Grado Fan Club!
Sep 29, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #38,701 of 65,805
Using SMC jacks is one of my favorite since they are so small but still provide a secure connection and the jacks are reasonably priced unlike some of the others that I've considered (HD800, MMCX and a few others). Here are a few other pictures of the SMC jack mods that I've done so you can get a better idea of what it will look like:

Thanks.

Sep 29, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #38,702 of 65,805
Using SMC jacks is one of my favorite since they are so small but still provide a secure connection and the jacks are reasonably priced unlike some of the others that I've considered (HD800, MMCX and a few others). Here are a few other pictures of the SMC jack mods that I've done so you can get a better idea of what it will look like:

What the name of this unplug connection ?

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #38,704 of 65,805
Dear friends,

I am up for my first pair of grados. I tried a lor of them today.

From sr60e up to Rs1.
Went I went to the store I was up to buy the 325e.

I like very much the sound of the Grados. The 325 were the ones I enjoyed the least. The weight and the foam pads were part of the dislikes. The highs were, to my ears, also very forward. The RS1 were the best. Great pair of headphones. I think I could listen to them all day long. Since my budget was 500 euros they are not to consider. So, I ended up ordering the 80s. Seemed very musical, light and enjoyable with very nice detail and soundstage.

My question is: is this a good start?

Many thanks.

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #38,705 of 65,805
I got notified today that the wireless GW100 are now available for order. I'm not ordering them right away but they're on my list to get before the end of the year. :)

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #38,706 of 65,805
Dear friends,

From sr60e up to Rs1.

I like very much the sound of the Grados. The 325 were the ones I enjoyed the least. The weight and the foam pads were part of the dislikes. The highs were, to my ears, also very forward. The RS1 were the best. Great pair of headphones. I think I could listen to them all day long. Since my budget was 500 euros they are not to consider. So, I ended up ordering the 80s. Seemed very musical, light and enjoyable with very nice detail and soundstage.

Many thanks.
I'm similar to you that I didn't care for the 325e and settled with the SR225e, lighter and to me less sharp in the highs. I've since modded mine with dynamat in the cups, added SMC jacks so the cable is removable, sorbothane on the back of the driver magnet and changed over to the larger generic G-pads which are quite a bit more comfortable and add a bit of soundstage and bass to me. Ended up liking the 225e so much got a RS1e a few months later but these were the bad ones (first RS1e which is different from the current RS1e) so sent them back and got the RS2e which I also love.

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #38,707 of 65,805
Dear friends,

From sr60e up to Rs1.

Many thanks.

if you enjoy it, sure. the low end grado models always a good start in my opinion

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #38,709 of 65,805
I'd love to hear some thoughts on the GH3 and GH4, if anyone has them yet... especially if you have a GH1 or GH2 to compare them to.

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #38,710 of 65,805
Any reviews on GW100 please. Want to order but not without a review by someone else first comparing them to other Grado's.

Thanks.

I could find literally one review online so far - a two sentence job on Grado’s official online store in the listing for the GW100.

I think it may be a bit before there are any decent “first impressions” postings much less in-depth reviews, they’re that new.

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #38,711 of 65,805
wait couple of weeks, i bet some tech website would review gw100, it's wireless

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #38,714 of 65,805
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my PS2000e with +/-50hrs on them.

Mind my asking why the sale? I know next to nothing about the PS2000e. Is it a good step up from the PS1000e or any other Grado?

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #38,715 of 65,805
If they cut out on you then a re-cable would be nice but I'd go a different way and make the cables detachable at the cups using SMC, 2.5mm or 3.5mm jacks. It will make it easier to change cables so you can easily change your cable in the future. I'd used SMC since the jacks are small and the connection is quite secure, like this on my RS2e:

Either the SMC connectors I have suck, or I suck at using them. I much prefer mini-xlr. Much easier to solder (both plug and jack), and easier to use. To each his own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back