Grado Fan Club!
Oct 28, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #49,111 of 65,569
Don't ditch the GH2! It's such a well-balanced pair and I know you love them as much as I do. So versatile, engaging and fun but managing to still be fairly accurate (for Grado house-sound.) I bet you'd regret it and end up trying to find another pair shortly after. I'm never letting mine go! :D
I have NO intention of ever selling my GH2's!

I go through a lot of headphones and sell them on, if they don't suit me.
I have one particular pair of closed backs that are just not getting any interest at all. I was thinking about trading them for a pair of RS2e's. These retail for more and are just about brand new, so the other guy would be getting a great deal.
On my side, I was wondering if the RS2e's are worth adding to my collection? I really don't know anything about them. I looked at them for a minute three years ago and then just jumped up to the GH2's.

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #49,112 of 65,569
Had a pair of new 325x’s delivered today and er…

CF3DBAA5-4C95-4EB9-8399-BF02AA4F60BF.jpeg

Had to laugh! After triple checking that I wasn’t losing my mind, I determined that the sides were definitely not level. You can see from the in-box pic that it’s surely not intentional :D

108EE95F-037F-4D11-ACA3-AD82D6604BE0.jpeg

Possibly could be rectified by bending the headband into a different shape but I won’t take the risk. Just thought I’d share as it caught me by surprise!

Oct 28, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #49,113 of 65,569

Had to laugh! After triple checking that I wasn’t losing my mind, I determined that the sides were definitely not level. You can see from the in-box pic that it’s surely not intentional :D

Possibly could be rectified by bending the headband into a different shape but I won’t take the risk. Just thought I’d share as it caught me by surprise!
The photo seems to indicate that the headband is what is off in the alignment of the cups. This is easily fixed by some gentle but firm bending of the metal of the headband. I have adjusted the headband on most of my Grados to find the best comfort & performance.
Grado Labs recommends that procedure for fine tuning the fit. (No Hammers) just hands…..

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #49,114 of 65,569

CF3DBAA5-4C95-4EB9-8399-BF02AA4F60BF.jpeg

108EE95F-037F-4D11-ACA3-AD82D6604BE0.jpeg

Nice swung

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #49,115 of 65,569
This has probably been discussed extensively at some point in this super long thread (and I believe I touched on it a while back), but I’m curious, is there a notable difference between the mid-end and high end Grados?

It seems like the most beloved Grados in the entire lineup are the RS2e, the GH2, and the Hemp. Those are all in the $400-$700 range. The Grado range goes all the way up to $2695 with the PS2000e. Are these Professional and Statement series headphones real upgrades over the mid-level, or are they more like just different flavors for people who can afford to try different variations on the Grado design and sound?

The reason I’m asking is I’m thinking of finally moving out of mid-fi and buying something really high end in the next year or so (provided things go well with work and finances are good). Right now, my leading candidates are the HD800S, the Arya, the Focal Clear, or maybe I’d stretch my budget and go for a Diana V2.

I absolutely love the sound of my Hemp, and I’ve loved my SR60 for almost 20 years now. If I do decide to spend a hefty chunk on a high end pair of headphones, is anything in the Grado lineup worthwhile in that price range, or am I better off grabbing an 800S/Arya/Clear/Diana V2 alongside the Hemp, rather than another Grado?

Oct 29, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #49,116 of 65,569
This has probably been discussed extensively at some point in this super long thread (and I believe I touched on it a while back), but I’m curious, is there a notable difference between the mid-end and high end Grados?

It seems like the most beloved Grados in the entire lineup are the RS2e, the GH2, and the Hemp. Those are all in the $400-$700 range. The Grado range goes all the way up to $2695 with the PS2000e. Are these Professional and Statement series headphones real upgrades over the mid-level, or are they more like just different flavors for people who can afford to try different variations on the Grado design and sound?

The reason I’m asking is I’m thinking of finally moving out of mid-fi and buying something really high end in the next year or so (provided things go well with work and finances are good). Right now, my leading candidates are the HD800S, the Arya, the Focal Clear, or maybe I’d stretch my budget and go for a Diana V2.

I absolutely love the sound of my Hemp, and I’ve loved my SR60 for almost 20 years now. If I do decide to spend a hefty chunk on a high end pair of headphones, is anything in the Grado lineup worthwhile in that price range, or am I better off grabbing an 800S/Arya/Clear/Diana V2 alongside the Hemp, rather than another Grado?
Buy the new 60x and something other than Grado. you will not regret. grab : 800S/Arya/Clear/Diana V2 or something from beyerdynamic :wink: DT1770

Oct 29, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #49,118 of 65,569
the question is: where are you after? A high end Grado is more of the same Grado sound, so no suprise there. 800S/Arya/Clear/ Diana V2 are very different. Maybe you want something else soundwise? Go out and try the different headphones.

For me the answer is easy: I like openback, I like lightness, I dont want to buy a new amp for powerhungry headphones.

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #49,119 of 65,569
Anyone else notice the different placement of the vent holes on the rear of the Pokémon x cups? I was thinking about getting them just for that red headband and I was wanting to try the maple wood series very much but never did. But may just wait for the inevitable rs2/rs1x. ( Currently own Grado Hemp and an rs1e.)

Anyways, probably will just contact them in regards to make sure the drivers were indeed tuned to the housing or just swapped the 80x stock drivers in there.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #49,120 of 65,569
I just received my SR225x. I have to say, the soundstage on this one is amazing, and the detail and instrument separation is noticeably better than the SR80x. The subtle background tracks are more audible with the SR225x.

IMG_20211027_123308.jpg

However, I found that the mid crunch I loved in the SR80x disappeared or had been toned down. Replacing it with the S-pads does not in any way reveal that crunchiness and crispiness, so most likely the drivers are different. I find that the stock F-pads sound best with these. I am still waiting for the L-cushion to arrive.

I hate to say this, but aside from the better technicalities than the SR80x, the SR225x seems to have lost its uniqueness. It sounds slightly similar to other headphones within the price range and below. It had become more of a headphone for the mass consumers. Nonetheless, I still love it. I kinda regret not pulling the trigger on the SR325x, but maybe next time or I'll move on with the other series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back