Grado Fan Club!
Apr 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #13,426 of 65,794
Apr 1, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #13,427 of 65,794
  Anyone excited about Headroom's new headphone.  http://www.headphone.com/headphones/headroom-hamphones.php

MSRP is $1,325  haha

Your Price: $13.99 
MSRP $1,325.00 No Sales Tax
You Save: $1,311.01 (99%)
  1. Availability: In Stock
    check.png
  2. Flat Rate Shipping Only $6.00!

Sure is....
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #13,430 of 65,794

Just guessing (as I like the lcd2) but they are the anti-grado. Flat bass (less punch but omnipresent and deeeeeep), lush but kind of 'distant' mids and super detailed but somehow lacking in energy up top. More a wall of sound approach with nothing forward (especially the mids compared to grado)

That's how I hear them but I like it, and they remind me of the he500 as well. Lcd2 have excellent 'neutrality' to me and are closer to how I interpret the "audiophile" neutral and transparent sound. Although I don't really know what that means either....

I need to sit down with the lcd2 along side my rs1 to get a real comparison, but it's gonna be tough to dethrone "my precious" for raw musicality/euphonics

How close are my guesses, grado fans?

Pretty close. I don't consider myself an audiophile. The lcds do sound fantastic. I mean they are a seriously impressive headphone, but my personal taste didn't enjoy them. They delivered beautiful bass, but the way grados do it is so nice. It's almost like when the bass hits, they are hopping off your ear. It feels very raw, crunchy and rough. (lol I dono how else to describe it)

IMHO, version 1 had rolled highs and very deep bass.  Other than that, meh.  I wish Grados had the deep bass but that's about it.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #13,432 of 65,794
Apr 1, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #13,434 of 65,794
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #13,435 of 65,794
Went to a small music festival this weekend, and while there were several great bands, the highlight for me was seeing kansas live again. Inspired me to pull out some old kansas albums and run them through my Grados :)
I swear Kansas is like the unsung hero of American rock n roll. No one ever mentions them when people talk about the best rock bands, but I've never met anyone that doesn't love jamming out to at least three of their songs. 
Man, you guy's posts really took me back to my years in college at a small liberal arts institution in the Midwest. Drank a lot of beer, smoked a little weed, and listened to Kansas, Pure Prairie League, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, and the list goes on and on. Whatever happened to good ole Rock n' Roll.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #13,436 of 65,794
Just guessing (as I like the lcd2) but they are the anti-grado. Flat bass (less punch but omnipresent and deeeeeep), lush but kind of 'distant' mids and super detailed but somehow lacking in energy up top. More a wall of sound approach with nothing forward (especially the mids compared to grado)

That's how I hear them but I like it, and they remind me of the he500 as well. Lcd2 have excellent 'neutrality' to me and are closer to how I interpret the "audiophile" neutral and transparent sound. Although I don't really know what that means either....

I need to sit down with the lcd2 along side my rs1 to get a real comparison, but it's gonna be tough to dethrone "my precious" for raw musicality/euphonics

How close are my guesses, grado fans?

Strangely enough, I found myself enjoying the sound of the LCD 2.2 quite much during auditions.
Although from reviews they don't sound like something I would generally enjoy.

Especially with (slow) Jazz, Ambiente and other slower genres, they delivered very well.
Those will probably be my next over-head headphone. I like how they complement my Grados.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #13,437 of 65,794
I swear Kansas is like the unsung hero of American rock n roll. No one ever mentions them when people talk about the best rock bands, but I've never met anyone that doesn't love jamming out to at least three of their songs. 

The solo in "miracles out of no where" is one of my all time favorites (Next to riders on the storms and hotel Cali's solos lol)

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #13,438 of 65,794
Strangely enough, I found myself enjoying the sound of the LCD 2.2 quite much during auditions.
Although from reviews they don't sound like something I would generally enjoy.

Especially with (slow) Jazz, Ambiente and other slower genres, they delivered very well.
Those will probably be my next over-head headphone. I like how they complement my Grados.

I thought they would compliment my grados perfectly and in a way they did, but there was an "a" factor about wearing them..

Okay no more lcd2 talk. I'm disappointed they didn't work out for me and my needs. Starting to make me wish I was born a different person all together ha

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #13,439 of 65,794
The solo in "miracles out of no where" is one of my all time favorites (Next to riders on the storms and hotel Cali's solos lol)
I swear I had forgotten I owned "miracles out of nowhere". Now I've got to go find and listen to it thru my RS1i's while I play my guitar badly.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #13,440 of 65,794
i'm not buying anything until I see some graphs damn it!

I'm with you on this one, who cares how headphones sound, as long as the graph is flat!, that's the most important thing! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back