Grado Fan Club!
Dec 3, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #44,131 of 65,554
Playing some music from the Black Jazz record label. Warming up slowly . Great fit .
20201203_092849.jpg

Dec 3, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #44,132 of 65,554
@ruthieandjohn has what you're looking for as far as comparisons between Grado's, for sure.
There is no mention of cable conductors, though, in his comparisons, Take a look at his signature.
Hi can you direct me to a link for this info. This seems to go to his page. Or do I then have to message him directly ? Thanks.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #44,133 of 65,554
RS2e arrived 7.30am . Slowly warming them up . Love the feel already.
Received mine this morning too. They are a work of art to look and the smell of leather and wood is great. Thankfully they sound good too. A more refined Grado sound even without burn in, no harshness.

Listened to Brian Eno - Another Green World as recommended by Grado themselves. Very nice.

Just wish it still had a 1/4" Jack like my SR125.

Dec 3, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #44,134 of 65,554
Received mine this morning too. They are a work of art to look and the smell of leather and wood is great. Thankfully they sound good too. A more refined Grado sound even without burn in, no harshness.

Listened to Brian Eno - Another Green World as recommended by Grado themselves. Very nice.

It came with an adapter though, correct? Congrats on the new headphones! :)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #44,135 of 65,554
Hi can you direct me to a link for this info. This seems to go to his page. Or do I then have to message him directly ? Thanks.
Click on his username @ruthieandjohn then click 'About' and scroll down to the bottom of the page and right below his 'Signature' are the links to his comparisons.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #44,136 of 65,554

I'm ok with the smaller 3.5mm end tip. And a screw in 3.5 mm to 6.3mm tip. My gold 325 terminate with the 6.3mm tip . But I use the £10 sennheiser adapter. Very pleased with these . And great price

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #44,137 of 65,554
Click on his username @ruthieandjohn then click 'About' and scroll down to the bottom of the page and right below his 'Signature' are the links to his comparisons.
Wow thanks for this great info on the grado range some good reading here ....@ruthieandjohn if you see this do you know why the Sr 325 I gold , which I own. Have the longer thinner cables, and still terminate with the larger 6.3mm end ?
Thanks martyn

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #44,138 of 65,554
Wow thanks for this great info on the grado range some good reading here ....@ruthieandjohn if you see this do you know why the Sr 325 I gold , which I own. Have the longer thinner cables, and still terminate with the larger 6.3mm end ?
Thanks martyn
Hi! Older Grados in general, including the SR325i (gold) as well as the original RS1 and the still older HP1000, predate Grado’s shift to 8 and then 12 conductor cables. I once sent my original SR125 to GRADO for changing its connector from 6.3mm to the smaller 1/8” connector. I sent it with the thin cable, but it came back with the thicker cable as well as the smaller plug.

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #44,139 of 65,554
Can you say more about the Arya vs grado? I have not found planars to sound as open as my grados but maybe the Arya is the way to go? Thanks.
It is a really difficult question. My comparison have not been systemically; switching between head phones according to mood, music and environment. But the Arya’s are more like that the sound is coming out of the wall... very wide and detailed soundstage that goes really deep. The grados (e.g. GH2, Hemp, GS2KE) gives more presence and punch, but somewhat less detail. So it really - unfortunately - boils down to: I like them all. The only reason I bought the Arya’s, was because the nice and clever salesman put them on my ears and said listen! That was when I listened to the ifi pro idsd. He said: some really likes them and some don’t. After 5 min with unplugged Alice In Chains, I said, why would some not like this. He gave me a good deal, and that’s how I got my first (and only) planars:L3000:

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #44,140 of 65,554
I own many higher end headphones but this morning a Mahler symphony sounds fantastic on my hugo2 with grado sr60e. I think I may get a set of the hemps or maybe even a higher end set. Not sure what though. How do grados sound with the ifi blacklabel?
They sound really good. The X-bass on the BL may add a nice flavor to some music....

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #44,141 of 65,554
They sound really good. The X-bass on the BL may add a nice flavor to some music....

Yup, this knob can be very handy with i.e. synths and lots of artificially generated really low bass.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 3, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #44,142 of 65,554
My SR 325 50th anniversary with the longer thinner cable and 6,3mm tip. Trying out the geek g cush pads. Using my Fiio M7 playing jazz. FB_IMG_1606741168550.jpg
I love my G size pads with jazz -- to my ear, it really helps reduce the congestion that the smaller pads create.

Dec 4, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #44,143 of 65,554
I have the GS1000i and the newly bought GH2. The midrange and bass are clearly better on the GH2 than on the GS1000i. Instead, it has a more stage and a slightly higher resolution treble. I would like to buy another Grado On Ear because I had the GS3000e to test at home. The midrange and stage were perfect. But compared to my GS1000i, the bass and treble were too weak for me.

I am now wondering which On Ear Gardo should I buy now. I attach great importance to a punchy bass and especially detailed treble and listen to rock, blues and alternative country. Which one should i take? The GH1, the RS2e or even an old used RS1?

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #44,144 of 65,554
I am now wondering which On Ear Gardo should I buy now. I attach great importance to a punchy bass and especially detailed treble and listen to rock, blues and alternative country. Which one should i take? The GH1, the RS2e or even an old used RS1?

You should try the Hemp

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #44,145 of 65,554
You should try the Hemp x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back