Grado Fan Club!
Dec 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #20,567 of 65,627
Always reminds me of the 'good old times...'

One of the most memorable and important contemporary songs in my opinion, for many reasons...
Also because it really draw a beautiful scenery of....melancholy...

I personally like to imagine the life of the lyrical I...what has led him far away from Georgia and why did he making these dock his own? So many questions...

It really is sad to see such artists not being able to show their whole potential...especially in this case.
Life often feels arbitrary.

Great with Grados...

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #20,569 of 65,627
  Always reminds me of the 'good old times...'

One of the most memorable and important contemporary songs in my opinion, for many reasons...
Also because it really draw a beautiful scenery of....melancholy...

I personally like to imagine the life of the lyrical I...what has led him far away from Georgia and why did he making these dock his own? So many questions...

It really is sad to see such artists not being able to show their whole potential...especially in this case.
Life often feels arbitrary.

Great with Grados...

i'm from macon, ga, otis's hometown, while i never met him, i was a 3 when he died, i'm friends with one of his managers, and i've heard many stories about otis. he and his family, are very special to macon to this day.  he helped put macon on the musical map. RESPECT !!

de7748bbe4d43e172dc9b96f4f4e4cf0.jpg

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #20,570 of 65,627
  Sad but true.

Indeed.

i'm from macon, ga, otis's hometown, while i never met him, i was a 3 when he died, i'm friends with one of his managers, and i've heard many stories about otis. he and his family, are very special to macon to this day.  he helped put macon on the musical map. RESPECT !! 

de7748bbe4d43e172dc9b96f4f4e4cf0.jpg

Artist can really make 'small' towns very famous. 
Congrats for knowing such a person. I would be interested in hearing some stories.

I recently watched a documentary about his (very short) life and how Dock Of The Bay became famous especially after his death. The was also an interview with Otis Redding III. Even more sad that children mainly remember their own father as an icon...but not as a person.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #20,571 of 65,627
I knew I shouldn't have come back to this site. I was doing so well staying happy with my MDR-V6. Just got the SR325is a few days ago and now I'm looking at the PS500e. :frowning2:

Would the PS500e be any good with a Schiit Modi/Magni stack? Is it worth getting?

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #20,572 of 65,627
  I knew I shouldn't have come back to this site. I was doing so well staying happy with my MDR-V6. Just got the SR325is a few days ago and now I'm looking at the PS500e. :frowning2:

Would the PS500e be any good with a Schiit Modi/Magni stack? Is it worth getting?

Congratulations, great HP!
Well how do you like the 325is's with the M/M combo?
I use the same set-up for my desktop and think it sounds great, so I would think the PS-500e would sound fine, after all, Grados could never sound bad with anything IMO, only better with better gear. I had just as much pleasure with my Sony CDP-C701ES>80i's.

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #20,573 of 65,627
Yes Jay
I'm trying them again mainly due to your impressions…and everyone else's…but I hold you most responsible!!!  :D  :wink:  
I hope I really like them this time because believe it or not, it is getting harder and harder for me to listen to my RS1i's/WA6 after matching the PS1K's with the Soloist…and everyone knows how much I love the RS1i/WA6, so I want to listen to the RS1i/GS1Ke side by side through the WA6. My PS1K's IMO/IME have come a very long way since pairing with the Soloist, and going back to the RS1i's/WA6 doesn't sound the same to me as much as it used too. :frowning2:  I am in no way putting the RS1i's/WA6 combo down, they are incredible, but in comparison, I think I'm a bit spoiled after finding great synergy between the PS1K's/Soloist so I want to hear the differences between the RS1i/GS1Ke with the WA6.
I think it's a very nice sonic progression you've got going on here joseph. It's only logical that you climb up the headphone/amp food chain. The PS1K and Soloist combo are an order of magnitude improvement over your beloved RS1i/WA6 combo. Don't look back.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #20,574 of 65,627

