Grado Fan Club!
Dec 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #20,581 of 65,607
Okay guys, I just posted this in a Metal thread.  Figure I might as well spread the love.  The bass through Sonos, into my Benchmark, into my Soloist is huge, even with my 225i's.  Which are still my favorite with this kind of stuff... Though the 400i's still blow my mind.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #20,585 of 65,607

Shoes at the Door ,

that explains the smell 

tony in michigan

blink.gif
  we might not smell good, but we have a good time ! 

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #20,586 of 65,607
Hello,
I've been looking for a metal BLACK wire mesh to swap for the stocked ones. Do you knwo where can it be bought one like the RS1's ?

Check over in the Grado mods thread. Tons of options and links to different kinds of mesh.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #20,588 of 65,607
I fell in love with Grado the first time I put the RS1 on my head. I had them for some time and than sold them.   and now I fell in love with them again After getting the SR80e. 
I think my next step is getting the SR325e. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #20,589 of 65,607
  Congratulations, great HP!
Well how do you like the 325is's with the M/M combo?
I use the same set-up for my desktop and think it sounds great, so I would think the PS-500e would sound fine, after all, Grados could never sound bad with anything IMO, only better with better gear. I had just as much pleasure with my Sony CDP-C701ES>80i's.

Thanks! To be honest, I just bought the Schiit stack last week, and it'll only get here Monday (hopefully). Maybe I should slow down on buying stuff... 
redface.gif

Also, I've noticed that the left side of the SR325is seems to be slightly louder. I can't tell if I'm imagining it, but I don't get the same problem with my Sony's or any other headphones. I'm running them straight out of my X3. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a crappy Radioshack 1/4 to 3/8" adapter, so that may be causing the problem. I'm really hoping the Schiit amp will be better. However, I can't get enough of the Grado sound. I've missed it.

Dec 6, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #20,591 of 65,607

Thanks! To be honest, I just bought the Schiit stack last week, and it'll only get here Monday (hopefully). Maybe I should slow down on buying stuff... 
redface.gif

Also, I've noticed that the left side of the SR325is seems to be slightly louder. I can't tell if I'm imagining it, but I don't get the same problem with my Sony's or any other headphones. I'm running them straight out of my X3. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a crappy Radioshack 1/4 to 3/8" adapter, so that may be causing the problem. I'm really hoping the Schiit amp will be better. However, I can't get enough of the Grado sound. I've missed it.

NEVER buy HP adapters from Radio Shack, they are complete garbage, and your wasting your money…for sure, and is most likely the reason for the unbalance.  
The M/M combo will be fine with the 325's, and I'm sure you will hear a very noticeable sound quality.
Keep us posted on your impressions. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #20,592 of 65,607
NEVER buy HP adapters from Radio Shack, they are complete garbage, and your wasting your money…for sure, and is most likely the reason for the unbalance.  
The M/M combo will be fine with the 325's, and I'm sure you will hear a very noticeable sound quality.
Keep us posted on your impressions. 

Really? Even the Auvio twin-RCA-to-stereo-mini cord? Auvio is their premium line, cost 3x the cost of the a radio Shack brand, and looks really spiffy, with woven cloth cord wrap, like an old fashioned iron. I am using one to connect my source to my Grado HPA-1 amp. I'm wondering if I need to find something better. Thanks.

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #20,593 of 65,607
  I knew I shouldn't have come back to this site. I was doing so well staying happy with my MDR-V6. Just got the SR325is a few days ago and now I'm looking at the PS500e. :frowning2:

Would the PS500e be any good with a Schiit Modi/Magni stack? Is it worth getting?

Congratulations, great HP!
Well how do you like the 325is's with the M/M combo?
I use the same set-up for my desktop and think it sounds great, so I would think the PS-500e would sound fine, after all, Grados could never sound bad with anything IMO, only better with better gear. I had just as much pleasure with my Sony CDP-C701ES>80i's.

i've just gotten my own little pile o' schiit(vali/modi/wyrd) its driving my beyerdynamic t1's, and thanks to joedoe, i'll have a pair of 325e's sometime this week ! i'm back in the grado family !!
i also have a woo wa3 coming in by next weekend, to take over amping duties for the t1.

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #20,594 of 65,607
  i didn't know him personally, i was 3 at the time of his death. 
otis was a kind, genuine , humble caring man, at that time in macon, and the south, relationships between whites and blacks weren't too good as you can imagine. otis and brothers phil, and alan walden( i was friends with phil's son philip and alan) weren't only business partners(actual partners) but very, very close friends , it was a relationship not very well thought of by both white and blacks. controversial to say the least. otis, being the man he was, handled everything with such grace and humility, as did the waldens, that it proved something to macon, and everyone else
what could be possible . macon's musical history is deep, macon is little richard's hometown, james brown lived there for a while, jimi hendrix ,while he was still a sideman, spent time in macon as  he had relatives there, and met johnny jenkins , who jimi emulated johnny's wild style, and flair and went on to become hendrix. after otis's death, duane allman, capricorn records southern rock exploded . otis's legacy is deep and wide

Thanks for the info. 
He really seems to have been a nice person...not only as an artist.

I do have the feeling that artists today are much 'faker' than the artists of yesteryear. Today show is as important as the music - or even more important...

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #20,595 of 65,607
Re-cabled the 60's this week!  Wellll actually same cable just put some clothes on em...
Homegrown Audio solid core copper 4 conductor braid now with paracord clothes.  I
couldn't resist adding the ViaBlue large mini plug this time around.  I am still a complete
novice at soldering and my tools are not ideal so PLEASE please do not look at the
solders through the screening hahahah!! Quit lookin!  Below the 60's are the 225's lookin boss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back