Grado Fan Club!
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #63,451 of 66,264
Recent headphone ranking on youtube

Grados were ranked at the D & F tier and yet we are raving about them in this fan club thread haha.

It is all hear...

No Grado will replace my other headphones/iems.

SR325x comes close to how some of my iems bass/midbass hits it is like if I am listening to iems (type of sound presentation) with the SR325x (F pads).

But then

NOTHING OUT THERE hits the same as the RS1X out of the LD4+SE < E70V. The bass hits like both hands slapping ears with neutron star density bass punches (those L pads air pressure slaps are just like that).

Nothing will replace the GS1000X those pure light emanating highs/treble is like a high altitude mini lake/pond filled with pure light emanating dew that shine like a liquid diamond trapped in between rocks on top of the highest mouintain peaks where everything is untouched and in its heavenly pure true form...

Really if I put together all my Grados combined the GS1000X is just so much better:)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #63,452 of 66,264
It is all hear...

No Grado will replace my other headphones/iems.

SR325x comes close to how some of my iems bass/midbass hits it is like if I am listening to iems (type of sound presentation) with the SR325x.

But then

NOTHING OUT THERE hits the same as the RS1X out of the LD4+SE < E70V. The bass hits like both hands slapping ears with neutron star density bass punchs (those L pads air pressure slaps are just like that).

Nothing will replace the GS1000X those pure light emanating highs/treble is like a high altitude mini lake/pond filled with pure light emanating dew that shine like a liquid diamond trapped in between rocks on top of the highest mouintain peaks where everything is untouched and in its heavenly pure true form...

Really if I put together all my Grados combined the GS1000X is just so much better now come on and tell me that this is some tier D&F and I will start rolling on the floor licking the carpet clean :)
gs1000x seems like a good addition to my collection esp when i already have the gs3000e.

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #63,453 of 66,264
Does bass in GS1000x can feed EDM music or any heavy bass music genre? Or it is still something like this type of bass in GS1000e?

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #63,454 of 66,264
Does bass in GS1000x can feed EDM music or any heavy bass music genre? Or it is still something like this type of bass in GS1000e?
To me as a fan of electronic music/EDM/Deep House, the GS1000x has no bass to speak of. Something like „tik tik tik“ marked the places where it was missing…
Hemp or GH2 are a much better fit but of course still don’t reach deep.

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #63,455 of 66,264
To me as a fan of electronic music/EDM/Deep House, the GS1000x has no bass to speak of. Something like „tik tik tik“ marked the places where it was missing…
Hemp or GH2 are a much better fit but of course still don’t reach deep.
What is with this kind of music?
The New Jersey Percussion Ensemble – Percussion Music
"Percussion Music: Works by Varese, Colgrass, Saperstein, Cowell, Wuorinen"
https://www.discogs.com/de/release/6865992-Var%C3%A8se-Colgrass-Saperstein-Cowell-Wuorinen-The-New-Jersey-Percussion-Ensemble-Percussion-Music

https://listen.tidal.com/album/341817
https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/p...-new-jersey-percussion-ensemble/0603497186860

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #63,456 of 66,264
What is with this kind of music?
The New Jersey Percussion Ensemble – Percussion Music
"Percussion Music: Works by Varese, Colgrass, Saperstein, Cowell, Wuorinen"
https://www.discogs.com/de/release/...w-Jersey-Percussion-Ensemble-Percussion-Music

https://listen.tidal.com/album/341817
https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/p...-new-jersey-percussion-ensemble/0603497186860

I don't own the GS1000x, so I can't check... yet listening into a few of those titles it might work, at least better than electronic music. The space and glitter should be there.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #63,457 of 66,264

Grados were ranked at the D & F tier and yet we are raving about them in this fan club thread haha.

It's best to ignore the youtubers imo. Pretty much all of them got a sennheiser and topping fetish. I once bought the atom stack because of their recommendations. It collects dust because it's the most boring stack in my collection lol. Paul McGowen is the only audio youtuber I listen to.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #63,458 of 66,264

I try to avoid influencers

Dec 18, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #63,460 of 66,264
Finally got settled in to the new house. Only took 2 months of 24/7 at my age. Bought a new Stressless and set up a new listening station with a Schiit mini-stack, including Loki Mini+. Finally, plugged in the Grado SR60x bought last summer, and hardly listened to before the October move. DAMN they sound good! Gotta be one of the best bargains in headphones. Listening to Heart's Greatest Hits. Pure rock and roll delight.

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #63,461 of 66,264
Dec 18, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #63,462 of 66,264

One must realize that this particular crew of "reviewers" works for headphones.com, a retailer who does NOT SELL GRADOS! I bet if their boss did start carrying Grado, their "reviews" would have very positive things to say about them!

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #63,463 of 66,264
One must realize that this particular crew of "reviewers" works for headphones.com, a retailer who does NOT SELL GRADOS! I bet if their boss did start carrying Grado, their "reviews" would have very positive things to say about them!
I never realized that lmao, but that adds up. They don't even speak of grados very often. Positive or negative. Regardless, I'd avoid listening to these guys. They tend to maintain safe ASR friendly opinions to avoid the wrath of r/headphones and similar forums.

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #63,464 of 66,264
Dec 18, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #63,465 of 66,264
As far as the reviews go, I’m sure Grado does not have the same technical specs of some other headphones. The may not sound exactly how the musicians played it in the studio. You may not hear the bassist pass gas in perfect rhythm. That does not mean they don’t sound good. Also, they are so light, I do not understand how they cause pain like the most common complaint. I guess my ears are just not that sensitive to sound or touch.

I still enjoy watching some of the reviews even though sound is so deeply personal. They help me understand some of the absurd lingo we use in this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back