Yes Jay
I'm trying them again mainly due to your impressions…and everyone else's…but I hold you most responsible!!!  
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

I hope I really like them this time because believe it or not, it is getting harder and harder for me to listen to my RS1i's/WA6 after matching the PS1K's with the Soloist…and everyone knows how much I love the RS1i/WA6, so I want to listen to the RS1i/GS1Ke side by side through the WA6. My PS1K's IMO/IME have come a very long way since pairing with the Soloist, and going back to the RS1i's/WA6 doesn't sound the same to me as much as it used too. 
frown.gif
 I am in no way putting the RS1i's/WA6 combo down, they are incredible, but in comparison, I think I'm a bit spoiled after finding great synergy between the PS1K's/Soloist so I want to hear the differences between the RS1i/GS1Ke with the WA6.

I think it's a very nice sonic progression you've got going on here joseph. It's only logical that you climb up the headphone/amp food chain. The PS1K and Soloist combo are an order of magnitude improvement over your beloved RS1i/WA6 combo. Don't look back.

+1

Happy saturday morning everybody.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #20,575 of 65,627

Indeed.

Artist can really make 'small' towns very famous. 
Congrats for knowing such a person. I would be interested in hearing some stories.

I recently watched a documentary about his (very short) life and how Dock Of The Bay became famous especially after his death. The was also an interview with Otis Redding III. Even more sad that children mainly remember their own father as an icon...but not as a person.

i didn't know him personally, i was 3 at the time of his death. 
otis was a kind, genuine , humble caring man, at that time in macon, and the south, relationships between whites and blacks weren't too good as you can imagine. otis and brothers phil, and alan walden( i was friends with phil's son philip and alan) weren't only business partners(actual partners) but very, very close friends , it was a relationship not very well thought of by both white and blacks. controversial to say the least. otis, being the man he was, handled everything with such grace and humility, as did the waldens, that it proved something to macon, and everyone else
what could be possible . macon's musical history is deep, macon is little richard's hometown, james brown lived there for a while, jimi hendrix ,while he was still a sideman, spent time in macon as  he had relatives there, and met johnny jenkins , who jimi emulated johnny's wild style, and flair and went on to become hendrix. after otis's death, duane allman, capricorn records southern rock exploded . otis's legacy is deep and wide

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #20,576 of 65,627

+1

Thanks guys…but don't get me wrong, I still love the RS1i/WA6 combo, and I feel that it is more of a different sound and will always enjoy the combo, I'm just getting more and more used to the PS1K/Soloist combo. It's very strange when you don't move forward with gear and try different combinations, you don't realize, it is only when you move forward then take a step back that you can really hear the differences, otherwise they are both excellent combos and bring great/different musical experiences to the table.   

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #20,578 of 65,627
This Grado fanclub has very positive aura, I wonder if John or Jonathan Grado have passed by this forum 
regular_smile%20.gif

[COLOR=777777]“When someone buys Grado headphones, they become part of the family — as long as they leave their shoes at the door”.  [/COLOR]​

Good question. Maybe I'll send them a note.

Meantime, GradoLabs also has a Facebook page, and I HAVE seen posts from Grado on that.

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #20,579 of 65,627
  This Grado fanclub has very positive aura, I wonder if John or Jonathan Grado have passed by this forum 
regular_smile .gif

“When someone buys Grado headphones, they become part of the family — as long as they leave their shoes at the door”.  ​

i like that, i'd never seen that quote before. 

here, more than any other thread i know of, is more civil in general and first and foremost, its about the music, and getter closer to 
the soul of the music ! that's the way i see it

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #20,580 of 65,627

regular_smile .gif

“When someone buys Grado headphones, they become part of the family — as long as they leave their shoes at the door”.  ​

i like that, i'd never seen that quote before. 

here, more than any other thread i know of, is more civil in general and first and foremost, its about the music, and getter closer to 
the soul of the music ! that's the way i see it

I think you hit the nail, dead square on the head, sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back