Grado Fan Club!
Mar 29, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #34,981 of 65,817

It's like apples and oranges.  They're very different sound signatures.  I like the midrange on the GS1000e better, a bit more detail to the sound, and it has a bigger sound stage.  I like pretty much everything else you could name better on the GH2.  Which one is better?  Tough call.  Depends on the music you listen to I think.

rock, blues, jazz...love good bass slam (bass guitar, kick drum) without the bass overshadowing the other instruments.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #34,982 of 65,817
Well somehow my credit card info got onto the moon audio website with a GH2 in the cart.

I'm a little worried about how they will sound. I like the RS1i and the 325e versions the best . Hopefully I don't find these to have too much bass or lack in treble. I've never tried a GH model before.

I guess I'll find out soon!

Ever done some listening with the 225e?

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #34,984 of 65,817
I've tested them out at the store before but I don't remember what they sounded like. I do remember the treble wasn't as high as the 325e.

I don't own them but they were by far my favorite of the series. It was actually a toss up for me between the RS2e and 225e but I ultimately chose the RS2e.. it was a harder decision than you'd think though. Don't know why I love that headphone so much but it was so crystal clear and open sounding. I like to brag on it when I can because not many people mention it :yum:

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #34,986 of 65,817

rock, blues, jazz...love good bass slam (bass guitar, kick drum) without the bass overshadowing the other instruments.

If you love good bass slam, you'll hate the GS1000e since it has none.  But I have to believe it would be great for blues and jazz because of the better sound stage and imaging.  I really love mine for any music that isn't reliant on drums for presence. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #34,990 of 65,817
Can you buy the GH1/GH2 through an authorized dealer or only through Grados official 4ourears store?

You can buy them through any authorized dealer.
I'm not sure if the GH1 is still available? I know Grado had found something like 7-8 boxes in their warehouse not too long ago, but I believe they were sold out quickly?

The GH2 has one of the most gorgeous colored cups I've ever seen that it makes me feel like buying them every time I see them! 
confused_face.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #34,991 of 65,817
Just got them in. Unfortunately I'm at work and
Can't really listen to them but I can look at them I guess.

Can't wait until work is over!

blink.gif
 Completely decimated the side of the box, dude. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #34,992 of 65,817
Can you buy the GH1/GH2 through an authorized dealer or only through Grados official 4ourears store?

I got mine through moonaudio just because they are close to me and shipping is quick.

They seem to be a pretty reputable business, though. I bought these yesterday at 4pm and got them today with free ground shipping.
They shipped them out very quickly.

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #34,994 of 65,817
Joe how do you like WA8 vs WA6 with your grados?

WA6 - more lush and romantic. Great synergy with the Grado sound. Right up there with the MAD with the right tubes. Less total power, but enough for most dynamic cans.
WA8 - still lush but closer to neutral (probably due to the DAC choice). Great pairing as well but no tube-rolling options like the WA6. More power and obviously, an all in one where the 6 needs a DAC.

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #34,995 of 65,817

You can buy them through any authorized dealer.
I'm not sure if the GH1 is still available? I know Grado had found something like 7-8 boxes in their warehouse not too long ago, but I believe they were sold out quickly?

The GH2 has one of the most gorgeous colored cups I've ever seen that it makes me feel like buying them every time I see them! 
confused_face.gif

GO! click the button already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back