Grado Fan Club!
Mar 8, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #34,876 of 65,581
just stumbled on these while seeking out Grado related mod options on ebay and wanted to share it here ,
pretty decent prices and the seller Mark (ebay username mwcamp77) answered a question i had within a matter of minutes
http://www.ebay.com/sch/mwcamp77/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #34,877 of 65,581
  just stumbled on these while seeking out Grado related mod options on ebay and wanted to share it here ,
pretty decent prices and the seller Mark (ebay username mwcamp77) answered a question i had within a matter of minutes

I've been seeing these for months now on eBay.
They look nicely crafted…good to know you get an immediate response from the seller.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #34,878 of 65,581
So my GH2 came in...

And for those of you who prefer the light wood....I don't think so. Cocobolo and Rosewood remain supreme. Checkmate. :wink:

Two more photos, including one that has a knife and a handgun (with cocobolo and rosewood) in them (didn't want to offend anyone), along with full resolution pictures, can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/P37Qz

Funny thing is, although I obviously enjoy rosewoods and cocobolo, that wasn't the deciding factor. At least not consciously.  I'd been looking for new headphones for use in my office and kept coming back to how much I liked my Alessandro's. On my big head they are comfy, and I enjoyed the sound. So decided to get a Grado and had a hard time picking in the $600-$1100 range. Took a chance on the GH2, mostly because they were the latest. The cocobolo was just a bonus.

Only a half an hour of listening so far and I really enjoy the GH2. I was expecting a bigger soundstage and other nuances, but two surprises were the sibilance being less (compared to the Alessandro) is quite obvious. And I also had to adjust the volume up a bit. They both have an Impedance of 32, so not sure what is going on. Other than my ancient headphone amp is anemic (which I already knew, that'll be the next change soon).

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #34,879 of 65,581
  So my GH2 came in...

And for those of you who prefer the light wood....I don't think so. Cocobolo and Rosewood remain supreme. Checkmate. :wink:

That was good, I expected to see both models.

Congratulations on the GH2.
Again, it's amazing how gorgeous  those cups are, and look nothing like the stock Grado image.
That gun is gorgeous as well! Are you open to any amp trades for the gun? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #34,882 of 65,581
How does gh1, gh2 compare with gs2000e? I notice in this thread there are many people talking about gh1 and gh2, but only few/none talks about gs2000e, I have rs1i and ps500 already , no more grado on-ear headphone for me, so I am interested in gs2000e.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #34,883 of 65,581
I definitely want to hear (ha) comparisons between the sound of the GH1 and GH2. Of course they use the same driver, but it'll be interesting to know how much they've been tweaked to accommodate their latest wood housing.

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #34,884 of 65,581
How does gh1, gh2 compare with gs2000e? I notice in this thread there are many people talking about gh1 and gh2, but only few/none talks about gs2000e, I have rs1i and ps500 already , no more grado on-ear headphone for me, so I am interested in gs2000e.

(HERE) is the GS2000e thread.
Maybe you'll get a better idea of what you're interested in reading?

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #34,885 of 65,581
  So my GH2 came in...

Two more photos, including one that has a knife and a handgun (with cocobolo and rosewood) in them (didn't want to offend anyone), along with full resolution pictures, can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/P37Qz

Funny thing is, although I obviously enjoy rosewoods and cocobolo, that wasn't the deciding factor. At least not consciously.  I'd been looking for new headphones for use in my office and kept coming back to how much I liked my Alessandro's. On my big head they are comfy, and I enjoyed the sound. So decided to get a Grado and had a hard time picking in the $600-$1100 range. Took a chance on the GH2, mostly because they were the latest. The cocobolo was just a bonus.

Only a half an hour of listening so far and I really enjoy the GH2. I was expecting a bigger soundstage and other nuances, but two surprises were the sibilance being less (compared to the Alessandro) is quite obvious. And I also had to adjust the volume up a bit. They both have an Impedance of 32, so not sure what is going on. Other than my ancient headphone amp is anemic (which I already knew, that'll be the next change soon).

the timber is lovely. still prefer the shape of the gh1 ear cup tho. it's the little things. :wink:

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #34,887 of 65,581

Awesome looking Grado upgrades. Appreciate you sharing this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back