Grado Fan Club!
Oct 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #9,978 of 65,775
  No, no, sorry, I mean the ones you linked to on fleeBay! :)

Oh ... OK.   It'a all good.

In the listing wje linked to, the seller has confirmed they have white mesh. Someone asked him the same question!

Thanks for the update.  There will be plenty of others that could show up as time moves along, too.  Just be patient.  I'm doing plenty of listening the the pink Grads and the RS1i to capture differences.  The pink SR-60 isn't an RS1i killer by any means.  Though, some notes regarding the signature and performance do have to be addressed and listed out for a better explanation.  While I like my RS1i, it doesn't mean that the next person wouldn't prefer the pink SR-60.  Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

I had the SR-60 Grados at work yesterday.  Late in the afternoon, I was driving them straight out of my iPod Classic as the Fiio Monte Blanc was home charging.  About an hour and a half of Amy Winehouse allowed me to capture some impressions of the tones, female vocals, etc.  What I heard, didn't have me wanting to yank the Grados off.  I'm not sure how my experience would have been with an un-modded and newer SR-60i, though.  Also, for additional testing, I'd like to pit the SR-60 pinks against the Allesandro MS1i headphones and see how something several years old would compare to the 2 year old stock MS1i headphones.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #9,980 of 65,775
Nice! I would definitely put wood cups and the (L) cushions on them. What a difference this made with my SR80i's!

I have the L cushions and I don't like them at all because I find them w way too uncomfortable. I am content with the stock cushions but that could change with wood cups.

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #9,981 of 65,775
Hey guys, my friend is looking for a pair if headphones for work. He really liked the sound of my SR80 but they leak too much sound. Any recomendations for a closed/semi-closed can with a similar sound? The K550 is all I can think of but it's too big and bulky for him.

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #9,983 of 65,775
Hey guys, my friend is looking for a pair if headphones for work. He really liked the sound of my SR80 but they leak too much sound. Any recomendations for a closed/semi-closed can with a similar sound? The K550 is all I can think of but it's too big and bulky for him.

Not going to lie but Grado SR80/60 are very hard to beat! Neither can I think of any headphone of similar sound signature other than the K550 and possibly DT880 but it needs an amp, a tube amp if possible to sound best :)

Billson

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #9,984 of 65,775

Senn HD25 or Beyer DT1350

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #9,985 of 65,775
I have the L cushions and I don't like them at all because I find them w way too uncomfortable. I am content with the stock cushions but that could change with wood cups.

Many of us have been there. However, have you spread open the headband a bit so it doesn't feel like your head is in a vise when you wear them?

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #9,986 of 65,775
and speaking of the 550, mine got here today that i traded my ms2's for,
i'm not sure i'll be giving these to the stepson , they are pretty good !
i may keep them for my closed cans,
you know, i could get him a pair of 60i's, get him started of right ! lol

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #9,987 of 65,775

HA HA HA

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #9,988 of 65,775
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Will look into the RS1's as a potential upgrade to my 325is!

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #9,989 of 65,775

SR60i is a better starter headphone. Then a ZO2.3 woofer amp so that he get the freedom of EQ-ing the bass xD

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #9,990 of 65,775
Many of us have been there. However, have you spread open the headband a bit so it doesn't feel like your head is in a vise when you wear them?

It's not the headband but the cushions themselves. The foam is too stiff and rough,at least on the replacement pads that I bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back