Grado Fan Club!
Jun 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #25,561 of 65,636
Mmmmm.. Grado donut.... Mmmmmmm
Were they the ones of the classifieds here on head - fi?
Verdict how do they sound?

not from the classifieds

they sound amazing, just like any other joe grado headphone :) a little less bass than my black 325 with hp1k drivers but they are soo comfortable because theyre so light.

any headphone with hp1000 drivers to me is a treasure

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #25,562 of 65,636

You seem to be terribly unhappy with Grado's responses to your inquiries.  Is this correct?  I wonder why you would torture yourself with this unhappiness?  

The problem of communication with Grado doesn't seem to be solvable.  Their responses are inconsistent, it's apparently the way they are, depending on who the person responding is and what mood she or he happens to be in.  My sense of the Grado company is that it's a small enterprise and very busy.  I'm guessing they prefer not to hire a full-time person with people skills who's knowedgable about their products, amps/headphones/cartridges, to solely answer phone call and email questions all day long.

Perhaps another headphone manufacturer would be more available for questions and respond in a way you deem acceptable.

In my own humble and personal opinion, I'm under the impression that you are
deadhorse.gif
 , which is why I responded the way I did.  No offense intended.  

Whew!, I was worried there, for a second I thought I was in the Grado Fanboy thread...just kidding!.

Yesterday, I was merely responding to XLR8's post, but if you want to talk about it, I'll gladly oblige.

You are correct, I was unhappy but it wasn't because of Grado's responce, it was because they didn't give me any.

I don't agree with you, I think that their communication problem is very easily solvable. They simply need to have a heart to hearth with the person in question. Worst case senario, the person gets fired.Problem solved.

You may have missed the post where I said that my exchange with Grado's P.R person, did end on a positive note.

I took your advice, and I just sent an e-mail to Sennheiser, perhaps they'll know the answer to my question regarding my Grado RA1...fingers crossed!

Oh sorry!..silly me...you mean that I should sell my 7 pairs of Grado headphones, my 2 Grado amps, and my Grado cartridge, and start over with another manufacturer. Hmmm!, thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to sleep on that, if you don't mind.

Don't you just love my sense of humour?.

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #25,566 of 65,636
Let's be honest...this is Grado we are talking about.
They keep it short n sweet...not long n sour
:clap::thumbsup::sunglasses:✅

Short n sweet is fine with me, as long as they give me an intelligent answer.

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #25,567 of 65,636
Jun 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #25,568 of 65,636
My treasured short-and-sweet answer, in response to my query on how to best store and keep my Grado headphones, was "On your head!"  I liked that answer!

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #25,569 of 65,636
Random confession: I just came by to catch up on what the Grado crew has been up to and was reading through posts. At some point, I realized I have my AKG K7XX's on listening to music while in the Grado Fan Club thread. I immediately felt dirty and a little ashamed for my lack of loyalty. It somehow seems wrong to be using another company's headphones when I'm in this thread.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #25,570 of 65,636
Yep Grado emails are inconsistent. I have received one with "Dear" and "Best" and stuffs. The other just goes like "You can contact Alessandro at ..."

Anyway, @rovopio and perhaps other Grado fans in South East Asia (except for Vietnam): I have sent queries to other brands' (Audio Technica, Sennheiser etc.) in Singapore as well, and so far Sennheiser is the only one that has replied to my query. It happens to other types of products (clothing) as well. It seems to me that in Singapore, the branches/distributors don't pay much attention to user's email. It's rather easy to understand, too. In that country e-commerce is, surprisingly (to some) almost non-existent. It's because the country is really small and whenever people had to buy anything, the nearest shop is just at most half an hour away.

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #25,572 of 65,636
It will use a couple of damper diode tubes and that will serve as my rectifier.....power tubes can be 6AS7....6080.... if you use  the 5998 tubes as power tubes you can run them at a stronger current on the plates of the tube, by flipping a switch, this is because the 5998 can accept more than most 6AS7 tubes, so Glenn provides this as an option. Most amps just run these at same current as all 6AS7 tubes

The driver tube will be a 6/12/25 SN7....again a flip of a switch to the proper voltage for the proper tubes....he provides this option if wanted also....a 25SN7 tubes sounds just like a 6SN7 tube, you just have to run it at 25 volts, which most amps do not do....the tubes cost a fraction of the cost of 6SN7 tubes, because most people can not use them, they are cheap  :smile:

Then there are more tubes that I can even mention that you can use as drivers with a simple adapter.

I also got the upgrade that Glenn provides so that you can use 6336 tubes , again by the flip of a switch.. those are just for low impedence cans, like Grados....anything under 100 ohm impedence I believe

It truely is going to be my dream amp.

I have the HD800 , and for the most part, that is what the amp was built around.....I can't wait to try my Grado with it also....should be interesting.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the coolest amp ever, OK, midway meet is a must, when do you expect the amp from Glenn?

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #25,573 of 65,636
Random confession: I just came by to catch up on what the Grado crew has been up to and was reading through posts. At some point, I realized I have my AKG K7XX's on listening to music while in the Grado Fan Club thread. I immediately felt dirty and a little ashamed for my lack of loyalty. It somehow seems wrong to be using another company's headphones when I'm in this thread.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.
[/quote

4 Hail Marys and 3 Our Fathers for you Lad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back