Grado Fan Club!
Nov 9, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #49,366 of 65,577
Nice. I just ordered from Audio46 today.

You’re right. There’s something about Grado that keeps me coming back. I only had the Empyreans for a few months. They’re great headphones, but the Grados are kings of low volume listening.

I hope the new driver adds some width to the soundstage on the RS1X.
Soundstage is definitely wider on the X models, can confirm.

Nov 9, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #49,368 of 65,577
If soundstage is important you won’t be dissapounted with the the rs1. I had the Rs1e for a while. Had a custom cable job done on them from an online dealer.. well the cable end broke within 6 months and I was gentle with it. They internally wired the headphones. So going back to the original cable was out of the question. And me sending them back for a repair only to have fixed again and again was out of the question for me as well. Anyways the Rs1e still made an impression on me that I will come back for its new incarnation. Albeit with included cable this time. Check out Allison Krauss and Union Station’s album called Live on stream or physical when you get your rs1x. I recommend that to the fullest!

Thanks! Can’t wait to try them out.

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #49,370 of 65,577
Yes, I'm headed back to the SR325is myself (silver not gold) from the PS500e (which is very good, but ...). IMO, the 'e' series took a nice step toward a smoother sound for Grado -- the 'x' series seems to be heading toward "Sennheiser" land -- much more laid back. Give me the crisp up-front older 325 sound!!
I envy those who kept their Golden 325i. This was my old 325i and the legendary LISA III.
I will see if I can find a 325i again somewhere but also get to hear the 325x - still hoping that it could have some of the old metallic sound...

5639687643_26a96665af_b.jpg

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #49,371 of 65,577
Yes, I'm headed back to the SR325is myself (silver not gold) from the PS500e (which is very good, but ...). IMO, the 'e' series took a nice step toward a smoother sound for Grado -- the 'x' series seems to be heading toward "Sennheiser" land -- much more laid back. Give me the crisp up-front older 325 sound!!
yes, the old 325 sounds very good to me. wide soundstage. rythm, perfekt slam. mellow and relaxing.
my 80e is a far way back. considering to buy a 325 e before they are gone. i am not ready for the x yet.

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #49,372 of 65,577
Elusive Grado mating ritual:beerchug:
go.jpg

Nov 9, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #49,373 of 65,577
FYI, for anyone wanting a excellent condition PS500e, mine is for sale in the Classifieds. I let go of the RS2e because the 500e is a small step up in realism and detail, AND it is definitely the warmest / darkest in the Grado line up to it.

Nov 9, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #49,377 of 65,577
FYI, for anyone wanting a excellent condition PS500e, mine is for sale in the Classifieds. I let go of the RS2e because the 500e is a small step up in realism and detail, AND it is definitely the warmest / darkest in the Grado line up to it.
Those are some of the best bang for the buck Grado’s in the lineup.

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #49,378 of 65,577
Looking for a portable amp atm. If you are ever on the hunt for one. Check out the Vorzuge Pure II series. Excellent amps! Best portables I have heard on the market.
Interesting. Never heard of that company before?!
Vorzüge is a german word meaning something between asset(s) and advantage(s). Maybe nearer advantages. Their slogan means ‘quantum leap by innovation‘, may be they wanted to say ‘leading by innovation‘ or something like that.
So a german company I never heard of? Arouses curiosity. (Positively)
No german website. Ok, maybe they are more interested in the international market. Linnenberg did so When they sold more of their stuff internationally than in their home country.
But… my little middle european home country is called ‘Headphone Land‘ by every headphone company‘s salesman. Even in New York I haven’t seen this much headphones/squaremeter. (No offense meant, if possible at all to take it as one.) So why miss the market?
Ok, DuckDuckGo, the big G, and the other usual suspects have to find answers.
A guy named Keith Ong founded a company in Stuttgart in 2013. Interesting, I found (positive!) reviews written in 2014/2015 referring to products of 2011. The company moved to Böblingen (20 km/ 12,5 mi) in 2017. In September 2019 the company was liquidated. The products were made in Singapore. I didn’t find where or something about Mr. Ong in my few minutes of investigation. Moon Audio doesn‘t sell Vorzüge any more. There still is the website where you can order the products directly. Currently with X-Mas offers.
When you read my post(s) you can easily ‘detect‘ that I‘m no native speaker. (And please do never refer to my poor school/autodidactic English.) Polite readers will find this usage of words sometimes …a bit strange. (Thanks for your kindness.) 😏
It was this feeling about the usage of german words by Vorzüge, that made me curious.
That this might not be a (real/any more) german company has no meaning. Look at A&K. iRiver was connected to ‘mp3-Player‘ so, why not take a British sounding name with the better sounding stuff? (Astell is french-based British, Kern is Saxon.) By the way, Germans dig for British sounding Hi-Fi company names. (And smile at the Hi-Fi-Man and Lux-Man with their capes flying to protect the innocent… 😜) Names. OK, let’s talk about some Schiit.
Back to the story: Vorzüge has some good reviews, even at head-fi.org, their products were once sold by Moon Audio.
In terms of warranty it feels somewhat risky to have only the website forms, no company history, not a single name, no picture of the team, office… designing/production process?
(And I personally hate not knowing what DAC is used…)
But the most important question is:
How does it sound, connected to a Grado headphone?
😃

