Grado Fan Club!
Aug 23, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #55,921 of 65,970
I do think the PS500 will not be coming back in an x version. Hang onto your 500 & 500e phones if you like.
Why do you think that? I mean the 500e is already kinda toned down and has enough bass so maybe you are right. But to discontinue it totally would be a huge shame.

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #55,924 of 65,970
you won't miss me

Seriously, you come on here without any user icon (usually not a good sign) and ask a question i didn't fully understand (mind you, we're not all native English speakers). So i asked for an explanation and you gave me a silly reply and then you complain about not being taken seriously and how awful the Grado community is. Entitled much?

To answer your question. I have the Grado White, they have the most mids of all my Grados. But they use G-cups which may or may not be what you are looking for. Other than that the PS500e are #2 for mids.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #55,925 of 65,970
My sources told me there wasn't a while ago, they haven't been on the website for sometime.
That's really a shame. Hope mine will never break.

Also in general, how do you guys feel about the new X line being the only Grado flavour available? What if someone wanted the exquisite and crazy treble of the SR325e in 10 years? Sooner or later the e series will be gone for good. They're already quite scarce on Ebay. It's hard to get any RS2e or PS500e or even any SR325e. Imagine how will it be in 10 years!

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #55,926 of 65,970
Seriously, you come on here without any user icon (usually not a good sign) and ask a question i didn't fully understand (mind you, we're not all native English speakers). So i asked for an explanation and you gave me a silly reply and then you complain about not being taken seriously and how awful the Grado community is. Entitled much?

To answer your question. I have the Grado White, they have the most mids of all my Grados. But they use G-cups which may or may not be what you are looking for. Other than that the PS500e are #2 for mids.
I think that was all he was asking about?

I use the standard Headfi icon of the Grado HF1 as I owned a pair for years and sadly miss them.

I would love to try the Grado White some day.

So shall we all have a big Grado hug and enjoy are various mid forward Grados.

I do wonder if Grado stop the PS line??
Maybe it’s not selling as well as hoped??

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #55,927 of 65,970
Yeah it's a passing phase, a one trick pony, a flash in the pan..... It will never fly.
It can't fly, it's not detachable :D

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #55,928 of 65,970
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t know if it will ever catch on?
One problem I can see with this type of cable is you won’t be able to pull your car out of a ditch with it.

Maybe I should just keep a old Grado cable in the boot.
Just in case.
I always thought that the unbraided Grado cables made great jumper cables for the car battery 🔋⚡️…

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #55,930 of 65,970
That's really a shame. Hope mine will never break.

Also in general, how do you guys feel about the new X line being the only Grado flavour available? What if someone wanted the exquisite and crazy treble of the SR325e in 10 years? Sooner or later the e series will be gone for good. They're already quite scarce on Ebay. It's hard to get any RS2e or PS500e or even any SR325e. Imagine how will it be in 10 years!
IMO, I have it hard to find differences between 325x and PS500. There is not much difference except for a more open sound on the 500, and a surgical precision like imaging.

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #55,931 of 65,970
IMO, I have it hard to find differences between 325x and PS500. There is not much difference except for a more open sound on the 500, and a surgical precision like imaging.

Ok so the 325X might be a replacement for the PS500e. What about the 325e? Where is its replacement?

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #55,932 of 65,970

What, a picture of a chair lets everyone know who you are, if you didn't understand my first question then you more than likely wouldn't have understood my answer, I respect the fact that English is not your first language but i'm just making a valid point, perhaps you could have said in the beginning "To answer your question. I have the Grado White, they have the most mids of all my Grados. But they use G-cups which may or may not be what you are looking for. Other than that the PS500e are #2 for mids."
To which i would have replied, thank you very much and FYI none of the previous posts were actually aimed at you so thank you for your answer.

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #55,934 of 65,970
Yeah but obviously i didn't get what you meant by "forward". I still don't really know what it means in the context of a headphone. Do the Whites have more mids than my other Grados? Yes, they do. But are those mids "forward" or is there just more of them?

The icon is not about who you are, but accounts without any user picture are often very new and/or created to annoy people (like on Twitter or Reddit). But you seem to be new on the internet, so now you know.
The icon is not about who you are, but accounts without any user picture are often very new and/or created to annoy people (like on Twitter or Reddit). But you seem to be new on the internet, so now you know.
Wow, I'm the entitled one.
Thanks for letting me know but I wasn't asking, it's a shame that everyone in the world can't be as well trained on the internet as you and i'm so happy for you that your english has improved so much since my first post that you now seem to understand everything, you're right this internet thing is amazing. Would you question it if i asked for a bass heavy headphone or a headphone with excessive highs, the answer is NO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back