Grado Fan Club!
Nov 8, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #49,351 of 65,681
Best so far….
Best so far….
Without losing sight of the music I am pretty familiar with the characteristics of my different amps so they can be my seasoning for a best match combo.
I have quite a few amps that combine real well with Grados along with other headphone/amp combos.

Some additional “Spices”…. ha
Looking for a portable
Without losing sight of the music I am pretty familiar with the characteristics of my different amps so they can be my seasoning for a best match combo.
I have quite a few amps that combine real well with Grados along with other headphone/amp combos.

Some additional “Spices”…. ha
l

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #49,354 of 65,681
Thanks for the nice words. The rack is one of 3 abodes I have in the house for amp set ups. Below is pretty much the current state of that. Always fun to share.
:astonished:

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #49,355 of 65,681
Best so far….
image.jpg
Yes, I'm headed back to the SR325is myself (silver not gold) from the PS500e (which is very good, but ...). IMO, the 'e' series took a nice step toward a smoother sound for Grado -- the 'x' series seems to be heading toward "Sennheiser" land -- much more laid back. Give me the crisp up-front older 325 sound!!

Nov 8, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #49,357 of 65,681
Let me introduce you to my latest acquisition... Now if only my GS1000 would get here :gs1000smile:
HF3.jpg

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #49,358 of 65,681
Let me introduce you to my latest acquisition... Now if only my GS1000 would get here :gs1000smile:
HF3.jpg
Curious to hear your impression of these. At their price, I'm sure they will fall short of the GS1000, but who knows?!

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #49,359 of 65,681
Curious to hear your impression of these. At their price, I'm sure they will fall short of the GS1000, but who knows?!
One thing I can say about these (since I've only listened for a little while) is they are clear like all of my other Grado cans, these sound close to the 325x I think I'm gonna like these. IMHO I think they sound much better than their price point, maybe a bit more forward than my RS1e.
For sure more trebbly than my RS1e, not a bad thing...

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #49,360 of 65,681
Nov 8, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #49,362 of 65,681
Ordered the RS1x today. I previously had the GH4, which I sold because I bought the Meze Empyreans. Hoping the RS1x will be a great enhancement over my previous Grados. Going to be connecting it to a Lyr 3 and Bifrost 2.
Congrats. I’m ordering that headphone in a few weeks if I can find it. Something about the Grado sounds reels you back in. They look something of an enigma to me when I first saw them. A heart of maple, a hit of hemp and a taste of Cocobola.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #49,363 of 65,681
Congrats. I’m ordering that headphone in a few weeks if I can find it. Something about the Grado sounds reels you back in. They look something of an enigma to me when I first saw them. A heart of maple, a hit of hemp and a taste of Cocobola.

Nice. I just ordered from Audio46 today.

You’re right. There’s something about Grado that keeps me coming back. I only had the Empyreans for a few months. They’re great headphones, but the Grados are kings of low volume listening.

I hope the new driver adds some width to the soundstage on the RS1X.

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #49,364 of 65,681
Nice. I just ordered from Audio46 today.

You’re right. There’s something about Grado that keeps me coming back. I only had the Empyreans for a few months. They’re great headphones, but the Grados are kings of low volume listening.

I hope the new driver adds some width to the soundstage on the RS1X.
If soundstage is important you won’t be dissapounted with the the rs1. I had the Rs1e for a while. Had a custom cable job done on them from an online dealer.. well the cable end broke within 6 months and I was gentle with it. They internally wired the headphones. So going back to the original cable was out of the question. And me sending them back for a repair only to have fixed again and again was out of the question for me as well. Anyways the Rs1e still made an impression on me that I will come back for its new incarnation. Albeit with included cable this time. Check out Allison Krauss and Union Station’s album called Live on stream or physical when you get your rs1x. I recommend that to the fullest!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back