Grado Fan Club!
Mar 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #13,141 of 65,624

back and forth between matt just a few times ! lol
got these in the mail today too

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710535/1960-2-star-philips-miniwatt-e88cc-sq-matched-pair-ultra-rare

Nice

I may have to consider a Lyr, once the Hifiman 560i come out.....and we see how much amp they are gonna need....supposedly much less the last generation Hifimans.

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #13,142 of 65,624

Nice

I may have to consider a Lyr, once the Hifiman 560i come out.....and we see how much amp they are gonna need....supposedly much less the last generation Hifimans.

give the mad a chance, it does drive the x's ,
i just seem to have a sentimental connection with the lyr, matt too probably, we'd just hate to see it go to a stranger !! lol

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #13,143 of 65,624
Congrats on the WA6!  I think you'll really like it and it seems that a few other here enjoy it! Really liking mine. Have some tubes on order.. let the insanity begin!
Quote:
  Went ahead and got the WA6 that was on the forsale forum.

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #13,144 of 65,624
I've got a real soft sport for the Lyr.  My first 'real' amp. Loved tube rolling.  I almost ordered one when they had them in black a few months back but then I remembered how obsessive I was and how much I spent on tubes.
From what I've been reading, the HE560i will not require that much power.  The Lyr drove the HE500 to levels where they would be bouncing off my ears.
Quote:
I may have to consider a Lyr, once the Hifiman 560i come out...

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #13,145 of 65,624
I pretty much only use my Lyr for the Audeezers....occcaissionally will park my head inside the Senns on her.
I like the woodied 325i's on there too, now that I am trying that rig out, seeing how the new wood sounds on various gear.

The 325i's REALLY sound very nice on the Valhalla.
That's my late-night-ready-for-bed and some mellow-down-music rig.
Acoustic, live, string and/or guitar is absolutely divine with this pairing.

Mar 25, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #13,148 of 65,624
  I know you guys all go crazy over the Ear+HD, well there is one for sale on ebay. I am looking at the Rs1's he is selling too, but my amp buying days are over for a while.

rs1

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #13,149 of 65,624
UDDATE ON WOODY MOD FOR YOUR CANS:

I talked to this guy who did the mod on my 325is.
It is much as I suspected- he does NOT want to do VOLUME work.
He does it as a hobby, mostly only to pay for his tools.

He IS NOT the "other guy" mentioned previously in this thread; he has visited HeadFi, but quit visiting about 2 years ago.

We're trying to work out the best way that he can take some of you guys' requests, yet keep the orders pretty low, as he doesn't want the stress and demanding nature of having MANY orders on the burner.

I think what I want to do for him,(at least for now), since he's a nice, sort of retiring dude, is to field requests for stuff via my PMs and then I can hook people up to him, one at a time.
Nobody is going to ask for money to do this.
wink.gif

I just appreciate what he has done for me, and I want to return my happiness a bit.

So, what I will do is just act as a Go Between..... maybe he'll get interested in doing more work as time passes and be okay with a public posting of his contact info.

I hope that will work for everybody and get some lovely mods to the people who want them, and maybe can be a little patient with the process not being like Amaz*n or something.
This is all hand-made, after all, and his degree of care and detail is worth it, ABSOLUTELY.
It's really kind of cool that he will let you select your own wood,(like buy it from ebay or wherever), and send it to him with your cans, and then he does the work. I don't think he censors your choice of wood, however, so DO your homework about the properties of the wood you are buying in advance! I like the whole personal participation aspect of how this has gone for me. 

I promise that I don't get a dime for this.
I just like the guy and I enjoy the HeadFi community enough to help people get a piece of the lovely experience that I am having.

that is all.
smile.gif

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #13,150 of 65,624
My WA6 Wood Edition! (I take no credit for the fabrication, my father did it.)
I take credit for the idea/color and the painting/installation.
Added to the wood side panels are the transformer cover and the tube base plate cover with aluminum bezels around the tube sockets…done!

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #13,151 of 65,624
Wow 
eek.gif

Fantastic job.....that is the best looking Woo I have ever seen. 
smile.gif

Great color choice.

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #13,152 of 65,624
  My Woo Audio WA6 Wood Edition! (I take no credit for the fabrication, my father did it).
I only take credit for the idea/color/installation/photos.
Added to the side panels are the transformer cover and tube base cover with aluminum bezels around the tube sockets…done!

great work...props to your dad...

wondering how much a 'professional' customisation of that kind would cost...

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #13,154 of 65,624
  great work...props to your dad...

wondering how much a 'professional' customisation of that kind would cost...

Thank you, it is the mostly the time and cutting of the wood/aluminum, not so much the cost of the material, it cost me under $20.00U.S. And thanks for the compliment too my father, if it wasn't for him having the machinery to do this, it wouldn't have been done.

Gorgeous.

Thank you!

Wow 
eek.gif

Fantastic job.....that is the best looking Woo I have ever seen. 
smile.gif

Great color choice.

Thank you very much, appreciate the compliment whirlwind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back