Grado Fan Club!
Jan 25, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #11,626 of 65,817
Grado could try a larger, thick cardboard box with a matte black finish and the words "XXXTREME BASS" in large red letters on the front, but I think it might backfire.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #11,627 of 65,817
  Grado could try a larger, thick cardboard box with a matte black finish and the words "XXXTREME BASS" in large red letters on the front, but I think it might backfire.

almost certainly , as no grado i've heard has no XXXXXXXXtreme bass (thankfully!!)  
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #11,628 of 65,817
Well they're not 100% Grados but my Alessandro MS Pros are currently in transit to the destination. Hope they arrive about the same time as my Schiit M/M stack. Then I guess I'm set for a while...

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #11,629 of 65,817
  Well they're not 100% Grados but my Alessandro MS Pros are currently in transit to the destination. Hope they arrive about the same time as my Schiit M/M stack. Then I guess I'm set for a while...

alessandro's are grado's, haven't tried the pro's yet, let us know what you think !

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #11,630 of 65,817
Yeah, they are Grados....just tweaked....congrats, and please post your impressions

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #11,631 of 65,817
Originally Posted by whirlwind /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, they are Grados....just tweaked....congrats, and please post your impressions

alessandro's are grado's, haven't tried the pro's yet, let us know what you think !

Surely I will tell you what I think about them but I've only owned/auditioned SR325is so far so that's the only thing I could compare. And I don't have them anymore so I'll have to rely on my memory. 

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #11,632 of 65,817
  Surely I will tell you what I think about them but I've only owned/auditioned SR325is so far so that's the only thing I could compare. And I don't have them anymore so I'll have to rely on my memory. 

thats fine , i rely on my memory all the time, and i've killed a few brain cells in my day !! 
blink.gif

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #11,634 of 65,817
Listening to my sons 225i thru my MAD EAR.......this headphone sounds great with the TTVJ flat pads.....good stuff.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #11,635 of 65,817

I have the RS1i and I bought my son the 225i for Christmas.

I listened to the 225i with my MAD EAR before I wrapped it up to give to him, because I bought it 2nd hand and wanted to make sure everything was ok with it, which it was.

The 225i sounds great, make no mistake about it.....if I were going to buy my first Grado...this would be where I would start personally.

It is way more refined that the SR60i that I have.

When comparing it to the RS1i.....it holds up fairly well...but does nothing as good as the RS1i, IMO.

This is in no way a knock on the 225i...some may actually prefer it and maybe I should compare them both through the LD1+....which I have not.

For me personally, if I owned the 225i and the RS1i....I am afraid the 225i would not get the warranted head time that it deserved.

I am afraid for me the only headphones in the Grado line that could swipe some head time from the RS1i would be the PS500 and above.....and then....I am not positive that be the case, but more than likely it would be.

To me the RS1i really does not have any faults that amount to anything when matched to an amp that give you some great synergy.

Do they have a big sound stage....no....but I am not a fan of big sound stage with my headphones.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel between the 225i and the RS1i - and I have both at the same time. What doesn't get mentioned very much with the RS1i, and most headphones in general, is their instrument separation. While the soundstage on the RS1i isn't huge by any stretch, the instrument separation is really something else that even headphones double its price can't match.

Being able to listen to all the sound at once, and pick out a single clarinet in a symphony is really extraordinary. The 225i's just give you that constant, in-yer-face, wall of sound that is fun and engaging, but doesn't ever give you a chance to be tranquil (or zen!) with your listening (if that makes any sense at all).

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #11,636 of 65,817
bob marely "live at the roxy" + jriver19 dsd over pcm + ifi idsd + schiit vali + gs1000i = yessssss mahhhhhhnnnnnn

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #11,637 of 65,817

This is pretty much exactly how I feel between the 225i and the RS1i - and I have both at the same time. What doesn't get mentioned very much with the RS1i, and most headphones in general, is their instrument separation. While the soundstage on the RS1i isn't huge by any stretch, the instrument separation is really something else that even headphones double its price can't match.

Being able to listen to all the sound at once, and pick out a single clarinet in a symphony is really extraordinary. The 225i's just give you that constant, in-yer-face, wall of sound that is fun and engaging, but doesn't ever give you a chance to be tranquil (or zen!) with your listening (if that makes any sense at all).

Yes, that makes perfect sense and I agree 100%...the separation is fantastic and much better than the 225i.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #11,638 of 65,817

Yes, that makes perfect sense and I agree 100%...the separation is fantastic and much better than the 225i.

and throw in the LD or MAD with some nice tubes, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #11,639 of 65,817

and throw in the LD or MAD with some nice tubes, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes, indeed.

And like you have said before, the MAD ever adds more layers to your music, along with the great seperation

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #11,640 of 65,817

Yes, indeed.

And like you have said before, the MAD ever adds more layers to your music, along with the great seperation

texture, layers, like fabric, finely woven , man that's getting pretty flowery !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back