Grado Fan Club!
Jan 26, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #30,407 of 65,571
  Thats real strange?
You can put any Grado cushion on any SR/RS/GS/PS/HP model.

Grado customer service people tend to say that anything outside of a pure stock configuration isn't possible when they're asked.  A friend of mine asked if they could get a black headband if they had any left (he offered to pay for it) on a RS2e and they literally told him the older black headbands would "no longer work with the new, improved e design."

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #30,408 of 65,571
  Grado customer service people tend to say that anything outside of a pure stock configuration isn't possible when they're asked.  A friend of mine asked if they could get a black headband if they had any left (he offered to pay for it) on a RS2e and they literally told him the older black headbands would "no longer work with the new, improved e design."

Come to think of it, they told me that the RS1i gimbals wouldn't fit the GH-1.

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #30,411 of 65,571
  Just a word to the wise for any of you Gradophiles who also love bass: get a set of GH-1's before they're gone. I've spent a considerable amount of time comparing them to other Grados such as the RS1/2. Compared to the GH1, the RS1 basically has no bass. If you care at all about this, it really makes a big difference. The RS1e to my ears doesn't hold a candle to the GH1, same with the RS2e. They are both 'good' but not as good as the GH1, not even close. Grados in general aren't known for bass but the GH1 is better than you would expect, especially after 50-ish hours of burn-in. It's a limited edition headphone that most people will never be able to hear, and some people might be skeptical about but for anyone crazy enough to be reading this thread, hopefully you already own a pair or will soon. Don't miss out on this set of cans. You'll regret it if you do.

I'm happy for you. The GH-1 is certainly a success story for Grado.

I don't get that impression I looking at them. What makes you think it was changed? Thanks.

I have a bad memory, so I can't remember where I saw the pictrue, but if I remember correctly, there are two cables all the way to the 1/4'' plug.

Thats real strange?
You can put any Grado cushion on any SR/RS/GS/PS/HP model.

I think so too.
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #30,412 of 65,571

Don't get me started on Grado's cutomer service. Some of them seem to have no clue what they're talking about.
rolleyes.gif

How hard would it be to say, ''yes you can do such and such, but we don't recomend it.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #30,413 of 65,571
I haven't gotten really excited about a new pair of cans in a while (and I've recently had the Ether, LCD3, GS1000 (again), and VE Zen 2.0), but let me tell you gentlemen... these GH1's are pretty dang fine!

They really are a great cross between the PS500 and RS1. G cush pads open up the stage and improve bass response. So basically, I've got GS series bass, RS series mids, and PS series treble. They really are bringing smiles to my face with my Geek Out and a little Hiromi. 

Very glad I was able to snag a pair!

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #30,414 of 65,571

They really are a great cross between the PS500 and RS1. G cush pads open up the stage and improve bass response. So basically, I've got GS series bass, RS series mids, and PS series treble. They really are bringing smiles to my face with my Geek Out and a little Hiromi. 

I feel the same. I've been blown away by them for the last couple weeks. Enjoyed them when I first heard them and they've only grown on me more over time. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #30,415 of 65,571

I can only wonder what the response would have been if
your friend had simply asked, "any particular reason why?"
or similar.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #30,416 of 65,571
Hi all!

I finally got the PS500e and I must say that I am pretty happy with the purchase. However, I am currently noticing a rattle whenever im listening to low base and notice that there was some sort of fiber / thread (Dont think its hair as it seems a tiny bit thicker) trap right behind the mesh in the center hole. Blowing doesnt seem to help. Any ideas on what I can do?

I am also currently thinking of purchasing a DAC first as it seems more important than a amp. Any recommendations for a DAC that would fit the PS500e? My budget is around $200-300 USD.

Thank you! :)

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #30,417 of 65,571
  Hi all!

I finally got the PS500e and I must say that I am pretty happy with the purchase. However, I am currently noticing a rattle whenever im listening to low base and notice that there was some sort of fiber / thread (Dont think its hair as it seems a tiny bit thicker) trap right behind the mesh in the center hole. Blowing doesnt seem to help. Any ideas on what I can do?

I am also currently thinking of purchasing a DAC first as it seems more important than a amp. Any recommendations for a DAC that would fit the PS500e? My budget is around $200-300 USD.

The infamous Grado "Grattle" - fixes include gently blowing in front of or behind the driver, waiting for it to come out on its own, or using a piece of scotch tape to dab at the mesh until the fiber sticks. Good luck!

Solid DACs in your price range include any of the offerings from Schiit, HRT Streamer series, or any of the CEntrace DACport entries. Favorites of mine are the DACport LX and Schiit Bifrost.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #30,418 of 65,571
received the GS1000. they are the "i" version with thicker cable and round rods. the pads are a little worse for wear and one is actually a little thicker than the other causing one side to sound louder. if anyone has some G cushions they don't want/need; let me know. they are stupid expensive here.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #30,419 of 65,571
I haven't gotten really excited about a new pair of cans in a while (and I've recently had the Ether, LCD3, GS1000 (again), and VE Zen 2.0), but let me tell you gentlemen... these GH1's are pretty dang fine!

That's how I describe the sound of the Magnum v6, I do plan on some g cushions in the near future, and see how that sounds

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #30,420 of 65,571

I can only wonder what the response would have been if
your friend had simply asked, "any particular reason why?"
or similar.

I once asked Grado why there was a letter B in front of the serial number, on my RA1 amp.

They basically told me that it was just because they felt like it.
rolleyes.gif

It was Joseph, who figured it out. Like he said, the B, is probably because it's a battery powered amp.

Hi all!

Before each use, I raise the headphones above my head, and blow both, outside, and inside the earcups, making sure that it's facing down, as I'm blowing on it.

received the GS1000. they are the "i" version with thicker cable and round rods. the pads are a little worse for wear and one is actually a little thicker than the other causing one side to sound louder. if anyone has some G cushions they don't want/need; let me know. they are stupid expensive here.

I knew it, the cable was just too thick, to be first gen, GS1000.I have a hard time understanding how you can buy a $1000 pair of headphones, and not know what you've bought.
rolleyes.gif

Good for you, I prefer the i version of the GS1k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back