Grado Fan Club!
Sep 16, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #28,036 of 65,634
  How harsh is the 325e?

I got the Pioneeer HRM-7's, and they were really harsh for me, and I just cannot have that.

I hear the 325's are very bright, but that the 325e's were less bright, but I'm very sensitive to too much so....

thanks.

They should be fine for you. Just don't use them with a DAC/amp that's too bright, like the ODAC/O2 or Magni/Modi or anything from Creative... I think a cheap tube amp like the Little Dot I+ would be best for you.

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #28,037 of 65,634
  Got home tonight and to my surprise my PS1K were back from Grado! 
smile_phones.gif

A-ha-ha-hey. Congrats.
popcorn.gif

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #28,038 of 65,634
A-ha-ha-hey. Congrats.
size]

Thank you.
Funny thing is, they now have the micro-details/clarity they started lacking and sound great! I don't know what they did to them, but they sure sound burned-in, so I don't think they changed the drivers because when the PS1K are new, they need plenty of burn-in IMO/IME before sounding this good. And I also prefer the PS1K to the (e) series due to the fuller bodied sound due to their mid-bass.
I did prefer the (e) more for percussion instrument though, but at times they could sound sounded a little thin…just a little due to them having less mid-bass…otherwise I would say between the two its a matter of preference, so I'm very happy to have them back! 
smile.gif

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #28,039 of 65,634
fellow grado heads, my band just put out our 4th release. it is a 2 song EP as we continue to work on a full-length for next year. mixed using LCD-2 and then tested and approved with my 225i and RS1 Classic. :)

https://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com/album/a-handwritten-letter-from-the-moon-ep

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #28,040 of 65,634
  How harsh is the 325e?

I got the Pioneeer HRM-7's, and they were really harsh for me, and I just cannot have that.

I hear the 325's are very bright, but that the 325e's were less bright, but I'm very sensitive to too much so....

thanks.

I recall you said you want a headphone Also for watching japanese cartoon or something? I really don't think I'd watch JP cartoon with any Grados. You know there's too much shouting going on in japanese anime right?

That's goingto be harsh on your ears.

(Or maybe I misread your post, sorry).

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #28,045 of 65,634
Nonsense! You fit right in!
biggrin.gif

What?  Two Grados?? He only has ONE head!@

(pot calling kettle black... I have 19 .... Grados, that is!)

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #28,048 of 65,634
Pffft, I thought it was 21!

Actually it is a total of 19 Grado headphones in hand plus one more on the way, plus two Grado amps. Total 21 Grado components, soon to be 22.

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #28,049 of 65,634
BuuHuu I broke my Grados!

Yesterday the magnet fell out of my trusty sr60 that I have owned at least 7 years, 10? Yrs. Dont remember.
Although I have had other headphones, the Grados have never been permanently shelved, and have been used in all sorts of places from Norwegian winter on the train to office to bed, to gaming etc.

But I need some new Grados. I tried repairing it, but I could not get the magnet seated precicely so sound is now much lower in one speaker than the other.
What grado can be an upgrade in quality with the same sound , not much heavier, and not hellishly expensive?

Suggestions?

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #28,050 of 65,634
BuuHuu I broke my Grados!

Yesterday the magnet fell out of my trusty sr60 that I have owned at least 7 years, 10? Yrs. Dont remember.
Although I have had other headphones, they have never been permanently shelved, and have been used in all sorts of places from Norwegian winter on the train to office to bed, to gaming etc.

But I need some new Grados. I tried repairing it, but I could not get the magnet seated precicely so sound is now much lower in one speaker than the other.
What grado can be an upgrade in quality with the same sound , not much heavier, and not hellishly expensive?

Suggestions?

If you have about 25% more than the cost of a new pair of SR60e's, I would urge you to try the SR80e's.  In fact, they are only about 10% more than the SR60e in specials both on massdrop.com and buysonic.com, though you must act fast.  In US, new SR60e is $79, SR80e is $99, and the two specials are $81 and $85.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back