Grado Fan Club!
Mar 29, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #24,001 of 65,637
Wow, a bunch of you guys have picked up the HD700s...very interesting. Thanks for the feedback, guys. I actually am really interested to use them with movies, as well...glad they perform well with that application. 

I definitley didn't pick them up to replace my Grados, though...just adding another flavor to the mix :)  

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #24,002 of 65,637
  Wow, a bunch of you guys have picked up the HD700s...very interesting. Thanks for the feedback, guys. I actually am really interested to use them with movies, as well...glad they perform well with that application. 

I definitley didn't pick them up to replace my Grados, though...just adding another flavor to the mix :)  

I can fully understand this, something different to mix it up....I rotate my cans all the time, though I do have my K812 and GS1ki as regulars for now.

Mar 29, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #24,003 of 65,637
i get a plan, make a sale, have a few dollars, then y'all start talking about something other than "the plan" (hd700) and i start having thoughts that deviate from "the plan"  grrrrrrrrr

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #24,004 of 65,637
  i get a plan, make a sale, have a few dollars, then y'all start talking about something other than "the plan" (hd700) and i start having thoughts that deviate from "the plan"  grrrrrrrrr

Ha ha.....in the words of Vince Lombardi  "The game plan is to stick to the game plan"     
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #24,005 of 65,637
  Ha ha.....in the words of Vince Lombardi  "The game plan is to stick to the game plan"     
tongue_smile.gif

other than an cheaper closed can, i have a couple of other ideas floating around,  
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #24,006 of 65,637

Yes, bought a pair last week and, so far, loving it. I've posted a number times in the 700 thread with my impressions. I don't think it sounds like a Grado (I have an RS2i), but that's just me.

Enjoy your new cans!

Funnily enough I own RS2i (love em) rock me to sleep every night, through a ifi Nano dac and ifi Nano amp with me iPad.
Just acquired HD800 and a Little Dot mkii  for my main listening, lounging with  feet up during the day ( retired u c, so lots to listen to)
Before the HD800 main phones were the HD600 ( which i still have and may keep)  So yes Sennheisers and Grado are kinda compatible. I do love tubes though so maybe thats lure of the Senns.

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #24,008 of 65,637
  I felt this way when I had the PS1K/HD-800's side by side…something just sounded artificial too me with the HD-800 compared to the PS1K's.

I found the HD 800 better at soundstage and strength of bass than either the Grado PS1000 or RS1i, but I found the Grados more transparent, which is a feature to which I have become addicted ("Never use a preposition to end a sentence with!")

Best of each 3-way comparison is Blue (3 points), 2nd best is Red (2), 3rd best is Yellow (1)

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #24,009 of 65,637

I'm only taking a small portion of the blame on this one...I had no idea so many people were going to chime in with HD700 love..I think we should all just blame Krutsch 
biggrin.gif

On a side not, I'm DEVASTATED...I've been working hard to re-do a small room in my apartment from an HT set-up that wasn't as comfortable as I'd hoped, to an arrangement that I already enjoy much better. My little Outlaw Audio M8 subwoofer - LOVE this little beast - has been sitting around for about 9 months with nothing to do...I went to fire it up and I think the amp is blown 
mad.gif
  I don't even have it connected to anything, but as soon as I plug it in there is this loud humming noise...I'm so bummed!! This is a sub that nobody seems to ever know about, yet I've had it for four years and been enjoying it immensely. A very sad day!! 

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #24,010 of 65,637

I'm only taking a small portion of the blame on this one...I had no idea so many people were going to chime in with HD700 love..I think we should all just blame Krutsch 
biggrin.gif

On a side not, I'm DEVASTATED...I've been working hard to re-do a small room in my apartment from an HT set-up that wasn't as comfortable as I'd hoped, to an arrangement that I already enjoy much better. My little Outlaw Audio M8 subwoofer - LOVE this little beast - has been sitting around for about 9 months with nothing to do...I went to fire it up and I think the amp is blown 
mad.gif
  I don't even have it connected to anything, but as soon as I plug it in there is this loud humming noise...I'm so bummed!! This is a sub that nobody seems to ever know about, yet I've had it for four years and been enjoying it immensely. A very sad day!! 

well, i must admit, the hd700 has had my interested since i heard it at the meet in nashville a while back 

too bad about the sub, time to spend even more $$

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #24,013 of 65,637
Got my dad listening to the PS1000 tonight. He is 71 and got me into hi fi and good music....He kind of scoffed at first at the headphones, but once he got started listening he couldn't stop. He even was tapping his foot and hands.  He was listening to Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus. I asked him what he thought and he said, sorry this sounds really good and put the headphones back on. Grado's just have that magic.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #24,014 of 65,637
  Got my dad listening to the PS1000 tonight. He is 71 and got me into hi fi and good music....He kind of scoffed at first at the headphones, but once he got started listening he couldn't stop. He even was tapping his foot and hands.  He was listening to Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus. I asked him what he thought and he said, sorry this sounds really good and put the headphones back on. Grado's just have that magic.
biggrin.gif

I can totallly relate to your Dad. I've been into home audio since I bought my first pair of "real" speakers in the early 90s. From then until 2011, I had absolutely zero interest in headphones and coulndt' understand why anyone would choose them over speakers. And like your Dad, it was a pair of Grados that enlightened me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back