Grado Fan Club!
Jun 22, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #32,386 of 66,261
  http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Go for the GH1 or the RS2e instead. If you can find the previous generation MS Pro, go for it. Don't bother with the MS Pro e.

would you mind to give me some reason why i have to avoid MSPro e?
is there any big difference between MSpro i and MSPro e?

And for your recomendation to take GH1 or RS2e, is this okay if i upragde from Alessandro class to Grado class?
i'm afraid if there will be different soundsignature

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #32,387 of 66,261

And for your recomendation to take GH1 or RS2e, is this okay if i upragde from Alessandro class to Grado class?

Can't go wrong with the GH1…and from everyones impressions the RS2e as well.

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #32,388 of 66,261

The Alessandro are still Grados themselves. You could say that a blindfolded person can still tell that they follow the same signature. Of course the MS2e does not sound exactly like the 325e, but if there are such thing as "headphone twins", then the MS2e and the 325e are definitely such. Same goes for the RS1 and the MS Pro. The MS1 doesn't quite have a twin, but you could say that it's between the SR80 and the SR125.

Upon its upgrade to the e-series, the MS Pro has fall into the same pitfalls as it "twin" the RS1e. Grado took away too much trebles and hi-mids energy, resulting in a very "duddy" sound. I do believe that someone has post their impression of the MS Pro e, and it's not positive.

That said, a lot of Grado fans have reported that Grado has changed the RS1e series to improve the sound. However, no one seems to imply that the NEW RS1e is in the same league as the RS1i or the buttoned RS1. By extension, that includes the MS Pro as well. I owned both the MS Pro (i-series drivers) and the RS1i, and the MS Pro i could be considered the more linear, more neutral version of the RS1i. Depending on your taste the RS1i OR the MS Pro i could be better, but not by a huge margin.

It's not like they have different sound signature or belong to different "classes". I can say that the similarity between the MS Pro i and the RS2e is not as much as between the RS2e and the PS500e. IMO, all Alessandro follows the "Grado house sound" that is prevalent on the Prestige and Reference series, NOT SO MUCH on the GS, PS and GH lines. 

Now as to why I recommend the GH1, you said:
For your consider, i need some improvements in depth, looking for more dynamics, need more smooth and sweet vocals, and also need better layering than my MS2e

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #32,390 of 66,261
  The Alessandro are still Grados themselves. You could say that a blindfolded person can still tell that they follow the same signature. Of course the MS2e does not sound exactly like the 325e, but if there are such thing as "headphone twins", then the MS2e and the 325e are definitely such. Same goes for the RS1 and the MS Pro. The MS1 doesn't quite have a twin, but you could say that it's between the SR80 and the SR125.

Upon its upgrade to the e-series, the MS Pro has fall into the same pitfalls as it "twin" the RS1e. Grado took away too much trebles and hi-mids energy, resulting in a very "duddy" sound. I do believe that someone has post their impression of the MS Pro e, and it's not positive.

That said, a lot of Grado fans have reported that Grado has changed the RS1e series to improve the sound. However, no one seems to imply that the NEW RS1e is in the same league as the RS1i or the buttoned RS1. By extension, that includes the MS Pro as well. I owned both the MS Pro (i-series drivers) and the RS1i, and the MS Pro i could be considered the more linear, more neutral version of the RS1i. Depending on your taste the RS1i OR the MS Pro i could be better, but not by a huge margin.

It's not like they have different sound signature or belong to different "classes". I can say that the similarity between the MS Pro i and the RS2e is not as much as between the RS2e and the PS500e. IMO, all Alessandro follows the "Grado house sound" that is prevalent on the Prestige and Reference series, NOT SO MUCH on the GS, PS and GH lines. 

Now as to why I recommend the GH1, you said:
For your consider, i need some improvements in depth, looking for more dynamics, need more smooth and sweet vocals, and also need better layering than my MS2e

Wooww, thanks a lot william
i'm very apreciate for your recomendation 

So talk about GH1, Does GH1 still have nice details and high like the others grado?
And for PS500 maybe i'll try to do some audition at audio store near my house.
Because i get some information that they still have PS500's demo unit, but don't have GH1's demo unit :frowning2:

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #32,391 of 66,261
Actually I have not heard the GH1 either, but many people say it's similar to the PS500e/PS500. The PS500e and the RS2e should be available to any Grado dealership. If it were me I'd go for the PS500e (or the GH1, if possible). When I had the PS500 it complemented my 325e (and later, my RS1i) really well.

Jun 22, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #32,392 of 66,261
  I will not delve into how they're constructed but the stock makes the sound more involving like @Audio Addict  said while the EZ result in more bass but drier mids and drier trebles. The effect is quite similar to when you mod-tape the L cushs. So after all it depends on your taste but don't expect the sound to remain the same.

