Grado Fan Club!
Dec 23, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #29,536 of 65,624
Just to be clear John, did you have the stock L-cush on your GH-1, when you compared them to the GS1000e?

I agree, not all battery powered headphone amps are meant to be portable. I'm pretty sure that quietness was the main reason why Joseph Grado chose to include battery power, for his HPA-1 and 2, wasn't portability. 

Like you, I use my RA1 in house too. My BSG C-Moy mint tin, is the amp I use for portability.

For some reason, I'm sure you'll be proud of me, if I tell you that I use it with my RA1 with my RS1, and my HPA-2 with my HP-2. :wink:  

For my comparison, I had the G Cush pads on the GH-1.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #29,537 of 65,624
I would think your set up would be fine.

I would have thought so too initially, could be that I just need to listen to my setup using PS1000e to really judge the value. I also tried the LCD-2 for the first time yesterday, they ar niiiiiiice, and super comfy... that price-tag though *tear*

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #29,538 of 65,624
I would have thought so too initially, could be that I just need to listen to my setup using PS1000e to really judge the value. I also tried the LCD-2 for the first time yesterday, they ar niiiiiiice, and super comfy... that price-tag though *tear*

I tried the LCD-X (at home) and didn't care for the Audeze sound-signature.
I'm sticking with Grado! 
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #29,539 of 65,624
  I tried the LCD-X (at home) and didn't care for the Audeze sound-signature.
I'm sticking with Grado! 
smile.gif

I am certainly not ditching Grado! I am staying with that awesome sound, but the Audeze were really nice for smooth jazz, kind of like the RS1i but with a larger soundstage... but still... that price-tag though *another tear*

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #29,540 of 65,624
  I am certainly not ditching Grado! I am staying with that awesome sound, but the Audeze were really nice for smooth jazz, kind of like the RS1i but with a larger soundstage... but still... that price-tag though *another tear*

Thats funny, I listen to Smooth Jazz 80% of the time with my RS1i and love the combo.
I don't know if you followed the thread before coming back, butI had both the Stax-007MKll/009 and a (KGSSHV temporary) because had placed an order for the BHSE. In short, the Stax hurt my ears and I'm done exploring (for now 
biggrin.gif
)…Grado's are it for me. 
smile.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #29,541 of 65,624
Newbie here. I spotted your reference to SR100s. I bought a pair with red lettering when they first came out (early 90s?) and love them. However, I now only listen to them every few months. I'm ready to let them go to someone who would appreciate them and who would pay fair value. They are in very good condition. All lettering on earpieces and cable is clear. Headband has very minimal wear. Pads are crumbling. Still sound great. I have no clue what they are worth, nor how to go about selling them. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. Any extra scripts?

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #29,542 of 65,624
  Newbie here. I spotted your reference to SR100s. I bought a pair with red lettering when they first came out (early 90s?) and love them. However, I now only listen to them every few months. I'm ready to let them go to someone who would appreciate them and who would pay fair value. They are in very good condition. All lettering on earpieces and cable is clear. Headband has very minimal wear. Pads are crumbling. Still sound great. I have no clue what they are worth, nor how to go about selling them. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. Any extra scripts?

For pricing, I would look at the For Sale section of the forum to see what other people are selling them for, if none there, you could also check on www.canuckaudiomart.com

Concerning the pads, since they are crumbling, I would suggest looking into replacing them prior to sale, since that could be a major turn-off for some/most people.

Anyone else can help @wlee3 out with his question(s)? :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #29,543 of 65,624
Meanwhile, through my PS500's 
atsmile.gif

I found a Bravo V1 tube amp for sale in Toronto for 40$ (+10$ ship to Waterloo), anyone have any experience with that device?

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #29,544 of 65,624
Thanks. I searched the for sale forum, canuck audio mart, us audio mart, audio mart, and google before posting. Nothing recent. As for the pads, I understand some people prefer non-stock, so I am a bit hesitant. Interestingly, the Grado website's search box doesn't recognize SR100s. They are available from other sources, so I certainly can/will buy pads if that is an issue..

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #29,545 of 65,624
  Thanks. I searched the for sale forum, canuck audio mart, us audio mart, audio mart, and google before posting. Nothing recent. As for the pads, I understand some people prefer non-stock, so I am a bit hesitant. Interestingly, the Grado website's search box doesn't recognize SR100s. They are available from other sources, so I certainly can/will buy pads if that is an issue..

I believe the SR-100 came "stock" with these pads (HERE) from TTVJ. 
They are called Flat Pads. I don't know your location, PM me if your interested in purchasing them I recently purchased a pair ($35.00) from TTVJ and they were used for about 6hrs and I'm not going to use them because I prefer the Grado (L) cushions.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #29,548 of 65,624
  Who know what pads originally came with the SR-100/200/300…I believe it came with the Flat Pads, no?

That's my guess too.
beerchug.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #29,549 of 65,624
I haven't seen any SR100 for sale for some time. From what I've seen, older Sr series Grado with Black Star drivers usually go for anywhere in between $450ish at their lowest and a bit over $700 at their very highest. I have seen an Sr 325 and an sr200 both with Black Star drivers go for $200 range buy both instances the sellers did not know they could've at least gotten twice that amount for them.
Hope this helps.

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #29,550 of 65,624
PS1000 on my head. Queens of the Stone Age, Rated R. 5 beers into the night. 2:23am. Gotta let some beer back out. Standing before the porceline throne, peering down, pondering, "What would I do if these half kilogram cans fall in?"

No more pissing with my PS1k on my noggin. Would hate to see 'em bobbin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back