Grado Fan Club!
Jan 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #11,596 of 65,789
Jan 22, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #11,597 of 65,789
  it was bound to happen !!
the lyr i shipped to mattTCG in ga. DOA (it wasn't when it left here)
we are about to test USPS insurance , bless us dear lord ! lol

Sorry to hear this, wasn't this a new amp originally purchased by you?
As long as it was insured for the value of the item, you should have no trouble, but it mat take USPS some time to investigate the issue, good luck.

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #11,598 of 65,789
  it was bound to happen !!
the lyr i shipped to mattTCG in ga. DOA (it wasn't when it left here)
we are about to test USPS insurance , bless us dear lord ! lol

Man, sorry to hear this....hopefully everything works out.

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #11,599 of 65,789
  Sorry to hear this, wasn't this a new amp originally purchased by you?
As long as it was insured for the value of the item, you should have no trouble, but it mat take USPS some time to investigate the issue, good luck.

no this was a used one,and actually i got it from him !, and he got it used too i believe i'm sure it'll work out, i spoke with matt, he's being very cool about it too,

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #11,601 of 65,789
Jan 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #11,604 of 65,789
Just some random thoughts on the RS1, I don't have the "i".....

When I first got these I really liked them pretty well, I thought they were a pretty ok improvement from what had which is the SR-80 and HF-2. The more I use them, I just can't stop listening. They just do "music" right, I am able to forget I and dive head first into any album. It is a much more resolving headphone that I originally thought. I think once you give your ears time to adjust they are just heavenly. These phones definitely have a magic that most phones start out with but fades with time. These phones actually get better & better(at least for me) and they are just dang comfy. I know this is a sticking point for some people, but man these are so light I forget I even have them on sometimes. Also, I know this is not a popular thing on head-fi but I just love listening to these things without an amp and man do they sound good!!

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #11,605 of 65,789
HI all!

I have not been able to post very often, or even read the thread due to a lot of stuff going on.

But, I do want to publicly that Jay for helping me to achieve some of the finest listening experiences I have ever had.  It started with swapping my HE-5LE for his RS1i, which I did not like at all.  I still beleive that my 225i's give me what I want from Grado, and the raw immedateness I get from those cans is totally absent from the RS1.  I already have smooth, revealing headphones that the RS1 cannot stand up against.  This is not so much a knock on the RS1's as they are a glowing recommendation for the 225's.  I fell even more in llove with their sound.

So I sent the RS1's back to Jay, and he made the interesting offer of keeping the 5LE's in exchange for his Burson Soloist.  All I can say is that the Burson and Grado's combine to give me the finest experience I have ever had in Head-Fi.  And for demanding material, I have the Alpha Dogs, which are a whole different topic.

Thanks Jay!

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #11,606 of 65,789
  Just some random thoughts on the RS1, I don't have the "i".....

When I first got these I really liked them pretty well, I thought they were a pretty ok improvement from what had which is the SR-80 and HF-2. The more I use them, I just can't stop listening. They just do "music" right, I am able to forget I and dive head first into any album. It is a much more resolving headphone that I originally thought. I think once you give your ears time to adjust they are just heavenly. These phones definitely have a magic that most phones start out with but fades with time. These phones actually get better & better(at least for me) and they are just dang comfy. I know this is a sticking point for some people, but man these are so light I forget I even have them on sometimes. Also, I know this is not a popular thing on head-fi but I just love listening to these things without an amp and man do they sound good!!

I am with you brother, the more I listen to them the more I like them, and trust me I have lots of hours on them
L3000.gif

I hear what you are saying, they do sound great without any amp....but a good amp can take them to a completely different level...I know it is hard to imagine, but it is very true.

HI all!

I have not been able to post very often, or even read the thread due to a lot of stuff going on.

But, I do want to publicly that Jay for helping me to achieve some of the finest listening experiences I have ever had.  It started with swapping my HE-5LE for his RS1i, which I did not like at all.  I still beleive that my 225i's give me what I want from Grado, and the raw immedateness I get from those cans is totally absent from the RS1.  I already have smooth, revealing headphones that the RS1 cannot stand up against.  This is not so much a knock on the RS1's as they are a glowing recommendation for the 225's.  I fell even more in llove with their sound.

So I sent the RS1's back to Jay, and he made the interesting offer of keeping the 5LE's in exchange for his Burson Soloist.  All I can say is that the Burson and Grado's combine to give me the finest experience I have ever had in Head-Fi.  And for demanding material, I have the Alpha Dogs, which are a whole different topic.

Thanks Jay!

Congrats.

Yeah, Jay is an awesome guy.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #11,607 of 65,789
well i can't help but to add in to the RS1 discussion LOL

they get better and better with every listen.  while i agree with swspiers that they aren't as 'in your face' as the 80's (never tried the 225) it's part of why i love them, they are still VERY "in your face' compared to say my HE400's which are quite recessed especially in the midrange.  what they are to me is all the best parts of the 80's but smoooooooooth and the bass response continues to surprise me despite the measurement data saying they shouldn't be much different from the 80's.  to me, ATM, they are my end game headphone for a good chunk of genres

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #11,608 of 65,789
  I am with you brother, the more I listen to them the more I like them, and trust me I have lots of hours on them
L3000.gif

I hear what you are saying, they do sound great without any amp....but a good amp can take them to a completely different level...I know it is hard to imagine, but it is very true.

Congrats.

Yeah, Jay is an awesome guy.

+1...I suspect everyone who has had contact with Jay comes away with a smile on their face. I've give him the Headfi Grado thread's most congenial or member at large award if there was one.

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #11,609 of 65,789
  well i can't help but to add in to the RS1 discussion LOL

they get better and better with every listen.  while i agree with swspiers that they aren't as 'in your face' as the 80's (never tried the 225) it's part of why i love them, they are still VERY "in your face' compared to say my HE400's which are quite recessed especially in the midrange.  what they are to me is all the best parts of the 80's but smoooooooooth and the bass response continues to surprise me despite the measurement data saying they shouldn't be much different from the 80's.  to me, ATM, they are my end game headphone for a good chunk of genres

Having a 225i, I'd love to hear from folks who have owned both 225i and RS1i. My sense is owning both would be redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back