Grado Fan Club!
Sep 17, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #28,052 of 65,634
^heh, I'll be lookin' at other things too after the eyes...
cool.gif
wink.gif

So will I, I'm a leg man.
wink.gif

How harsh is the 325e?

I got the Pioneeer HRM-7's, and they were really harsh for me, and I just cannot have that.

I hear the 325's are very bright, but that the 325e's were less bright, but I'm very sensitive to too much so....

thanks.

How harsh are the 325e = wrong way to ask, because it speaks negatively of the 325e.
How bright are the 325e = right way to ask, because it speaks acurately of the 325e.

You went from referring to the 325e as harsh, to bright, so there's still hope for you!
tongue.gif

I haven't heard them, but with the RS2e, the SR325e, seem to be the two most appreciated models of the e serie.

Got home tonight and to my surprise my PS1K were back from Grado! 
smile_phones.gif

I'm happy for you. Did they break yours, like they did John's, or did they simply repair them?
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #28,053 of 65,634
Thanks for the tip of on Massdrop, unfortunately shipping to europe is expensive, adding inn customs, I am back at retail price.

Right now I am fighting upgradeitis. I wonder how much heavier an RS1 or a SR225 is compared to the 60. Also which of them is closest in sound signature.

I have read that uprading grados is like adding tweeter volume, untill you hit the woodies, is this correct?

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #28,055 of 65,634
Thanks for the tip of on Massdrop, unfortunately shipping to europe is expensive, adding inn customs, I am back at retail price.

Right now I am fighting upgradeitis. I wonder how much heavier an RS1 or a SR225 is compared to the 60. Also which of them is closest in sound signature.

I have read that uprading grados is like adding tweeter volume, untill you hit the woodies, is this correct?

225 is a solid upgrade, especially with tape mod on the L Cush pads. Otherwise the RS1i or RS2e would be the next step!

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #28,056 of 65,634
who doesn't like getting a little funky ??

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #28,058 of 65,634
Folks,

In a very few weeks, I shall be making the 17th annual trip to the little cabin in the woods on the lake in northern Michigan, where I will stay for two weeks.  My wife and I began this in 1999;  since she passed away 12 weeks ago yesterday, this will the the first I will make on my own.

I typically take one pair of headphones with me, plus a pair of IEMs.  What shall it be?

I generally need a pair that I can listen to in a formal sit-down listening session AND can also wear while doing minor chores, like cooking on the grill and vacuuming the floor.  I use this as a way to become more familiar with a recent pair that I don't know well yet.

Last year, it was my newly-acquired RS1 classic (with buttons), as well as my Shure SE535 IEMs.

This year, the IEMs will be the AKG K3003i (only TOTL ones I have now... I DO get rid of headphones, and did so with my Shures).

But what shall my headphone be?

I think it will likely be either the Bushmillls X, the SR325e (which is great but has not gotten a lot of listening time so far since I bought it from @jaywillin ), or the new SR80e I have on order but has not yet arrived (should have it by then though).

Thoughts?

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #28,059 of 65,634
@kayandjohn, my vote goes for either the Bushmills or the Gh-1. Bushmills because I remember you saying there was a connection with your late wife, or the Gh-1 because that's how I use them, as an everyday headphone. Light, comfortable yet great higher end sound.

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #28,060 of 65,634

In a very few weeks, I shall be making the 17th annual trip to the little cabin in the woods on the lake in northern Michigan, where I will stay for two weeks.  My wife and I began this in 1999;  since she passed away 12 weeks ago yesterday, this will the the first I will make on my own.

John, it looks like someone stole the cabin!  
eek.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #28,062 of 65,634
  Folks,

I typically take one pair of headphones with me, plus a pair of IEMs.  What shall it be?

I generally need a pair that I can listen to in a formal sit-down listening session AND can also wear while doing minor chores, like cooking on the grill and vacuuming the floor.  I use this as a way to become more familiar with a recent pair that I don't know well yet.

Last year, it was my newly-acquired RS1 classic (with buttons), as well as my Shure SE535 IEMs.

This year, the IEMs will be the AKG K3003i (only TOTL ones I have now... I DO get rid of headphones, and did so with my Shures).

But what shall my headphone be?

I think it will likely be either the Bushmillls X, the SR325e (which is great but has not gotten a lot of listening time so far since I bought it from @jaywillin ), or the new SR80e I have on order but has not yet arrived (should have it by then though).

Thoughts?

''cooking on the grill''
eek.gif
....with your classic RS1
eek.gif
. Maybe it's just me, but the only headphones that I would take to my cabin, and do chores with, like cooking on the grill, would be my IEM....that's if I had a cabin, or a grill....and if I knew how to cook, of course....or if I actually did chores....alright so I have a cleaning lady, does that make me a bad person!
redface.gif

Nice cabin you have there John, looks a lot like mine! 
tongue.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #28,063 of 65,634
Wow Joseph. We are here for you man will you any online connection up there?

@Trondareo

I too adore the sr60. It's a Special headphone for me. Until I acquired it I didn't know that you can hope for that kind of featherlight comfort combined with that kind of sound.

I still use my sr60 often I did upgrade as well to the sr225i and I do like it, but at times not as much as the sr60.

The 225i sou dare great though, imo the clarity and sound stage are improved upon from sr60.

It is the same weight as the sr60, I believe, it does feel that way. The pads are different, less comfortable than sr60, but, you can easily swap your sr60 pads onto the 225i no problem.

With the portable amp though the 225i sounds very good.

Unamped, before burn-in, to me it does sound a little bit thinner than the sr60. By then again my s60 has been burned in for a year.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #28,064 of 65,634
Wow Joseph. We are here for you man will you any online connection up there?

@Trondareo

I too adore the sr60. It's a Special headphone for me. Until I acquired it I didn't know that you can hope for that kind of featherlight comfort combined with that kind of sound.

I still use my sr60 often I did upgrade as well to the sr225i and I do like it, but at times not as much as the sr60.

The 225i sou dare great though, imo the clarity and sound stage are improved upon from sr60.

It is the same weight as the sr60, I believe, it does feel that way. The pads are different, less comfortable than sr60, but, you can easily swap your sr60 pads onto the 225i no problem.

With the portable amp though the 225i sounds very good.

Unamped, before burn-in, to me it does sound a little bit thinner than the sr60. By then again my s60 has been burned in for a year.

I'm  going  to say it  slowwwly  so  that  you  will  be  able  to  follow.  John  is the one  that  is  going  to  his  cabin,  not  Joseph.
tongue.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #28,065 of 65,634
We all know who is going to the cabin bro. Nevermind that. All I'm saying is that Joseph can contact us from the cabin if he has a way to get aboard the internet from there. Jeez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back