Grado Fan Club!
Dec 5, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #44,161 of 65,633
Dec 5, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #44,162 of 65,633
O.k. last night I heard with the GH2 SSuzanne Vega - Solitude Standing Live 2012: It was so fantastic! The Bass and mids were so what netter than those of the GS1000i. The 1000i was in comparison only Bright with much less colors and punch
I own(ed) GS1000, PS1000 and GS1000i, I tested at home GS3000e and heard in a Shop GS2000e but I think GH2 is best Grado have heard so far. Is there another Grado with tue sound of GH2 but with little more highs? with the sound of

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #44,163 of 65,633
Thanks, I just read that the Hemp should have a very punchy bass and very soft and detailed highs. But I am looking for a sound image with enough high-frequency energy, so no sound with slightly set back highs. How's that with the Hemp?
Do audition the Hemps if you get the chance, I really like the highs but understandably they may not be your cup of tea. I personally don't think the highs are set back but they may seem that way compared to other Grados(some here consider the hemps dark, Steve Guttenberg in his review finds them bright so ymmv). The headphone is incredibly lively and life like-sounding (Grado designed it to sound life-like and incredibly dynamic). They do lack some of the energy of the sr225e's I used to own, the sr225e has grit in the treble that makes it my favorite Grado for rock, but the hemps give some of that up for a smoother and more life-like presentation while still managing to be energetic and musical. It's my favorite Grado at the moment!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #44,164 of 65,633
Do audition the Hemps if you get the chance, I really like the highs but understandably they may not be your cup of tea. I personally don't think the highs are set back but they may seem that way compared to other Grados(some here consider the hemps dark, Steve Guttenberg in his review finds them bright so ymmv). The headphone is incredibly lively and life like-sounding (Grado designed it to sound life-like and incredibly dynamic). They do lack some of the energy of the sr225e's I used to own, the sr225e has grit in the treble that makes it my favorite Grado for rock, but the hemps give some of that up for a smoother and more life-like presentation while still managing to be energetic and musical. It's my favorite Grado at the moment!
Thanks, that Sounds very good. Problem is, I cannNot Test it, because in Germany are only a few Shops which sell Grado.

Dec 5, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #44,165 of 65,633
Dec 5, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #44,166 of 65,633
I have the GS1000i and the newly bought GH2. The midrange and bass are clearly better on the GH2 than on the GS1000i. Instead, it has a more stage and a slightly higher resolution treble. I would like to buy another Grado On Ear because I had the GS3000e to test at home. The midrange and stage were perfect. But compared to my GS1000i, the bass and treble were too weak for me.

I am now wondering which On Ear Gardo should I buy now. I attach great importance to a punchy bass and especially detailed treble and listen to rock, blues and alternative country. Which one should i take? The GH1, the RS2e or even an old used RS1?
Never had that problem with the GS3000e's having weak bass and weak treble when connected to either my Chord Hugo2 or DAVE direct for all music genres.

Dec 5, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #44,167 of 65,633
Thanks, that Sounds very good. Problem is, I cannNot Test it, because in Germany are only a few Shops which sell Grado.
That's disappointing!

Here's hoping you find the perfect Grado for your needs 🍺

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #44,168 of 65,633
Expect it would be very hard to prove , check if the headphone was at fault. Without some top kit. As no stores to go to now hardly to even listen to them to compare . If the store had them they would be sealed. And no doubt they need some burn in. And I bet you have no friends who are into headphones to compare with . .Not a easy one ..
Absolutely, though mine are not new, they're bought used. Less than 2 years old, and they look in good condition, and of course technically work OK.

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #44,169 of 65,633
I own(ed) GS1000, PS1000 and GS1000i, I tested at home GS3000e and heard in a Shop GS2000e but I think GH2 is best Grado have heard so far. Is there another Grado with tue sound of GH2 but with little more highs? with the sound of

The short answer is...not really. The only one that might get you there is the PS2000e. I’m a Grado head and own pretty much every model including the GS3000e and yes the Hemp😊 It seems you love the GH2 like I do, at this point there is nothing that beats it in my opinion. The only other option might be the the rs1e but I think you would just go back to your gh2. I know I do. The rs is great and has a very slightly open soundstage and a hair more treble energy but the bass is not as punchy. Based on the sound you describe you like... the GH2 is the “one”...It is a killer headphone. Just be glad you have one. 😃 just my .02 cents.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #44,171 of 65,633
Never had that problem with the GS3000e's having weak bass and weak treble when connected to either my Chord Hugo2 or DAVE direct for all music genres.

Don't get me wrong, the GS3000e is a very great headphone. I've never heard something better in midrange and stage. But in direct comparison to my old GS1000i it had less bass and treble. GS3000e is clearly the better can than GS1000i, but it can not better it in every discipline imo. For me a 1800 USD can should be better than the others in every discipline. Bass- and trebleenergy is for me very important. The amp should not be the problem, because it is a McIntosh tube chain.

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #44,172 of 65,633
The short answer is...not really. The only one that might get you there is the PS2000e. I’m a Grado head and own pretty much every model including the GS3000e and yes the Hemp😊 It seems you love the GH2 like I do, at this point there is nothing that beats it in my opinion. The only other option might be the the rs1e but I think you would just go back to your gh2. I know I do. The rs is great and has a very slightly open soundstage and a hair more treble energy but the bass is not as punchy. Based on the sound you describe you like... the GH2 is the “one”...It is a killer headphone. Just be glad you have one. 😃 just my .02 cents.

thanks. PS is too heavy for me, not comfortable for longer sessions. What are the differences between Hemp and GH2 ? Does the GH1 really sounds so similar to the GH2? Do you have another idea, which grado could be right for me for changing from GH2 time to time?

Another thing: at product registration for my GH2 I get always a timeout failure on https://gradolabs.com/warranty . Is that normal? Is it a problem with warranty, if the registration is not done?

Dec 5, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #44,173 of 65,633
It's so pretty!
20201205_105357.jpg

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #44,175 of 65,633

Users who are viewing this thread

Back