Grado Fan Club!
Jul 12, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #26,341 of 65,633
I wouldn't count on it Joeseph, come on, just a little listen, what harm can it do........

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

THE, best packaging, the embroided velour carrying bag is a nice touch, makes it easyer for me to understand why someone would be willing to pay close to a thousand for them. 

My Bushmills X carrying case was vinyl (as far as I remember) not velour…are you sure about this? 

John, I'm terribly sorry for your loss and my condolences too you and your family.
I don't feel right congratulating you on the Bushmills X at a time like this but...

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #26,342 of 65,633
  This purchase of the Grado Bushmills X is particularly special to me.  My wife (the "Kay" of kayandjohn), a scholar in Irish literature with emphasis on William Butler Yeats, spent 6 years at the Yeats Summer School, Sligo, Ireland, where she took courses from the likes of Seamus Heaney, who later won the Nobel Prize in literature.  She taught me the love of all things Irish (including Irish whiskey, such as Bushmills).  She later guided me through Ireland in her own special tour, even introducing me to the family she stayed with those six years at the Yeats Summer School.

My wife passed away on June 24, just 18 days ago.  She had begun to tolerate, if not appreciate, my headphone hobby in the last days of her long illness (I have several recent treasured photos of her wearing, unwillingly but with grace, my HD 800s, PS1000s, and GS1000s), and so the purchase of Irish-themed headphones of my favorite brand is really in her memory.  Her memorial service includes a reception at Ann Arbor's Irish pub, commemorating her infection of at least 2,000 students of all things Irish.

I cannot imagine a more fitting purchase.

cheers john, and cheers to kay 

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #26,343 of 65,633
My condolences on your loss.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #26,344 of 65,633
Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts of support.  I really do appreciate it, and I appreciate our banter here in this little family called "Grado Fan Club!"  We know each other well enough that we could recognize each others' posts without any name being shown -- the person who calls Grado to task for unadvertised switching of parts, the one who adds an extra "o" to his "to," the guy who keeps showing pastel-colored tables, the one who likes the HE1000 so much that he is forsaking all others, the one who posts an early-Saturday morning music selection video that is just made for Grados, and the list goes on**.

Yes, we have a supportive family here, the complete opposite, for example, of some other threads such as the HiFiMAN manufacturer-sponsored thread that publicized the beta testing of the HE1000 and engendered a lot of flame and name calling ("not a beta test;"  "Pedro," ...) by head-fi members.

Thanks, all.  This thread, as well as the ability of headphones to transport one into another world, have helped me immensely!

____
** If you think you know who each of these are, please write their name on a new pair of GH-1 headphones and send them to me, and I will tell you whether you are right!

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #26,345 of 65,633
John, I too am very sorry to hear about your loss. May your wife rest in peace and may your new kick-ass he-1000 and your collections of Grados accompanied you on the days that's come.
I don't know what else to say so I'll leave it at that.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #26,346 of 65,633
Hey, what can I say, I am into monogamy☺️

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #26,347 of 65,633

evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

My Bushmills X carrying case was vinyl (as far as I remember) not velour…are you sure about this? 

John, I'm terribly sorry for your loss and my condolences too you and your family.
I don't feel right congratulating you on the Bushmills X at a time like this but...

I'm sorry for your loss John, please accept my most sincere condolences.

You're right Joseph, I was actually thinking about another carrying bag that I have, thats made of velour.
redface.gif

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #26,349 of 65,633
Jul 12, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #26,350 of 65,633
  Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts of support.  I really do appreciate it, and I appreciate our banter here in this little family called "Grado Fan Club!"  We know each other well enough that we could recognize each others' posts without any name being shown -- the person who calls Grado to task for unadvertised switching of parts, the one who adds an extra "o" to his "to," the guy who keeps showing pastel-colored tables, the one who likes the HE1000 so much that he is forsaking all others, the one who posts an early-Saturday morning music selection video that is just made for Grados, and the list goes on**.

Yes, we have a supportive family here, the complete opposite, for example, of some other threads such as the HiFiMAN manufacturer-sponsored thread that publicized the beta testing of the HE1000 and engendered a lot of flame and name calling ("not a beta test;"  "Pedro," ...) by head-fi members.

Thanks, all.  This thread, as well as the ability of headphones to transport one into another world, have helped me immensely!

____
** If you think you know who each of these are, please write their name on a new pair of GH-1 headphones and send them to me, and I will tell you whether you are right!

What about me John?, I can't believe that you forgot about me, I didn't recognize among the references that you've made.

Ahhh!...who am I kidding, I know that you're referring to me, when you say, ''the person who calls Grado to task for unadvertised switching of parts''. It's just that I see myself as much more than that. I consider myself to be multi talented...a jack of all trade...a Swiss knife, a one man orchestra, if you will.

This is how I, see myself, ''the medicated car guy who tries to be entertaining with his so, so, humoristic posts''.
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #26,351 of 65,633

____

Your very welcome.
I can't send you a GH-1 with who's name on it  that I think it this (mine) so is it me? 
smile.gif

I'm sorry for your loss John, please accept my most sincere condolences.
You're right Joseph, I was actually thinking about another carrying bag that I have, thats made of velour.
size]

beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #26,354 of 65,633
John....you have my  condolences....you are here with friends....hope this helps....remember the good times.

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #26,355 of 65,633
wow so after that heated ebay bushmill grado auction i decided I'm sure HEADFI was already following it. sure enough i see this post. i was one of the bidders who went and then stopped and realized it was going a little to rich for my taste, would love to add this to my grado collection. however after seeing the final price and now reading who won it, im glad to see that it will go to a home that will enjoy it! condolences for the loss and congrats to the win! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back