Thanks for the reply, so just to make sure I'm understanding your statement:  Original Grado "L" cush are similar in sound to EZ "L" with the tape mod.  Does this apply to the "G" cush as well?

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #32,393 of 66,261
  Thanks for the reply, so just to make sure I'm understanding your statement:  Original Grado "L" cush are similar in sound to EZ "L" with the tape mod.  Does this apply to the "G" cush as well?

No it's the other way around: EZ "L" are similar to original Grado L with tape mods. If you tape-mod the EZ L, the effect is doubled and the sound will be too muffled, at least for my liking.

Same thing goes for the relationship betweens EZ Gs and Grado Gs. The reason I have to put the Ls into this discussion is because as far as I know, no one tapes mod their Gs.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #32,394 of 66,261
  No it's the other way around: EZ "L" are similar to original Grado L with tape mods. If you tape-mod the EZ L, the effect is doubled and the sound will be too muffled, at least for my liking.

Same thing goes for the relationship betweens EZ Gs and Grado Gs. The reason I have to put the Ls into this discussion is because as far as I know, no one tapes mod their Gs.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.  I guess I'll just have to get some original G pads and compare them to the EZ G pads to see how much of a difference there is between them.

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #32,395 of 66,261
Quick question: If I really loved the SR60i and SR80i but wasn't a huge fan of the GS1000e, then what is "the best" upgrade I could get in that regard?

Right now from research I have narrowed down to RS2e or SR325e. Is that about right?

I have owned some of the best headphones in the world, but I literally have only experienced the sensation of actually saying "Wow" out loud from about 2 headphones. One cost $1600 and the other was my less than $100 SR60i. I wasn't nearly impressed with the GS1000e and am chasing after that superb sound I heard from the 60i.

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #32,396 of 66,261
Quick question: If I really loved the SR60i and SR80i but wasn't a huge fan of the GS1000e, then what is "the best" upgrade I could get in that regard?

Right now from research I have narrowed down to RS2e or SR325e. Is that about right?

I have owned some of the best headphones in the world, but I literally have only experienced the sensation of actually saying "Wow" out loud from about 2 headphones. One cost $1600 and the other was my less than $100 SR60i. I wasn't nearly impressed with the GS1000e and am chasing after that superb sound I heard from the 60i.

I agree that the GS1000emis not a "Wow!" Headphone.

My Grado "Wows!" come from:

• GS1000i (in my view the Wowiest of the Grados, and SO much better than the GS1000e)
  • RS2e (wonderful Wow per Dollar and second in my mind only to the GS1000i)
  • GH1 with G Cush (really a home run headphone when used with the larger over ear G cush instead of what it comes with)
  • SR325i (the gold ones, if you know that you like the brightest of the Grados, and inexpensive)
  • . PS1000 (just because... Overall really good)
I suspect that the GS2000e is also a WOW headphone, though I have not heard it yet.

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #32,397 of 66,261

1. GS1000i (in my view the Wowiest of the Grados, and SO much better than the GS1000e)
  2. RS2e (wonderful Wow per Dollar and second in my mind only to the GS1000i)
  3. GH1 with G Cush (really a home run headphone when used with the larger over ear G cush instead of what it comes with)
  4. SR325i (the gold ones, if you know that you like the brightest of the Grados, and inexpensive)
  5. . PS1000 (just because... Overall really good)
I suspect that the GS2000e is also a WOW headphone, though I have not heard it yet.

Awesome thank you for the help. I am thinking of getting the RS2e with balanced cables from Moon Audio. I am sure I will be really pleased with them and I never liked the Grado cables anyway so thats another bonus.

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #32,398 of 66,261

1. GS1000i (in my view the Wowiest of the Grados, and SO much better than the GS1000e)
  2. RS2e (wonderful Wow per Dollar and second in my mind only to the GS1000i)
  3. GH1 with G Cush (really a home run headphone when used with the larger over ear G cush instead of what it comes with)
  4. SR325i (the gold ones, if you know that you like the brightest of the Grados, and inexpensive)
  5. . PS1000 (just because... Overall really good)

The first time I listened my 125e and RS1i I had a WOW WOW WOW  sound experience.  
beyersmile.png

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #32,399 of 66,261
The first time I listened my 125e and RS1i I had a WOW WOW WOW  sound experience.  :beyersmile:

I agree, on both of those. Was just being WOWed by my SR125e this morning!

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #32,400 of 66,261
The first time I listened my 125e and RS1i I had a WOW WOW WOW  sound experience.  :beyersmile:

I agree, on both of those. Was just being WOWed by my SR125e this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back