Grado Fan Club!
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #63,721 of 65,693
Damn straight, pilgrim! 👍😎
I often like to introduce myself as Redd, great grandson of Son House. 🤭
Aw man, you’ve touched the musical part of my heart. Hendrix’ Red House guitar riff introduction is a thing of beauty. And Edward “Son” House is a legend and a big part of my blues albums collection. I can never get enough of his rendition of “Death Letter”. This gets you two thumbs up, Redd (great grand son of Son 😁😎). 👍 👍

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #63,722 of 65,693
Perfect snow flurry mid after for listening to the GH2 via GS-X mk2
IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #63,723 of 65,693
Perfect snow flurry mid after for listening to the GH2 via GS-X mk2
IMG_0050.jpeg
Are those pads the L cushion ones, Joe ? I have spare ones and after seeing this [beautiful] photo of yours, I’m now curious to try them w/ my GH2s. Briefly, why do you appear to prefer these pads for you GH2 ? Thanks.

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #63,725 of 65,693
Are those pads the L cushion ones, Joe ? I have spare ones and after seeing this [beautiful] photo of yours, I’m now curious to try them w/ my GH2s. Briefly, why do you appear to prefer these pads for you GH2 ? Thanks.
Bob--those are Grado G cushions, but the GH2 comes stock with Grado L cushions.
I much oprefer the sound of the GH2 (and GH1 w/G cushions) from the day I switched to them. The G cushions give a spacious instrument separation without decreasing the mid-lower bass or increasing the mid-upper frequencies--just right for my tastes and my chain.

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #63,726 of 65,693
I much oprefer the sound of the GH2 (and GH1 w/G cushions) from the day I switched to them. The G cushions give a spacious instrument separation without decreasing the mid-lower bass or increasing the mid-upper frequencies--just right for my tastes and my chain.
Ok, thanks Joe for your response, sound explanation and clarification on the G & L cushions. I seem to have a hard time keeping track of what’s what with the cushions. I’ll be sure to try them w/ the “G” cushion in the near future. 👍

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #63,727 of 65,693
Ok, thanks Joe for your response, sound explanation and clarification on the G & L cushions. I seem to have a hard time keeping track of what’s what with the cushions. I’ll be sure to try them w/ the “G” cushion in the near future. 👍
You're welcome
I've tried at least a dozen times (even before I started listening this afternoon) to use the L cushions--but after 10min I put the G cushions back on. Just the sound that I'm used to.

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #63,728 of 65,693
I noticed that too when I swapped out the L's for G's on my RS-1x. I hear that spacious separation not only left and right but up and down in each ear as well.

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #63,730 of 65,693
• Everyone is different 🤷🏻‍♂️. I could not stand the L-pads' "cupped hands over ears, hollowed out" sound on RS-1x. When I went to F-pads / TTVJ Deluxe Flats, RS-1x came "on song." Now, for 'Row A' perspective, it's F-pads; for 'Row M' perspective, it's G-pads.

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #63,731 of 65,693
And I think that it is ONLY the GH2 and GH1 that are improved by replacing their native L pads with Gs. The PS500 sounds equally good but different, and at least in my experience, the other L-supplied Grados degrade in sound with Gs.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #63,733 of 65,693
And I think that it is ONLY the GH2 and GH1 that are improved by replacing their native L pads with Gs. The PS500 sounds equally good but different, and at least in my experience, the other L-supplied Grados degrade in sound with Gs.
I generally keep the stock pads myself. I did find the G worked pretty well on the GH1 as both you and @joseph69 liked that comment.

On the recommendation from one of my headphone buddies recommended the Beautiful Pads on the GH2 and I liked it, so in essence it really becomes at least two to three different phones depending on the pads.

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpeg
    IMG_3262.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #63,734 of 65,693
• Everyone is different 🤷🏻‍♂️. I could not stand the L-pads' "cupped hands over ears, hollowed out" sound on RS-1x. When I went to F-pads / TTVJ Deluxe Flats, RS-1x came "on song." Now, for 'Row A' perspective, it's F-pads; for 'Row M' perspective, it's G-pads.

I'm also in the camp of people who can't stand the L-pads on the RS1x. Honestly, I can't stand the L-pads and G-pads on any Grado headphones from the Reference or Prestige series anymore. If the F-pads didn't exist, I probably wouldn't be in this thread anymore. I've still got the GH1, and the only way I enjoy it is with the F-pads. Going from the G-pads to the F-pads transforms the GH1 from "meh" to "boom!" It's like my headphones did a superhero costume change lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back