are other more expensive options, as well.

It seems to have more of a "corporate" feel now. The history is reduced to a single page, and there are no more pictures of the family. There no longer appears to be a link to blog.gradolabs.com even though it still exists, though it hasn't been updated in over a year. Strange direction that Grado is heading. It seems they're pulling back on some of the social media and exposure initiatives that Jonathan Grado spearheaded during the e-series era.
Yeah I can see that. I did like the old focus on the family and all that, but I can see why they'd focus more on the products. And if the blog wasn't being updated, why keep it prominently linked on the new site? I am curious to see what happens moving forward. It did seem that Jonathan really helped modernize the company in a really good way. I don't necessarily think that this is a sign of a reversal of that though. The new website is definitely modern looking, too.

Dec 17, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #63,447 of 65,796
Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #63,449 of 65,796
I'll Definitely keep this in mind. I do love the way the L pads sound. But I'm gonna have to try the F pads.
F-pads will put you closer to / in front row. Impact across the frequency spectrum will be greater: not to be confused with volume. ‘Panorama’ will be somewhat reduced by F-pads.

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #63,450 of 65,796
F-pads will put you closer to / in front row. Impact across the frequency spectrum will be greater: not to be confused with volume. ‘Panorama’ will be somewhat reduced by F-pads.
Sounds like the F pads make the rs1x more intimate. To me the L pads on the RS1X have a very "live" sound. The panorama effect is fantastic. They're definitely the most spacious sounding headphones in my small collection. Really happy I decided on these instead of the ananda nano. No regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back