Grado Fan Club!
Aug 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #8,761 of 66,010
Quote:
Yes I've experimented. My previous statement was assuming same gain setting, the lower impedance cans get louder even though the amp is delivering a lot less power.

What is the difference in sensitivity between the two?  Impedance can be involved in sensitivity, but it does not necessarily follow that the lower impedance driver is more sensitive, or vice versa.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #8,762 of 66,010
Quote:
No love for gs1k nowadays?

Please, please, please no love for the GS1K!!!!!!!  I don't think I could take it.  One day, I swear, I will own them, but I have spent WAY too much money on cans that I don't have time and won't have time to listen to for a while.

But the GS1000 haunts me in my sleep....

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #8,763 of 66,010
Quote:
jimmy hat, i like that ! lol, i just gave my ms2 a spring fresh jimmy hat !

Well done!

Ive used the same method to cover holes punched in the back of the driver also

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #8,767 of 66,010
Quote:
The problem is that my headphone is about 4 years old and also I m in Brazil.
Do you think they would ship to here?
Thanks

I would shoot them off an email and see...

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #8,771 of 66,010
well i past my 500th post and didn't know it !

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #8,773 of 66,010
Aug 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #8,774 of 66,010
Quote:

They said that they do not sell parts. 

If anyone knows were to get it I m still locking for it,
Thanks

That's very odd...I know many people who were sent parts at no charge. Guess you got them on a bad day. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #8,775 of 66,010
Quote:
Nice, would really like to hear your impressions on the RS1i, I've never had the opportunity to hear them, I've only read about them on Head-Fi, and I've read very different opinions, about the mid-range being recessed, so I'm curious to hear yours, thanks. 

I'll be happy to keep you all updated. :)

The first "issue" I suppose is that I am used to flat pads on the SR60 and MS1, so it might be helpful for me to replace the bowls with my spare flats for the purposes of making a proper comparison.  I don't know if I will leave them that way, however, because I am very impressed thus far with the sound using the bowls, even though they are somewhat less comfortable than the flats.

First impressions (~90 minutes of listening time last night) are that they have the Grado signature "presence" but that it's much more reserved, or refined if you will (again I want to check if this is in part a function of the pads).  The resolution of detail, however, is exquisite as compared with my lower level Grado and Alessandros.  It's difficult to describe, but my impression is that while the Alessandros I have (for example) allow some small level of "smearing" of frequencies and a consequent lack of sharpness of image, this is totally non-existent with the RS1i. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back