Nov 16, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #43,907 of 65,584
Nov 16, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #43,909 of 65,584
This is the PS 500

Attachments

• BFC9DA1D-2531-4147-91B1-877FDF60C6E1.jpeg
    BFC9DA1D-2531-4147-91B1-877FDF60C6E1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 16, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #43,911 of 65,584
Either. No limits. GS3000e seems the highest end model, mixed reviews. Seems like Grado hits a point of diminishing returns fairly soon in the mid-fi area.

The PS2000e is the highest model (the GS3000e is the highest wood model). And yes, like everything, there is a point of diminishing returns. In my opinion, that point is reached with the SR225. The RS2e looks a lot nicer and it does sound better, but it is $300 more. I also think that if you can afford it then it is worth the extra money (for a little bit of extra sound quality, beautiful wood cups and a leather headband). If you are on a budget then the SR225 will do just fine...and you should not have to suffer from RS or GH envy.

Nov 16, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #43,913 of 65,584
GS1000e vs RS1e vs RS2e vs GH2 / GH4 ?

All well within budget

I have not heard all the models you listed...but the GH2 is the winner since it is so beautiful. Cocobolo FTW.

Here is a picture of mine:
IMG_2806.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #43,914 of 65,584
GS1000e vs RS1e vs RS2e vs GH2 / GH4 ?

If you are going in blind and don't intend to EQ, then GH4. The GS1000e has more potential with EQ and pad-rolling but you may absolutely hate it out of the box.

Nov 16, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #43,915 of 65,584
Is itt possible to unplug and reboot your Bluetooth?
No the whole Bluetooth dac seems to be inside the left can. I could only try to turn it off and on... Perhaps I must open it up to check what went wrong.
Very disappointed because I haven’t use these much. This doesn’t inspire my confidence in Grado’s upcoming true wireless Either, probably would not buy it despite how much I love agrado...

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #43,916 of 65,584
Yes, you’re right. I’m from a Joinery background and really like the look of the wooden ones.🤤
I’ve been very impressed with the sound signature for the genres of music I like, Blues, Prog, Electronic, Metal. Not tried my Classical collections yet.
My GH2 doesn't sound bad with Classical, but I don't listen to that much. Electric Guitars seem to be where Grado's excel, so yeah, blues, prog, metal, etc are right up Grado's alley.

Side note, my family lived in wee little Kirkcaldy over in Fife for a year back in 2001-2. We really miss the dramatic landscapes of Scotland! Mississippi, USA is nothing but pine trees!!

Nov 17, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #43,918 of 65,584
Why this lol? Is the GH1 and obvious choice?

Grados product range is congested. Bunch of headphones, around similar price points, look similar, scarce reviews. And a bunch use the same driver and vary in price wildly! Hard to decypher for the non-grado nutters.

As t the moment I'm wondering if any will suit my sonic tastes. I think most will be lacking in the bass/sub-bass, and those that have that boosted a bit might also be a bit V and bright up top for me. Hmm. Wish I could demo some here

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #43,919 of 65,584
Why this lol? Is the GH1 and obvious choice?

Grados product range is congested. Bunch of headphones, around similar price points, look similar, scarce reviews. And a bunch use the same driver and vary in price wildly! Hard to decypher for the non-grado nutters.

As t the moment I'm wondering if any will suit my sonic tastes. I think most will be lacking in the bass/sub-bass, and those that have that boosted a bit might also be a bit V and bright up top for me. Hmm. Wish I could demo some here
The lol was because there's really no right answer. Just because one spends more money doesn't mean your gonna like it more.
I used to think this way about Grados since I went through almost all models at one point but now I'm not so sure with the newer limited editions and even the "e" models.
Out of the models you pointed out, I think the GH1 would be a safer bet (although I personally haven't heard the gh2). It sounds good with the stock L-cush but also with the bigger g-cush aka salad bowls so you get to choose which you like best. You can get the bigger sound stage of the bigger Grados or the more intimate stage with the smaller L-cush pads. Personally I preferred them with the stock pads but many like them with the G-cush pads.

Edit: yes, ideally it would be best to hear for yourself.
I also had nowhere to demo but fortunately I'm in the US so with Grado or any other headphones I want to try I keep a close eye on the classifieds and jump on good deals on used cans.
I can then hear for myself and then sell off at a minimum expense after I'm done with it.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #43,920 of 65,584
My GH2 doesn't sound bad with Classical, but I don't listen to that much. Electric Guitars seem to be where Grado's excel, so yeah, blues, prog, metal, etc are right up Grado's alley.

Side note, my family lived in wee little Kirkcaldy over in Fife for a year back in 2001-2. We really miss the dramatic landscapes of Scotland! Mississippi, USA is nothing but pine trees!!
Douglas Fir as appreciated by Special Agent Dale Cooper?
There are some great aerial films of Scotland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back