Grado Fan Club!
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #63,421 of 65,799
Nah, I don't want to spread rumors. I heard they're having a tough time getting new wood, but that's about all I know. The way they dealt with the limited PS500x thing seemed kinda off, and my gut feeling says they might be having financial issues. Hope I'm wrong though...

I don't want to be so grumpy about it, but this news website doesn't help at all, if there is anything going on. So old fashion. The new RS line looks like something from the early 90. I look the photos and don't want to buy them anymore. The products are amazing, I love all vintage Grados, is just everything around them, that don't do justice. Anyway, it's just a website and pure aesthetics, just commenting on this out of deep love for the brand and because I care. :)

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #63,422 of 65,799
Got a pair of RS1X a couple weeks ago and I'm completely in love with these headphones. A huge upgrade from my sr325i. These headphones are absurdly good for heavy metal. Pairs great with my Magni+ and Modi+. Very raw and engaging. Huge soundstage and super engaging mids. Guitar solos sound so juicy. The highs are intense, but so damn smooth. Guitar sounds so crunchy and good. Sounds a bit softer with my jds labs c5 and ibasso dx50, but still great. Thinking of upgrading my magni and modi now that I got my hands on these beasts. Any recommendations? Thinking of the Fiio K9 Pro ESS.

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #63,424 of 65,799
So the Hemp has a very nice and very engaging bassment and also prat. Just the higher highs are missing for me. Is any of the X Grados perfect in the way that they sound like a Hemp but with really nice 'e' level treble?

I guess the 225x. Never heard, just read about it. Here in the archives a member praised it for having the e treble bite.

Of maybe the 325x. Less soft edges.

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #63,425 of 65,799
I love my Grado RS2e as well despite getting the Moondrop PARA. It has a weaker bass but it just doesn’t fatigue my ears despite many hours of listening. The Grado is comfortable and light enough to sleep with it on.

The planar headphones I just got sounded great and accurate but makes my ears fatigued after an hour or so. Maybe I’ll just reserve it for gaming.

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #63,427 of 65,799
Which cable did you get from them? Seems they list them by headphone they're compatible with, not the connections they have and there's no way to search. So I'm not sure which one has a single 3.5mm connector.
I ordered the cable and it performs well when I might need to run it plugged. I ordered it and specified the length and termination which was stereo 3.5mm male on both ends. I remember the cost was in the $50 range. Well pleased.

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #63,428 of 65,799
So the Hemp has a very nice and very engaging bassment and also prat. Just the higher highs are missing for me. Is any of the X Grados perfect in the way that they sound like a Hemp but with really nice 'e' level treble?
There’s been unnoficial and unverified comments that claim SR225x and Hemp use the same driver.

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #63,430 of 65,799
Got a pair of RS1X a couple weeks ago and I'm completely in love with these headphones. A huge upgrade from my sr325i. These headphones are absurdly good for heavy metal. Pairs great with my Magni+ and Modi+. Very raw and engaging. Huge soundstage and super engaging mids. Guitar solos sound so juicy. The highs are intense, but so damn smooth. Guitar sounds so crunchy and good. Sounds a bit softer with my jds labs c5 and ibasso dx50, but still great. Thinking of upgrading my magni and modi now that I got my hands on these beasts. Any recommendations? Thinking of the Fiio K9 Pro ESS.
What is your price limit? [PS - with much headphone break-in and with F-pads (Grado or TTVJ Deluxe Flats) plus much patience on my part, RS-1x is one of my favourite headphones.]

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #63,431 of 65,799
Grado in the midst of it all …
6ADE2D0F-1DEF-415B-B8E3-8F3AD942F5A9.jpeg
😀🙂😀

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #63,432 of 65,799
Dec 17, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #63,433 of 65,799
What is your price limit? [PS - with much headphone break-in and with F-pads (Grado or TTVJ Deluxe Flats) plus much patience on my part, RS-1x is one of my favourite headphones.]
Thanks for the reply. I'd prefer to spend under $1000 on the amp + dac. I really really like how they sound with the L pads, but I've seen a few people praise the F pads with these, so I might try that out. Thanks for the tip. I definitely agree about burn in. I've only used them for about 20 hours total at this point, but they're already sounding better and better. They were a little fatiguing when I first got them, but they've gotten a lot more forgiving and they definitely sound warmer too.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #63,434 of 65,799
Thanks for the reply. I'd prefer to spend under $1000 on the amp + dac. I really really like how they sound with the L pads, but I've seen a few people praise the F pads with these, so I might try that out. Thanks for the tip. I definitely agree about burn in. I've only used them for about 20 hours total at this point, but they're already sounding better and better. They were a little fatiguing when I first got them, but they've gotten a lot more forgiving and they definitely sound warmer too.
I’m ordering my first desktop amp from Schiit Audio. Prices and reviews are good so far. I’m trying to avoid tube amps though due to the cost, hassle, and the fact that I’m trying to avoid becoming a broke audio addict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back