Grado Fan Club!
Aug 23, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #55,906 of 65,934
Beautiful compact but big setup. Those 3000e’s look smokin’ on there
On top of the Violectric, no. But when he puts them on his Quicksilver, yes, they smoke quite a lot. Hence their position safely back on top of the V200.

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #55,908 of 65,934
Hi all, could anyone please tell me which is the most forward mid over ear Grado, thanks
The older series Grado headphones are more mid forward than the newer. You would probably enjoy a series without a letter in front of the model number, or if you don't want to go that old, the (i) series Grado headphones are more mid forward as well. As far as "over ear" you'd need to go with a model like the GS or the PS (not including the PS500) which come stock with the G cushions which are over ear. I own the 325is (only model with both, i & s) and I find them mid forward and to have that raw, live in your face Grado sound which I enjoy very much.

EDIT:
Also, any model Grado will accept S, L, F, which are on ear, or G cushions, which are over ear, but you may find there are pros & cons to changing cushions, especially if you go with the G cushions on certain models. This is all a matter of preference, though.

All Grados are on-ear.
Grado G cushions are over ear unless you have elephant ears. :)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #55,909 of 65,934
Talking of mid forward.
I took delivery of a pair of headphones for a friend this morning.
There not mid forward at all.
Think slightly laid back along the lines of Senns HD6—.

They are Astell & Kern T5P 2nd Generation.
A closed back easy to drive portable headphone.
I’m impressed with the sound.
High end not as shouty as Grado and not mid forward.
Low end is sumptuous and very deep.
Came with a lovely case and guess what?
A detachable cable that includes a S/E adapter.

Been playing them most of the day and got to say I’m enjoying them.
Pictures of them next to some others.
The Sennheiser HD800S is affectionately known as Darth Vader.
The AK T5P shall been known as Darth Vaders little brother
Daft Helmet.
The knock GS3000e and Rose woods shall get some play time tonight.👍😀

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • AF5C5D83-3BFE-4F62-A11B-EC238435DDCD.jpeg
    AF5C5D83-3BFE-4F62-A11B-EC238435DDCD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 950D1B0A-23F2-476D-A9CB-36CF993C9861.jpeg
    950D1B0A-23F2-476D-A9CB-36CF993C9861.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Aug 23, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #55,910 of 65,934
Aug 23, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #55,911 of 65,934
The older series Grado headphones are more mid forward than the newer. You would probably enjoy a series without a letter in front of the model number, or if you don't want to go that old, the (i) series Grado headphones are more mid forward as well. As far as "over ear" you'd need to go with a model like the GS or the PS (not including the PS500) which come stock with the G cushions which are over ear. I own the 325is (only model with both, i & s) and I find them mid forward and to have that raw, live in your face Grado sound which I enjoy very much.

EDIT:
Also, any model Grado will accept S, L, F, which are on ear, or G cushions, which are over ear, but you may find there are pros & cons to changing cushions, especially if you go with the G cushions on certain models. This is all a matter of preference, though.

Grado G cushions are over ear unless you have elephant ears. :)
@joseph69, thank you so much for the in depth answer, I was looking at the GS2000E but may just bite the bullet for the 3000, anyway I appreciate your time.

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #55,913 of 65,934
Well, your tag fits...

It is "cheezy" to start out on a forum and then try to offend the regular patrons of said forum. Individuals that do it usually leave in short order and not missed.

The respondent to your question wanted you to define what you call mid-forward because your definition may mean something different to others (not everyone on this forum is a professional).

I started working in the audio industry in 1985 and even audio professionals have trouble agreeing on exact terminology.

For example, by definition most Grado headphones are "mid-forward", but what i call too much is not enough for others.

Most of the members of this forum own and like Grado or they would not be here...

Providing feedback on a manufacturer's products is a valuable component of the successful many companies.
Thanks for your reply, my op was "Hi all, could anyone please tell me which is the most forward mid over ear Grado, thanks"
For which I got a barrage of unhelpful comments and a series of beyond pathetic emojis to the extent that my 11 year old daughter
wouldn't even use, so, no, you won't miss me and I certainly won't miss you and professional or not the question was aimed at anyone
that might have experienced a lot of Grados as the person who gave me a clear answer has, the rest of the comments and silly little
childish emojis were unnecessary.

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #55,914 of 65,934
A detachable cable you say, what is this new phenomenon you speak of, is it some kind of witchcraft ?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t know if it will ever catch on?
One problem I can see with this type of cable is you won’t be able to pull your car out of a ditch with it.

Maybe I should just keep a old Grado cable in the boot.
Just in case.

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #55,916 of 65,934
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t know if it will ever catch on?
One problem I can see with this type of cable is you won’t be able to pull your car out of a ditch with it.

Maybe I should just keep a old Grado cable in the boot.
Just in case.
Yeah it's a passing phase, a one trick pony, a flash in the pan..... It will never fly.

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #55,917 of 65,934
Thanks for your reply, my op was "Hi all, could anyone please tell me which is the most forward mid over ear Grado, thanks"
For which I got a barrage of unhelpful comments and a series of beyond pathetic emojis to the extent that my 11 year old daughter
wouldn't even use, so, no, you won't miss me and I certainly won't miss you and professional or not the question was aimed at anyone
that might have experienced a lot of Grados as the person who gave me a clear answer has, the rest of the comments and silly little
childish emojis were unnecessary.
Oh don’t feel like that.

Your more than welcome to the mid forward club.
I mean Grado club.
May I suggest you try a few different pairs before dropping big money on one pair.

Is there any dealers near you?

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #55,918 of 65,934
Oh don’t feel like that.

Your more than welcome to the mid forward club.
I mean Grado club.
May I suggest you try a few different pairs before dropping big money on one pair.

Is there any dealers near you?
No, I'm in London too and no one seems to stock the new range only the lower end types ie Richer sounds, do you know of somewhere please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back