Grado Fan Club!
Dec 8, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #63,391 of 65,665
I usually use IEM's when I walk but now that the weather has turned colder, and I can put my hood up I've been using my 225x's. What a treat. Now I face a delima come the spring. Do I continue to use the Grado's and look like a dork? Maybe.
Ha! When I lived in NJ, I worried about that, too. Then we moved to Brooklyn, and people there wear big headphones everywhere! Now we're in Texas, and the dorkiness is back in the equation...

Dec 8, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #63,392 of 65,665
I usually use IEM's when I walk but now that the weather has turned colder, and I can put my hood up I've been using my 225x's. What a treat. Now I face a delima come the spring. Do I continue to use the Grado's and look like a dork? Maybe.
'Looking like a dork' is a matter of personal opinion. Personally, if I saw someone in public wearing a pair of 225xs, I'd think of them as a sophisticated person with a refined taste in music. (wear them proudly) :gs1000smile:

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #63,394 of 65,665
Having recently spent a not quite insignificant amount of money on headphones, I still love coming back to the GH2. It does miss the impressive bass performance of the other two, yet I still like it even with my electronic music, there just is something to how it presents it. And its so incredibly light...

I'm also quite happy with the PS500, but I think I'll let both the RS1 Button and the Hemp go.

IMG_2538.jpeg
The other two on this photo being the DCA E3 on the left and the Austrian Audio Composer on the right, both recent additions.

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #63,395 of 65,665
Having recently spent a not quite insignificant amount of money on headphones, I still love coming back to the GH2. It does miss the impressive bass performance of the other two, yet I still like it even with my electronic music, there just is something to how it presents it. And its so incredibly light...

I'm also quite happy with the PS500, but I think I'll let both the RS1 Button and the Hemp go.

The other two on this photo being the DCA E3 on the left and the Austrian Audio Composer on the right, both recent additions.
I'm a PS500 fan, and have been wondering if that new DCS E3 might be a good closed-back alternative. I have the Aeon, but it is not in the same league.

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #63,396 of 65,665
I'm a PS500 fan, and have been wondering if that new DCS E3 might be a good closed-back alternative. I have the Aeon, but it is not in the same league.
The E3 reaches much deeper and has much more bass pressure. Mid and treble are not that far apart I’d say, though I did not cross check. The E3 needs much more power though.

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #63,397 of 65,665
I grabbed a pair of GW100x headphones after asking for impressions on them here the other day. They sound great. These sound way better than my Sony MX4's. I didn't think BT headphones could sound this good, honestly. Obviously my RS1x sound better and I haven't tried these wired yet. But I already love them. Good bass, fun highs like Grado is known for. And I was surprised at how loud they get. Usually I have to turn up the volume on my BT headphones or earbuds to the max. These are sitting at around 3/4 max volume and are plenty loud.

If anyone has recommendations for a replacement 3.5mm cable for them, I would appreciate suggestions.

T4dGwHY.jpg

Attachments

• duoEujd.jpg
    duoEujd.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #63,399 of 65,665
Does Grado upgraded their website?

https://gradolabs.com/

Looks like it unifies with 4ourears.com

The “older” one was so modern and beatiful. A joy to see, with amazing photos and clean modern look. The new one looks from the 90’s. Make them looks old fashion in a bad way.
Yeah. Looks like it. Must have happened in the last few days. I was on their website earlier last week and it was the older one.

I agree the old design was more beautiful. But it was also kind of a pain to navigate and find links to buy headphones. I'm sure they wanted more of a focus on the shop aspect of the site to sell more headphones. And I don't blame them for not wanting to run two separate sites.

Dec 10, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #63,400 of 65,665
Thanks for the impressions.

I would definitely try them wired if I pick up a pair, but they'd primarily be used to replace my Sony's when I want BT convenience but good sound. I doubt that even wired they would replace my RS1x or Hemps.
Definitely no replacement - but a supplement :o2smile: (something you really don't need - but is very nice)

Dec 10, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #63,401 of 65,665
Definitely no replacement - but a supplement :o2smile: (something you really don't need - but is very nice)
As you can see from my post above, I bought a pair. lol

They're pretty great so far. Obviously my RS1x sound better, but they sound better than any other BT headphone I've listened to in the past. Definitely not going to be my regular headphones while sitting at my desk when I have access to my other headphones. But I regularly used my Sony headphones when doing chores around the apartment or going for a walk around the neighborhood and I think the GW100x will replace the Sony headphones for that stuff for sure.

Dec 10, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #63,402 of 65,665
Be proud! Be a ‘Gradork’ !! 👍🤣

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #63,403 of 65,665
I grabbed a pair of GW100x headphones after asking for impressions on them here the other day. They sound great. These sound way better than my Sony MX4's. I didn't think BT headphones could sound this good, honestly. Obviously my RS1x sound better and I haven't tried these wired yet. But I already love them. Good bass, fun highs like Grado is known for.
If anyone has recommendations for a replacement 3.5mm cable for them, I would appreciate suggestions.

T4dGwHY.jpg
I purchased one for approximately $50 from Audiophile Ninja and am happy with both the sound and build quality.

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_8126.jpeg
    IMG_8126.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Dec 10, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #63,405 of 65,665
I purchased one for approximately $50 from Audiophile Ninja and am happy with both the sound and build quality.

Enjoy

Which cable did you get from them? Seems they list them by headphone they're compatible with, not the connections they have and there's no way to search. So I'm not sure which one has a single 3.5mm connector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back