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #49,379 of 65,577
Congrats. I’m ordering that headphone in a few weeks if I can find it. Something about the Grado sounds reels you back in. They look something of an enigma to me when I first saw them. A heart of maple, a hit of hemp and a taste of Cocobola.

Yes, great sound quite unlike any other headphones.

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #49,380 of 65,577
Interesting. Never heard of that company before?!
Vorzüge is a german word meaning something between asset(s) and advantage(s). Maybe nearer advantages. Their slogan means ‘quantum leap by innovation‘, may be they wanted to say ‘leading by innovation‘ or something like that.
So a german company I never heard of? Arouses curiosity. (Positively)
No german website. Ok, maybe they are more interested in the international market. Linnenberg did so When they sold more of their stuff internationally than in their home country.
But… my little middle european home country is called ‘Headphone Land‘ by every headphone company‘s salesman. Even in New York I haven’t seen this much headphones/squaremeter. (No offense meant, if possible at all to take it as one.) So why miss the market?
Ok, DuckDuckGo, the big G, and the other usual suspects have to find answers.
A guy named Keith Ong founded a company in Stuttgart in 2013. Interesting, I found (positive!) reviews written in 2014/2015 referring to products of 2011. The company moved to Böblingen (20 km/ 12,5 mi) in 2017. In September 2019 the company was liquidated. The products were made in Singapore. I didn’t find where or something about Mr. Ong in my few minutes of investigation. Moon Audio doesn‘t sell Vorzüge any more. There still is the website where you can order the products directly. Currently with X-Mas offers.
When you read my post(s) you can easily ‘detect‘ that I‘m no native speaker. (And please do never refer to my poor school/autodidactic English.) Polite readers will find this usage of words sometimes …a bit strange. (Thanks for your kindness.) 😏
It was this feeling about the usage of german words by Vorzüge, that made me curious.
That this might not be a (real/any more) german company has no meaning. Look at A&K. iRiver was connected to ‘mp3-Player‘ so, why not take a British sounding name with the better sounding stuff? (Astell is french-based British, Kern is Saxon.) By the way, Germans dig for British sounding Hi-Fi company names. (And smile at the Hi-Fi-Man and Lux-Man with their capes flying to protect the innocent… 😜) Names. OK, let’s talk about some Schiit.
Back to the story: Vorzüge has some good reviews, even at head-fi.org, their products were once sold by Moon Audio.
In terms of warranty it feels somewhat risky to have only the website forms, no company history, not a single name, no picture of the team, office… designing/production process?
(And I personally hate not knowing what DAC is used…)
But the most important question is:
How does it sound, connected to a Grado headphone?
😃
It would probably pair quite nicely. I had some Audeze el-8s and some ultrasone edition 8’s. It was in these times I realized that this little headphone amp could drive the very best headphones one could drive with sublime sound. I had not heard a Grado when I had the amp. This was right after. But it’s a Honey. Vorzuge Pure II+ was the model. About 6 years ago. I am thinking of buying two of these amps. The Pro models. I bought my first amp from them so I could get it in peal white color as moonaudio only sold it in black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back