Grado Fan Club!
Jan 8, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #50,431 of 65,587
Jan 8, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #50,434 of 65,587
Jan 8, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #50,436 of 65,587
Anyone know the answer to this and can share?
I measured it a while ago: on the RS-1x, from the earcup to the base of the headphone jack was 66”.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #50,437 of 65,587
I agree that I really doubt they have any Heritage models left at the factory, hope I am wrong. There was a GH1 for sale on the classified a few days ago.

Of course do reach out to Grado to make sure. The recommendation to try some Grado dealers like Todd the Vinyl Junkie in case they might is also a good thought.

Good luck…..👍🏻
I googled NON (New Old Stock) Grado GH4 for sale last night after seeing the post to check if any AD's have them, unfortunately to no avail.
In the past when the PS1000 was discontinued I had very good results finding them NOS long after from AD's on more than one occasion, so it looks like @jjss will have to go pre-owned.

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #50,438 of 65,587
I have £600 burning a hole in my pocket after the sale of some of my Sonos speakers that I no longer use much. Do I:

a) Be sensible, and save it towards my holiday later this year
b) spend it on upgrading my car which needs some more go faster stuff fitting to it
c) Consider some Dan Clark Aeon X closed backs (I really need a nice pair of closed back phones)
d) blow the lot on a pair of RS2x!!

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #50,440 of 65,587
Focal Elegia at same price?

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #50,441 of 65,587
Jan 9, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #50,442 of 65,587
Just got 325Xs! I love them, they're absolutely wonderful, but I don't love the pads right now. I've read online that the L-Cush pads sound wonderful and widen the (already wonderful) soundstage. The problem is that there are none available in any store anywhere. FYI I live in Canada. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to official grado L-Cush? I've been looking at the Geekria stuff on Amazon, but I want to know if anyone has had a good time with them.

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #50,443 of 65,587
I have £600 burning a hole in my pocket after the sale of some of my Sonos speakers that I no longer use much. Do I:

b) spend it on upgrading my car which needs some more go faster stuff fitting to it
c) Consider some Dan Clark Aeon X closed backs (I really need a nice pair of closed back phones)
The fact That you posted this on the Grado thread pretty well answers the question 😁

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #50,444 of 65,587
Just got 325Xs! I love them, they're absolutely wonderful, but I don't love the pads right now. I've read online that the L-Cush pads sound wonderful and widen the (already wonderful) soundstage. The problem is that there are none available in any store anywhere. FYI I live in Canada. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to official grado L-Cush? I've been looking at the Geekria stuff on Amazon, but I want to know if anyone has had a good time with them.
1. Many have reported good results with cheap pads elsewhere on this thread.

2. I would try adjusting how you wear them... I.e. lower down than normal... more comfortable and more even sounding.

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #50,445 of 65,587

I personally went option "C" - nice contrast to my SR325X.

The Drop Aeon Closed X sounds great with my Schiit Asgard 3 amp / Modius Combo.

I have heard good things about the Focal, but their quality control issues scare me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• G0rt
Back