Grado Fan Club!
Dec 18, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #63,466 of 66,323
… I still enjoy watching some of the reviews even though sound is so deeply personal. They help me understand some of the absurd lingo we use in this hobby.
… let’s face it 😃, we Head-Fiers (Gradoers) are - by hobby - an antisocial 😶 lot who need the lingo to hoodwink 😏 the rest into believing us to be geniuses … 🤣🤣🤣

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #63,468 of 66,323
Congratulations on the SR325x, I really like them a lot.

I added a RS2x last December and it actually gets the most play time of all my headphones.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #63,469 of 66,323
… let’s face it 😃, we Head-Fiers (Gradoers) are - by hobby - an antisocial 😶 lot who need the lingo to hoodwink 😏 the rest into believing us to be geniuses … 🤣🤣🤣
You mean asocial. Antisocial means to violate societal norms and rules.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #63,470 of 66,323
Hi there fellow Gradoers!

I’ve recently joined the camp with the SR325x. I instantly fell in love with them and now want more of the Grado sound.

I’ve got three options, all new, same price: RS1x/RS2x/GH4

Which one and WHY?

Anything that sounds thin is a big no!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your Grados. Can't comment on the rs2x or gh4. I sadly do not own them. So, I won't tell you what to buy. However, my Grado RS1X have been treating me very well. I love them and they are definitely a huge upgrade from my 325i. They're definitely not thin sounding by any means. The RS1X are not bass monsters, but the bass is quite punchy with great extension. Smooth vivid highs and very forward mids. And as they burn in they seem to be getting warmer. Definitely a lot of body compared to the lower end Grado models. If you're looking to get away from that "thin" sound, I'd definitely say the RS1X are a departure from that. They're very well rounded headphones, while still sounding very much so like a Grado. I'd very much so like to see what others have to say about the RS2x and GH4. Enjoy the 325x!

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #63,471 of 66,323
To add to that, I'd say the soundstage has especially impressed me. As I said in previous comments, they definitely have a "live" sound. At least to my ears. These things really excel at music with distorted guitar as well. Very chunky and crunchy sounding. In a good way.

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #63,472 of 66,323
To add to that, I'd say the soundstage has especially impressed me. As I said in previous comments, they definitely have a "live" sound. At least to my ears. These things really excel at music with distorted guitar as well. Very chunky and crunchy sounding. In a good way.
Great to hear that! I listen to a lot of grundge and alternative rock!

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #63,473 of 66,323
Hi there fellow Gradoers!

I’ve recently joined the camp with the SR325x. I instantly fell in love with them and now want more of the Grado sound.

I’ve got three options, all new, same price: RS1x/RS2x/GH4

Which one and WHY?

Anything that sounds thin is a big no!
For me it’s clearly GH4 (based upon feedback that they are very similar to my GH2) > RS2x >>> RS1x

The GH2 I own is lively and engaging with even a touch of warmth, doesn’t forget about bass, makes voices stand out a bit and sprinkles some glitter at the top.

The RS2x is a more sober version of that, while the RS1x unfortunately sucks all life out of my preferred music (electronic/EDM/Deep House). All with the default L pads btw. RS2x seems to work with G pads, GH2 works as well, RS1x isn’t helped by F of G pads.

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #63,474 of 66,323
For me it’s clearly GH4 (based upon feedback that they are very similar to my GH2) > RS2x >>> RS1x

The GH2 I own is lively and engaging with even a touch of warmth, doesn’t forget about bass, makes voices stand out a bit and sprinkles some glitter at the top.

The RS2x is a more sober version of that, while the RS1x unfortunately sucks all life out of my preferred music (electronic/EDM/Deep House). All with the default L pads btw. RS2x seems to work with G pads, GH2 works as well, RS1x isn’t helped by F of G pads.
I don't listen to a ton of edm. The RS1X really kick ass at rock and metal, which is basically 90% of what I listen to. But they also seem to do other music competently in my experience. I hear you tho, that's how I felt about the HD 6XX. I wanted to love the 6XX, but they rob the aggression out of the music I listen to.

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #63,475 of 66,323
I find the RSx-1 my goto headphone for traditional music.It reproduces the sound off the fiddle and the Bodhrán with a tightness and tone that is controlled.

Dec 19, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #63,476 of 66,323
As far as the reviews go, I’m sure Grado does not have the same technical specs of some other headphones. The may not sound exactly how the musicians played it in the studio. You may not hear the bassist pass gas in perfect rhythm. That does not mean they don’t sound good. Also, they are so light, I do not understand how they cause pain like the most common complaint. I guess my ears are just not that sensitive to sound or touch.

I still enjoy watching some of the reviews even though sound is so deeply personal. They help me understand some of the absurd lingo we use in this hobby.
the comfort part , for someone who lives in hot and humid area, grados are much less stuffy for my ears than many other phones . Be it using L , F or G pads..
I am prob one of the few who don't feel uncomfortable with L pads.

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #63,477 of 66,323
I don't listen to a ton of edm. The RS1X really kick ass at rock and metal, which is basically 90% of what I listen to. But they also seem to do other music competently in my experience. I hear you tho, that's how I felt about the HD 6XX. I wanted to love the 6XX, but they rob the aggression out of the music I listen to.
I feel the same way about 6XX. I still have them and use them to listen to acoustic jazz and vocal music, but for rock and metal, they are useless. My SR325x on the other hand are good with everything, be it jazz, blues, metal or edm. That’s why I want to dig deeper into the Grado hole… 😉

Dec 19, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #63,478 of 66,323
I feel the same way about 6XX. I still have them and use them to listen to acoustic jazz and vocal music, but for rock and metal, they are useless. My SR325x on the other hand are good with everything, be it jazz, blues, metal or edm. That’s why I want to dig deeper into the Grado hole… 😉
Yep I bought the 6XX as side grade for my 325i and mostly out of curiosity. Didn't take long for me to go back to my grados. Of all my headphones, the 6XX are the worst at aggressive music.

Dec 19, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #63,479 of 66,323
One must realize that this particular crew of "reviewers" works for headphones.com, a retailer who does NOT SELL GRADOS! I bet if their boss did start carrying Grado, their "reviews" would have very positive things to say about them!
We do in fact sell Grado although we do not currently have stock on the website at the moment.

1703005253314.png

Here are some of the other reviews done on Grado with Grado listed on our website.

A reviewers opinion on a product is not an indictment on the brand just as when someone pops into a Head-Fi thread to say they dislike / like a product. We don't control what our reviewers have to say about products and they aren't privy into what goes on on the sales side of the business. People always throw around accusations without merit every time one of our reviewers doesn't agree with their opinion but Head-Fi would not have threads with 4,000+ pages if everyone agreed with everything. It's good to find reviewers where their taste aligns with yours. And sometimes, they'll even provide measurement so you can get a general ideal of the tonality of a headphone.

If a reviewer's taste does not align with yours, it does not mean there is something nefarious at foot. It just means you have a difference of opinion.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 19, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #63,480 of 66,323
We do in fact sell Grado although we do not currently have stock on the website at the moment.

Here are some of the other reviews done on Grado with Grado listed on our website.

A reviewers opinion on a product is not an indictment on the brand just as when someone pops into a Head-Fi thread to say they dislike / like a product. We don't control what our reviewers have to say about products and they aren't privy into what goes on on the sales side of the business. People always throw around accusations without merit every time one of our reviewers doesn't agree with their opinion but Head-Fi would not have threads with 4,000+ pages if everyone agreed with everything. It's good to find reviewers where their taste aligns with yours. And sometimes, they'll even provide measurement so you can get a

Fair enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back