Grado Fan Club!
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #31,501 of 66,183

Last night I bought the HPA-1, and HPA-2 matching DAC in my local adds., Lucky me, the guy was also including the also rare 3' interconnect with his Grado DAC-2. I got both for a reasonable $350. 
L3000.gif

You'll never guess what happened next....the alarm went off, and I woke up realising that it was all a dream!
frown.gif

April fools John!
tongue.gif

hahaha. i was so jealous for a moment.

i see that the "rare" interconnect is still available online? http://www.radiowinkel.com/a-14982591/grado-accessoires/grado-signature-interconnect/

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #31,503 of 66,183

hahaha. i was so jealous for a moment.

i see that the "rare" interconnect is still available online? http://www.radiowinkel.com/a-14982591/grado-accessoires/grado-signature-interconnect/

It's all in good fun, I was targetting John, but he didn't reply, so either he hasn't read my post yet, or, he did read it, but he's too piss off at me, to comment without betting slapped on the wrist by the mods! I hope it's the former, what can I say, I love that guy!
biggrin.gif

Yes it is! I recently got mine (2m) from that store.

Are they good quality cables?, would you say that they're worth the asking price?

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #31,505 of 66,183
Are they good quality cables?, would you say that they're worth the asking price?

Yes its a nice quality cable to me, i'm not a cable expert but I bought it more to complete my Joseph Grado Signature system (cable ,HPA-2, HP-2)!
nice! When you get a chance, please posts some pictures. I'm sure nobody around here would mine. :wink:

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #31,506 of 66,183
  It's all in good fun, I was targetting John, but he didn't reply, so either he hasn't read my post yet, or, he did read it, but he's too piss off at me, to comment without betting slapped on the wrist by the mods! I hope it's the former, what can I say, I love that guy!
biggrin.gif

I saw it, salivated over it, then crashed and burned... just didn't have a chance to respond.  Thanks!

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #31,507 of 66,183
  Yes its a nice quality cable to me, i'm not a cable expert but I bought it more to complete my Joseph Grado Signature system (cable ,HPA-2, HP-2)!

That's good to know, thanks.

So you're one of the Lucky few that owns both the HP-2 and HPA-2.
L3000.gif

If I decide buy the interconnect, I'm going to use it to link my HP-2 and HPA-2 too.

For power, do you use a PS-1, or batteries? 

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #31,508 of 66,183
nice! When you get a chance, please posts some pictures. I'm sure nobody around here would mine.
wink.gif

I wonder if Joseph was as torough in the making of his RCA cable, as he was with his headphones and amps.

I saw it, salivated over it, then crashed and burned... just didn't have a chance to respond.  Thanks!

I'm relieved, I was wondering if I had went too far by toying with your emotions like that.
beerchug.gif

By the way John, what do think about Grado's RCA cables?

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #31,509 of 66,183

That's good to know, thanks.

So you're one of the Lucky few that owns both the HP-2 and HPA-2.
L3000.gif

If I decide buy the interconnect, I'm going to use it to link my HP-2 and HPA-2 too.

For power, do you use a PS-1, or batteries? 

Thanks! Actually I was abit more Lucky cause I built my system in less than month!
While I was making a deal for my HP-2, I became a deal for the HPA-2! When both arrived I realize that "something" is missing. A week later the cable arrived!
I'll post some pics tomorrow !

I use Batteries, I like it more in this way. I don't have a P/S-1 but I can build one!

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #31,511 of 66,183
A very nice semi vintage Grado arrived today, and in wonderful condition, from gorgeous cups, great rod blocks , and a kink free cable.

Photo bombs coming  
biggrin.gif

Kudos to the seller for taking great care of these cans.....kugino, if your are here....thanks for these, sir.

@jaywillin.....my first album is going to play in about 5 minutes, and it will be Warren Hayes & Railroard Earth - Ashes & Dust

Then I have a huge playlist and six pack of porter.....going to be a great night.

Thanks to everybody in this thread, who was keeping their eye out for me in getting these.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #31,512 of 66,183
I'm having one of those moments where you ignore all the other headphones and just reach for the SR60i. Doesn't make any sense, but it is very satisfying.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #31,513 of 66,183
  A very nice semi vintage Grado arrived today, and in wonderful condition, from gorgeous cups, great rod blocks , and a kink free cable.

Photo bombs coming  
biggrin.gif

Kudos to the seller for taking great care of these cans.....kugino, if your are here....thanks for these, sir.

@jaywillin.....my first album is going to play in about 5 minutes, and it will be Warren Hayes & Railroard Earth - Ashes & Dust

Then I have a huge playlist and six pack of porter.....going to be a great night.

Thanks to everybody in this thread, who was keeping their eye out for me in getting these.

Congrats, they look sweet! Love that last photo with the tubes.
cool.gif

I recommend looking at Mercuttio's "Classifying versions of the RS1" thread. Yours look a lot like mine, Vintage B. What color are those drivers?
popcorn.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #31,514 of 66,183

Photo bombs coming  
biggrin.gif

congrats !!
AND DO NOT LET THEM GO !! unless you offer them to me first !!  
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #31,515 of 66,183
I thought they were just Grado classics, some use to call the classics, semi - vintage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back