Grado Fan Club!
Jul 22, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #48,166 of 65,565
Been trying out the 325x, more bass than the hemp (just slightly) but not as tight. Great sound to it across everything I’ve thrown at it from Classical to Jazz to Metal to R&B. I’d say the hemp just edges it out but taking price into consideration I’d recommend this over the two as they’re extremely close.

Not convinced on the new cable though lol. With the older style ones I could always coil them up fairly easily in the case, this just doesn’t want to cooperate.

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #48,167 of 65,565
Been trying out the 325x, more bass than the hemp (just slightly) but not as tight. Great sound to it across everything I’ve thrown at it from Classical to Jazz to Metal to R&B. I’d say the hemp just edges it out but taking price into consideration I’d recommend this over the two as they’re extremely close.

Not convinced on the new cable though lol. With the older style ones I could always coil them up fairly easily in the case, this just doesn’t want to cooperate.
Thank you! Can you give me some quick thoughts of Hemp vs. GH2? Do you think the upgraded drivers allow Hemp to surpass GH2, or is it simply a different sound?

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #48,168 of 65,565
Do you think the upgraded drivers allow Hemp to surpass GH2, or is it simply a different sound?

I prefer the GH2 but I definitely think some would prefer the hemp:

GH2 - more spacious sound, better bass texture, more laidback presentation. With G cush they have a really warm feel to them as well.

Hemp - closer soundstage, fuller mids, more bass impact. Darker feel to the music (I’ve been trying to put my finger on this, I think the new drivers sound similar to the Sony house sound which I really enjoy)

If I could only have one Grado (which thankfully isn’t something I need to do!) I think it’d be the GH2 with an L cush and a G cush. They really are something special.

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #48,169 of 65,565

GH2 - more spacious sound, better bass texture, more laidback presentation. With G cush they have a really warm feel to them as well.

Hemp - closer soundstage, fuller mids, more bass impact. Darker feel to the music (I’ve been trying to put my finger on this, I think the new drivers sound similar to the Sony house sound which I really enjoy)

If I could only have one Grado (which thankfully isn’t something I need to do!) I think it’d be the GH2 with an L cush and a G cush. They really are something special.
Sounds like the tuning of GH2 is in the trend of rs1e's. What do you think of its upper mid and treble compared to the Hemp's?

Jul 22, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #48,172 of 65,565

Thanks once again, this is a very informative reference that I'm sure I'll return to. I recently purchased PS500e and I'm really enjoying them--strong bass presence and crystalline highs. It is my first high end Grado, so I have no basis of comparison, I just know that I really like them. I had previously been looking at GH2 and Hemp, and may still add them in the future. I particularly like the aesthetics of the GH2.

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #48,173 of 65,565
My new toy & accessories all arrived on the same day , possible well timed purchasing or maybe I got lucky with the post .
Anyway I've not tried them yet , I'm still on 500e listening binge . All in good time , patience .
20210722_182152.jpg

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #48,174 of 65,565
Thanks once again, this is a very informative reference that I'm sure I'll return to. I recently purchased PS500e and I'm really enjoying them--strong bass presence and crystalline highs. It is my first high end Grado, so I have no basis of comparison, I just know that I really like them. I had previously been looking at GH2 and Hemp, and may still add them in the future. I particularly like the aesthetics of the GH2.
You're not alone my friend , I'm pretty much in love with the 500e , it's very special . This is one Grado that I will be keeping forever .
Just got the Hemp , not listened yet , surely can't compare to the 500e , can it ???

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #48,175 of 65,565
My new toy & accessories all arrived on the same day , possible well timed purchasing or maybe I got lucky with the post .
Anyway I've not tried them yet , I'm still on 500e listening binge . All in good time , patience .
Where'd you find a camo headband ? 😄

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #48,178 of 65,565
You're not alone my friend , I'm pretty much in love with the 500e , it's very special . This is one Grado that I will be keeping forever .
Just got the Hemp , not listened yet , surely can't compare to the 500e , can it ???

Funny, because I have the GH2 (and obviously love it) and pining for a 500e. I already have 3 great (desktop) pairs that are vastly different and don't get enough listening time but the more I read about it, the more intrigued I am by the 500e. I hope used prices for them aren't gonna skyrocket because of the new "x" variety coming out!

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #48,179 of 65,565
Funny, because I have the GH2 (and obviously love it) and pining for a 500e. I already have 3 great (desktop) pairs that are vastly different and don't get enough listening time but the more I read about it, the more intrigued I am by the 500e. I hope used prices for them aren't gonna skyrocket because of the new "x" variety coming out!
I already have 3 great (desktop) pairs
What models ???
I also have had the thought that the eSeries price are going to sky rocket for certain models . If you really want a 500e , then I'd grab one now as a safety net .

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #48,180 of 65,565
I also have had the thought that the eSeries price are going to sky rocket for certain models . If you really want a 500e , then I'd grab one now as a safety net .

The only way the e models will appreciate in value is if the x model is considered worse, thus making people go after the older model. Though I haven't heard either extensively, the GS1000i/RS1i seemed preferred over the GS1000e/RS1e by others.

Interestingly, a number of people also believed the HF2/PS500 was better than the PS500e: see this review for an example.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back