Grado Fan Club!
Jul 30, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #55,262 of 65,695
I must admit I was captivated during the last month with the new Raal system. It was the only one which had something to give besides my Grados. At a much-much higher price!

Nevertheless I bought last week the RS-1x because I needed a smaller can than my GS3000e and my Hemp is terminated with a 6.3mm. So, essentially for the holidays, travels to go along with my fiio q5s.

I agree it needs the F pads...much more confortable as the stock L (and I always used the factory pad before). It really balances out the sound. Very smooth, probably the smoothest Grado I have, still punchy, nuanced...really like it! It is not as resolute and boundless as the Raal but I could totally live with it. It needed however in my home system a bit more powerful amp as the RA-1 to open completly up.

After reading some reviews I feared there will be no bass, but no problems with the F pads. A very well made, beatiful can! (And it smells good too!)

Ps: plus I am probably the only one, but I think the new cable is better as the old. It looks, feels more high value for me.

Yeah the RS1x are something special. I wish they had a *bit* more sub bass like the Hemps but otherwise, they're near perfect for the price. F pads are definitely a huge improvement over the stock L pads for sure. Also, I agree with you - the new cable is great. Looks and feels more premium and my cups get twisted around far less often with the new cable. Plus it doesn't kink up like the old one sometimes did.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #55,263 of 65,695
Screenshot_20220730-210323.png

Hide your wallet...GS3000x inbound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #55,266 of 65,695
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #55,267 of 65,695
Jul 30, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #55,268 of 65,695
5FBC4A16-A726-48A9-8F72-A605244B6419.png

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #55,271 of 65,695
It looks identical, but he said there is a few changes. They brought back the 1/4" connector for example. Persoanlly I am done with the X Series, too many problems :frowning2:. Not as detailed even as the old one.
The goal after all is to be satisfied with your music. Sounds like you know what attributes you like. Carry on my friend!

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #55,272 of 65,695
I must admit I was captivated during the last month with the new Raal system. It was the only one which had something to give besides my Grados. At a much-much higher price!

Nevertheless I bought last week the RS-1x because I needed a smaller can than my GS3000e and my Hemp is terminated with a 6.3mm. So, essentially for the holidays, travels to go along with my fiio q5s.

I agree it needs the F pads...much more confortable as the stock L (and I always used the factory pad before). It really balances out the sound. Very smooth, probably the smoothest Grado I have, still punchy, nuanced...really like it! It is not as resolute and boundless as the Raal but I could totally live with it. It needed however in my home system a bit more powerful amp as the RA-1 to open completly up.

After reading some reviews I feared there will be no bass, but no problems with the F pads. A very well made, beatiful can! (And it smells good too!)

Ps: plus I am probably the only one, but I think the new cable is better as the old. It looks, feels more high value for me.

E9433215-B0D9-4997-A58C-1DDD6E2F2527.jpeg
you are not alone: I like the new cable too :beyersmile:

Jul 30, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #55,273 of 65,695
Yeah the RS1x are something special. I wish they had a *bit* more sub bass like the Hemps but otherwise, they're near perfect for the price. F pads are definitely a huge improvement over the stock L pads for sure. Also, I agree with you - the new cable is great. Looks and feels more premium and my cups get twisted around far less often with the new cable. Plus it doesn't kink up like the old one sometimes did.
Interesting…I never thought of Hemp as having ‘sub bass’…more of having a pleasing ‘warmth’ in the bass…🤔

Jul 30, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #55,274 of 65,695
Interesting…I never thought of Hemp as having ‘sub bass’…more of having a pleasing ‘warmth’ in the bass…🤔

I mean, they're definitely not bassy headphones at all. But they have more sub bass than every other Grado headphone I've heard. And I'm not even sure I'd describe their bass as 'warm'. The PS500e's bass is warm but the Hemps still have more of it.

Jul 31, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #55,275 of 65,695
20220731_084618.JPGFight!
First of all both are excellent with grado and can totally recommend both.
In all honesty I can't call it , in some ways I prefer mojo2 in others I prefer the cayin.... pretty equal to be honest and the sigs in many ways are not far off each other , Mojo2 maybe a tad more resolving because of its cleanliness/less distortion but this is expected and sound's a tad more digital ... cayin more natural but slightly more distortion I think??? But I'm talking nano increments and its pretty bloody equal to be honest , which shows how good the cayin is because chord do make the best dacs imo, but also show's how good the mojo2 is at a third of the price but obviously the cayin has balanced and a screen .. how the cayin 4.4 fairs against mojo2 is a different matter ....the cayin is astounding and so is the mojo2 ... keeping both for sure!
Mojo2 and 325x is honestly brilliant and for the cost imo it's a no brainer.
I have owned dx160 fiio m11 and the mojo2 destroys them with ease! ..
I j know this is the grado thread and not mojo but I'm giving my opinion here because I think mojo2 is the best bang for buck I have heard with the grado and maybe ( obviously not heard everything and opinions may differ) the best portable sound out there under a 1000 , I think it's that good.

Obviously others may disagree with all of this, it is just an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back